Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AppleCheeks - The Zoo

+16
River
Rodents rock!
stephlisa
AnonymousMouseOwner
CallaLily
goldfishfanforever
MesaMouse
Artistwolf
Mouseketeers
scaredymouse
Upendiparrot
MouseLover
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
cloverfieldmouse
AppleCheeks
20 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 Empty Re: AppleCheeks - The Zoo

Post by AppleCheeks Sun 15 May 2016, 5:26 pm

abeona wrote:Gremlin is still adorable, and I looove his collar!! He models it perfectly. Razz
For a second I was so confused about the "He models it perfectly" because his picture showing off his collar is no different to the others pictures I have of the other collars I got - then I realised I hadn't even shown those pictures! Oops!
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_9753_zpsdb2u6weoAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_9779_zps9bla3o4oAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_9776_zpsjwl1mtjkAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_8905_zpsgpvdfve4AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_8900_zpsb1fs4l51

MouseLover wrote:I hope to start my own dog walking and pet boarding business soon/one day Smile
I had contemplated this myself before getting my current job. Someone I know from one of the dog forums I am on started a dog walking/boarding business and I loved seeing all these pictures of her out with her dog and a bunch of other dogs on her walks but then when I thought about the logistics of everything? I live 20-30 minutes drive out of town so gas costs would have to come into my charge, I have a lot of small animals at home and don't have any real fencing (dog proof) on the property and of course don't forget the fact that I have a dog who is leash reactive and another who doesn't like dogs being in her face.
Never the less, I do wish you luck on your eventual goal!

----

Two more pictures for you guys!
Gorgeous Ella! I swear the long winter coat always makes them look much prettier.. I'm dreading summer time..
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0043_zpsuiamnrlh

And of course.. Ella, Meg and goat waiting for some feed. This picture reminds me how small highlands actually are. Meg is almost 1 and Ella is 1 and they aren't much bigger than goat..
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0049_zpsabq6vmll
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:21 pm

All about bunnies!
Hartley is growing rather nicely and thankfully she has kept her wonderful personality despite being of an age where females can get a bit.. hormonal.. She's such a cruisy bunny, bring her inside and she couldn't care less about the dogs and just flops down on my bed!
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0669_zpsz8ttevd3AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0686_zpsjemapobu

I also have baby bunnies! I've been wanting to breed tri colour standard rexs for a long time but only got my tri colour stud boy Nimbus a few months ago and he has only recently.. "come of age" to do the job but hey, I have tri colour babies and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'll likely be keeping 3 from this litter and replacing a few breeders that just don't work into my line any more for various reason.
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0692_zpshg8yjz63AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0697_zpsza7unxddAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0688_zps9ajls7gyAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0708_zps8m30u9yxAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0711_zpsfowc1xxlAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0709_zpsjkidhvemAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0705_zpsxuwgnuccAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0712_zpsazpl2ukyAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0702_zps5peyrcun

And two extra little pictures that I just love!
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0698_zpsbv5hgg60AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0617%20copy_zpsgihgzwya
Well it was ALMOST all about bunnies..
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:50 pm

OMG what cute dogs, bunnies, cows, cats and goat!
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:08 pm

Eek, there are so many babies around here! Baby mice, baby cats, baby bunnies... Swoon2 Those first three babies are so pretty, and that's a fantastic picture of your dog. Heart Eyes
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:28 pm

Yes, that is a great action shot of the doggie!  And those baby bunnies Heart In Love
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 02 Jun 2016, 7:14 am

Haha great action shot there!

The bunnies look sooo soft! Every bunny I've met has been quite unfriendly Sad I'd love one that was up for a cuddle!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 02 Jun 2016, 8:25 am

Baby bunnies! In Love Jump Hearts

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:56 am

Ooooo, the tricolors are so beautiful! I can't pick a favorite and would love to snuggle them all (at that age).

@MouseLover, I've only met one or two adult rabbits that were friendly. The only rabbit I ever owned, a male, became absolutely vicious when he reached breeding age, so much so that we ended up giving him to a hutchery.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:12 am

goldfishfanforever wrote:OMG what cute dogs, bunnies, cows, cats and goat!
Why thank you!
abeona wrote:Eek, there are so many babies around here! Baby mice, baby cats, baby bunnies... Swoon2 Those first three babies are so pretty, and that's a fantastic picture of your dog. Heart Eyes
Heh, had to contribute somehow to the baby-fest going on Wink As for those babies, I'm keeping 2, 3 and 9? (the last picture).
scaredymouse wrote:Yes, that is a great action shot of the doggie!  And those baby bunnies Heart In Love
Thanks! Finally got around to chatting to the experts about how on earth to take a decent picture of a moving object instead of just "winging it" and getting annoyed when it doesn't work. I'm slowly getting there.
MouseLover wrote:Haha great action shot there!

