Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AppleCheeks - The Zoo

+16
River
Rodents rock!
stephlisa
AnonymousMouseOwner
CallaLily
goldfishfanforever
MesaMouse
Artistwolf
Mouseketeers
scaredymouse
Upendiparrot
MouseLover
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
cloverfieldmouse
AppleCheeks
20 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 Empty Re: AppleCheeks - The Zoo

Post by AppleCheeks Sun 24 Apr 2016, 6:18 pm

Artistwolf wrote:Do you have any more Guinea pigs?
7 more to be exact Laughing

Abby and Athea are my "old ladies", heh not really, they're still somewhat young at 4 but their breeder was terrible and apparently well known for selling sickly or to young to be weaned guinea pigs so most never make it passed 2.
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 P8223150_zpsik6fbjp4
Then there is Sneezy and Dust Bunny - not related whatsoever but they are from the same breeder. Sneezy was a premature baby so her respiratory system is a bit funky (not totally developed) so she makes a bit of noise every now and then. She's about 2.5-3. Dust Bunny is a little over 2 now Smile
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 P8223159_zpsslbbweejAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 PA070415_zpspc2oddxb

And then there are my boys! Tobi was.. forced upon me. Laughing A friend of mine breeds guinea pigs and she had a stall for a rabbit and cavy club set up at one of the A&P shows/summer shows (I think you guys might call them country fairs?) where I was showing some of my cows. During a break, I went to go say hi and my friends husband shoves this little wee fluff ball into my hands. Needless to say.. he came home with me. He will be 4 in October.
Little Wonk and Mudslide are the brothers, handraised because their Mum struggled so much with the birth and ended up being very badly bruised (she had 4 but one was DOA and she had to be assisted to birth said DOA). Little Wonk was the last to be born, by that time his Mum had given up so he was a bit oxygen deprived, he had a head tilt from the get-go and he basically walked like he was drunk, forever falling over - he's totally fine now of course! They are about 2.5 now Smile
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 DSC09161_zpsr3vcwr5hAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 P5211409_zpsuxjtbil9
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 24 Apr 2016, 8:06 pm

Sneezy and Dust Bunny! That's too much cute. :swoon:
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Sun 24 Apr 2016, 9:18 pm

abeona wrote:Sneezy and Dust Bunny! That's too much cute. :swoon:
The silly part is thag I didn't plan for the names to "match". If I'm being honest, I didn't realise it until a year or so after naming Dust Bunny..
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 24 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm

so.many.cute.furbabies! i died.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Thu 28 Apr 2016, 3:16 am

She's here! My lovely friend dropped Ella off Tuesday evening, just my luck.. it was dark so I couldn't get any pictures and yesterday was a busy day (the joys of being on call for work) so I finally managed to snap 2 decent pictures. Sadly she has a bit of a gunky eye currently, not surprised.. chaff gets EVERYWHERE including in your eyes..
Her breeder did a wonderful job working with her, she's use to a halter, not to bad about the walking aspect of it all (though still some work to do there) and best yet? I can walk up to her in the paddock and brush her!
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9702_zps0bjpruxuAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9740_zpsejrwrjxeAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9743_zpsxncd2foe

Ella has two paddock mates; Meg, a 8 month old highland heifer and Goat.. the goat. Meg is happy to have the company during her weaning, the goat on the other hand is not impressed with having someone try steal his food. Bossy boots bunted her!
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9706_zpsqsgoffil

-----

Now time to admit some truth, I trust you won't judge me to harshly Laughing
I'm an addict.. a collar addict. Though according to my parents, I'm in denial. Two collars per dog doesn't mean you're an addict! I like to have spares of everything just in case something breaks. It's completely reasonable! I have two requirements in a collar other than being strong/functional etc - I want one that is pretty, their "photo collar" and one that is more for winter, a romp around and get dirty collar. (note, the blue/white flower/butterfly collar is the flat collar version, Callie is getting a martingale)
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 10931385_845200105542583_5870846314058524104_n_zps2nnu7qdvAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 12715651_1078442092218382_646935536766382493_n_zpsspvjefmsAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 12828480_1092872584108666_3312449483619339795_o_zps80wxq05uAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 12834461_1093504160712175_492193393_n_zpstyjjq4pr

-----

For those who don't know, my boy Gremlin is dog reactive. If he sees a dog, he will start whining but usually remains under threshold and can still take treats/listen. That said, he can sometimes be aggressive.
Moving on.
There have been a few dog thefts in my area so lately if I go out and can take my dogs, I will. That includes taking all 3 dogs to agility last night! I leashed Pip up and tied her to a pigtail standard, tied Gremlin up in the car (station wagon so I had the boot door open) and Callie and I went to "class". All was going well until about 30 minutes, everyone had their dogs out doing agility and out of the corner of my eye I see Gremlin.. going for a wander around the field! WHAT?! He chewed his leash in half and went for a walk. No one was harmed of course and it's nice to know he isn't outwardly aggressive but gosh that woke me up.
Picture is from a walk I went on with my friend, her dog and her day-stay dog. Gremlin can be such an angel sometimes.
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 12970211_1311206788894484_2021806418_o_zps92jaobbn
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:09 am

THAT COW Love it's sooo cute! And I love that blue flowery collar!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 28 Apr 2016, 5:25 pm

Oh my gosh. I love the cow and the goat. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 28 Apr 2016, 5:39 pm

I have heaps of collars for my cats... fancy velvet ones with pretty bows, holiday ones, and ones with pretty patterns Smile

That is a funny story about Grem! The funniest part is how casual he seemed about it Happy

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 30 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

Everyone is just gorgeous Cool Photos but I'm admittedly biased for goats. I've loved them since I was a very young child and met my first in the "petting zoo" section of the Bronx Zoo in New York City -- even as an adult, I'd have to make periodic trips to the petting zoo area at the Central Park Zoo to get my goat fix! A few years ago, I was a Trail Host at the Phoenix Zoo and would always include the "farm" area on my rounds just so I could pet the goats (about 20 of them, all different breeds). Love all goats unconditionally but have a very soft spot for Nubians.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Sat 30 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm

MesaMouse wrote:Everyone is just gorgeous Cool Photos but I'm admittedly biased for goats. I've loved them since I was a very young child.
Nubians are definitely a gorgeous breed, I just love their floppy ears Love
Little story for you. Goat is a Saanen Alpine mix, nothing fancy whatsoever. My friend uses him on occasion for her petting zoo (along with some of my other animals as she lives in town so doesn't have the "farm animals") because he was bottlefed, is good on lead and puts up with almost everything - and he is a total pig, kids just LOVE feeding him food out of their hands.
Anyway, she took him to one of the local A&P shows and in amongst all the cow shows and such, there was a goat show! The judge did her thing in the ring and then went for a wander and came across the petting zoo. Apparently goat is an outstanding example of the alpine breed and had we entered him in the ring, he would have absolutely cleaned up. Yep.. my mix is better than the purebred fancy things haha.

Actually.. make that two stories.
When he was younger and still being bottle fed, if I ever went away someone for more than a few hours he would have to come with me. This included a 3hr drive in the car down to see my Mum WITH a stop at a university on the way to deliver a mouse to one of the workers there (for a pet). Gosh you get some weird looks being in the most populated city in New Zealand, walking around campus with a goat Wink

Here's a flash back for you! He was so cute when he was younger.
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 P9280254_zpsmgj8jpc7AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 P9050029_zpsuhzyfl5dAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 P9050025_zpsdk7oljjsAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 P9043118_zpsyu8jlfz3AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 P9043137_zpsxbtflrkv
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:17 pm

Oh, what fabulous pics of Goat to go along with his stories! Many thanks In Love ! How old is he now?

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Sat 14 May 2016, 9:09 pm

MesaMouse wrote:Oh, what fabulous pics of Goat to go along with his stories! Many thanks In Love ! How old is he now?
Bit slack at replying apparently - I didn't see your reply!

Goat is.. uhh.. 3 months off being 2 Smile

------

I have probably mentioned this somewhere but for anyone who didn't know, I work at the dog pound - animal control essentially except we only take in dogs (specifically wandering dogs and dogs who have attacked a person or animal AKA bite cases). Well.. today was my last day working there, I will admit I cried a fair bit saying goodbye to a few of the dogs - you can't help but get attached to some of the dogs who are in there for a while (bite cases mostly, more often than not they are totally lovely dogs).

Anywho, the reason for the lack of posts from me is because on top of leaving my job at the dog pound, I actually started a new job! It went insanely quickly; applied on a Monday, had my interview on Tuesday, got the job Wednesday and started on Thursday. So now.. I work with dogs who already have homes - thank gosh! I work at a boarding kennel and cattery. The best part? I get to bring my dogs with me to work and who would have guessed that that would be the place that Gremlin just thrived. He's leash reactive but does amazingly at work and LOVES the dogs he gets to meet and play with. Total heaven for him and it's really nice to see him so comfortable and happy being out and about - normally he is a whining mess if we go out for a walk on leash in public..
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9892_zps9myn0xdjAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9799_zps681bp3avAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9793_zpsjicvilse

Oh! And his Gremlins collar finally arrived!
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 13230313_1135470733182184_1600248552526322850_n_zpssperzxitAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9938_zpsvombsxim

See why I called him Gremlin? Wink
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 2 IMG_9206_zpss0ookeft
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 15 May 2016, 1:21 am

Your new job sounds like the most perfect job for you and the fur family!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 15 May 2016, 6:51 am

That last picture is too adorable!

This sounds amazing AppleCheeks! It's my dream to have a job where I can hang out with dogs all day Love I have a degree in psychology, and used to work in mental health, but quit my job a couple of years ago due to chronic health issues and have been out of work ever since. I hope to start my own dog walking and pet boarding business soon/one day Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 15 May 2016, 8:48 am

Congrats on the new job, it sounds so fun! It's neat that your dogs get to go and enjoy themselves with you. I return to work next school year, so I'll have to drop the baby off at a daycare while I teach at a different daycare. hehe

Gremlin is still adorable, and I looove his collar!! He models it perfectly. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum