Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very very scared mouse - I dont know what to do?

+7
CinnamonPearl
peas
Mouseketeers
MouseLover
CallaLily
Artistwolf
timez
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Very very scared mouse - I dont know what to do? - Page 3 Empty Re: Very very scared mouse - I dont know what to do?

Post by timez Fri 29 Apr 2016, 4:49 am

she says move them all now if i want Smile - looks like b&q for wire mesh today Smile

timez

timez

Back to top Go down

Very very scared mouse - I dont know what to do? - Page 3 Empty Re: Very very scared mouse - I dont know what to do?

Post by Teramis Sun 01 May 2016, 10:17 pm

Sort of a side-comment on the jumping issue: in my experience it is the younger mice that do that jumping, if they're going to do it at all. After a couple months of age they do it a lot less (generally). I mean, they're still able to, but are less inclined to try. And older, heavier meeple don't generally make a point of springing high if they can help it. So sooner or later he will be less bouncy-legged and it will be much easier to do tub-time with him.

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by timez Mon 02 May 2016, 1:11 am

im not sure hes even a baby (looks adult to me - but have nothing to compare him / her to so maybe still a baby for all I know.

and i hope so - still seems so scared of me Sad

(also i waited 72 hours and looked for babies but there was none - what I thought was a baby must have been peanut's nose sniffing about from under the bedding - oops! - least i know what to do if that really happens now though)

timez

timez

Back to top Go down

Post by timez Wed 04 May 2016, 7:20 pm

just wanted to let you all know - peanut is showing signs of not being as skittish now - he is coming out and not running away all the time - and he crawls on my hand sometimes in the cage - which i thought would never happen.

Also I was so disapointed about there being no babies - I brought a baby mouse - but the woman wasnt sure how old he is (she said she has mice of all ages) - pretty sure he is really young though - his name is sparky because he is a champaigne colour or a super light tan and i thought he sparkled because of his colour Smile

sparky is much more tame than peanut but still very unsure of everything at the moment so im going easy on him - i only got him last night and its probabbly the first time hes been away from his litter mates.

im hoping when i can hold sparky which considering how tame he is (hes doing the same things if not more than peanut and its Sparkys first day here) wont be long - he will be a bit calmer because he will see im not hurting another mouse.

Thats not why i got sparky obviouslly though - i wanted a baby one as well because of the almost with peanut Smile - and also when i saw him i couldnt not bring him home with me.

(so sweet though - as soon as i put him in his temporary home - before he goes in the big one - he started bruxing and i could hear the clicking very obvouslly - so awww - he was very thirsty when he got home so he drank loads of water - and even now he seems to spend most of his time eating lol - is that ok?)

timez

timez

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 04 May 2016, 8:06 pm

Totally normal. Mice tend to graze pretty much all day, babies especially. It takes lots of food intake to support such a fast metabolism.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by timez Wed 04 May 2016, 8:23 pm

hes so ubelevably sweet omg! - i really have got to get a camera working to show you.

timez

timez

Back to top Go down

Post by Teramis Wed 04 May 2016, 9:15 pm

It's still unclear to me what the sex is of Peanut. If he is actually male, and Sparky is also male-- then please be aware it is not safe to house males together (or at least not far past the point where their testicles become obvious and testosterone activates their territorial behaviors). There is lengthy information about this in some thread - or was, in our previous forum, which I presume got ported over here. Can anyone reading this point to the link to the males-housed-together cautionary info?

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by timez Wed 04 May 2016, 9:55 pm

don't worry I am keeping them in seperate cages until I can confirm the sex of peanut (I have read the link i think your refering to - so once sparky is tame enough to hold - I will see if they both look the same or different.

With peanut since he isnt tame enough to hold and look yet - I will have to resort to waiting until he is climbing all over the bars and have a look then - failing that - something with a see through bottom.

i think this is the link you mean...

http://www.thefunmouse.com/info/keeping-mice-together.cfm#maleslivetogether

timez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3