Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Lava Ledges Safe?

3 posters

Go down

Are Lava Ledges Safe? Empty Are Lava Ledges Safe?

Post by pumpkinmouse Fri 14 Oct 2016, 11:19 pm

Can't recall if I've read a topic on this here before, but if I have I certainly can't find it Neutral

Are lava ledges okay for maintaining mice nails? My fears are that they will chew it & something in the product doesn't agree with them.
I tried the brick thing, it honestly didn't work as well as I hoped & became a litterbox pretty quickly - so I'd like to substitute that for something up off the ground.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Are Lava Ledges Safe? Empty Re: Are Lava Ledges Safe?

Post by EverythingAnimal Fri 14 Oct 2016, 11:28 pm

Yup, lots of people use them for their mice. Usually they won't chew on something that hard, but even if they did it wouldn't cause much of an issue unless they mess up their teeth or ingest a ton of it. I wonder why some mice need to file their nails and others don't. I've never had a problem with sharp or long nails in my mice.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 15 Oct 2016, 3:11 pm

I use lava ledges Smile yes, they are mainly aimed at chinchillas, but they are perfectly safe for other rodents. They are made of pumice stone, which is safe for them to chew - though my mice have never chewed them.

I think they're pretty cool as little climbing ledges. I like to place them in gaps to create good climbing paths, if that makes sense Smile

If you want to help keep your mice's nails down, the best place to put one is probably underneath their water bottle.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down