The bunnies look sooo soft! Every bunny I've met has been quite unfriendly Sad I'd love one that was up for a cuddle!
They're super extra soft Heart Eyes Standard rexs have coats that feel like velvet or silk Smile
MesaMouse wrote:@MouseLover, I've only met one or two adult rabbits that were friendly. The only rabbit I ever owned, a male, became absolutely vicious when he reached breeding age, so much so that we ended up giving him to a hutchery.
Yep! Rabbits can be so annoyingly hit or miss with temperaments - you can have one that is such a sweetheart and turn into a vicious piece of work when it hits "puberty". Thankfully while my rexs can be a bit scatty if I don't handle them often, they aren't to bad overall Smile

------

Now please do excuse this picture.. it might be rather big but I wanted to post an update on how Callie is doing on her new meds. Before pictures on the left which were taken the day she started on Apoquel and the "after" pictures were taken today, just shy of 6 weeks later.
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 BeforeAfter_zpsd5vsr4dv
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:31 am

Baby birds too! Haha

Looks like Callie is doing well! Yay. Cheer
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 03 Jun 2016, 8:30 am

Awesome, looks like it's really helping her! Dance6

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Mon 15 Aug 2016, 12:44 am

It has been OH SO VERY long since I've come onto the forum and even longer since I have posted anything.. life has just been a bit hectic lately I guess...
So update?
I have fish.. a lot of fish - 3 tanks to be exact.. Gee whiz. I had tropical fish many many years ago, absolutely loved having fish tanks in the house but since moving, I haven't had any luck keeping fish alive (other than the ones outside in a fish pond) but since meeting my boyfriend, turns out he has fish and is really quite knowledgeable and helped me get back into fish! Then I went a wee bit overboard and ended up with 3 tanks.. oops!

So much has been happening really. My Mum is having another surgery in a few weeks - turns out some of the sutures keeping her muscles together where the kidney was opened up and basically she has a pretty big hernia which needs to be repaired. The guy she gave her kidney to ended up in hospital as well with next to zero white blood cells and a pretty bad infection - thankfully his WBC count is up and he's fine now. My Grandma, that same week, ended up in hospital having surgery on her back.
And the day before? I was in "surgery" - and hour of digging around in my uterus to pull a certain little IUD out.. Not that any of you needed to know that.

Last time you saw those itty bitty buns was a few months ago and well.. they're pretty stinkn cute even though they are a whole lot bigger Wink
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0877_zpsv9j4g0efAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0961_zpscwjqwbf6AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_0976_zpsbrltnxxi

I'm trying to behave and not just be like "Hey! It's been a while" and photo dump all over this thread haha

We had our only lonesome calf born for this year too, little bull calf - black as can be! Even from birth which we have never had before (normally the blacks are born more of a chocolatey colour).
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1049_zpsalkhtmbc

And what else..
We went to the beach today, oh my gosh that was absolutely amazing. I cannot tell you how much more relaxed I was knowing that there was someone else there who could keep an eye out for other people/dogs so I wouldn't be on edge all the time - oh the joys of having a dog that is dog reactive and another who is just nervous around dogs in general. It definitely made me realise how much I pack when taking the dogs out - its never just a "grab a leash and lets go" type thing.
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1238_zpsv5u3dxvvAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1246_zpsu5ct44tpAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1339_zpsv1jwxplxAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1333_zpsxgjofadcAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1364_zpspcmbwpusAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1370_zpsdchlsq0hAppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1368_zpsgjwqon09

And the best picture of it all? James and I were walking along a sand bar on the beach, the dogs were running through the water and well.. Pip hit a deep spot Wink - don't worry, she's fine, my bigger dogs could walk through it but Pip is a wee pipsqueak.
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1366_zpscps8paxy

And lastly, one of the fish I got was something I have been wanting for so long. I had one in one of my tanks years ago but I always wanted a solo tank and I finally got one!
Meet Cy-fi. The Mustard Gas betta Very Happy
Horrible picture, apparently my camera hates this tank..
AppleCheeks - The Zoo - Page 3 IMG_1399_zpsc6cojrkw
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 1:40 am

WOW, you are a great photographer! Those look like some happy dogs, and your bunnies are so pretty!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 15 Aug 2016, 2:53 am

Wow, I love your new fish, such stunning colours!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 15 Aug 2016, 10:14 am

So good to hear from you, AppleCheeks! All of the buns look so plush, like a snuggly kid's toy, just makes me want to hug one Love . The dogs have the best time possible at any moment and are clearly enjoying splashing about in the water. My current dog loves water if it's coming from a hose or sprinkler -- she tries to bite the water stream and generally runs amok -- but don't show her water for a bath...that's a whole different story to her!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum