Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female mouse genital protrusion

5 posters

Go down

Female mouse genital protrusion Empty Female mouse genital protrusion

Post by christianchmiel Sat 10 Sep 2016, 11:52 pm

I have three does, one of which we have noticed recently has a slender pink/red protrusion coming from her genitals. She is acting completely normal, very active, eating well, etc. If I am able to post pics, I have some. Does anyone have a clue what this could be? She doesn't seem to be in pain but it's obviously not normal. Best way I can describe it; sort of looks like intestine (like a casing) much like a pink hot dog (she is a female!). Earlier we did notice she looked swollen there. Any help would be appreciated.

christianchmiel

Back to top Go down

Female mouse genital protrusion Empty Re: Female mouse genital protrusion

Post by scaredymouse Sun 11 Sep 2016, 12:11 am

How old is she? Has she ever given birth? Is she able to poop/pee? Does she have any abdominal tenderness that you can tell?

Just based on the limited information your provided, it sounds like it could be a vaginal prolapse. Sometimes it can involve the bladder, bowel or uterus. i'm not sure what the treatment would be, if any, in a mouse.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 11 Sep 2016, 10:48 am

Sorry to hear about your mouse Sad It does sound like either a prolapse or perhaps some kind of growth/tumour. Does she squeak or react to it being touched? Feel free to attach a picture, but either way, she will need to see a vet.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 11 Sep 2016, 12:24 pm

Mice are extremely good at hiding pain—in the wild, it protects them from predators—so you can't always accept the fact that since she's acting normal, she's fine. This sounds like a super painful thing for her... I'd get her to the vet ASAP.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 11 Sep 2016, 4:18 pm

Sounds like a prolapse. Get her to a vet.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down