Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'M IN LOVE

+5
scaredymouse
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
EverythingAnimal
Artistwolf
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I'M IN LOVE Empty I'M IN LOVE

Post by Artistwolf Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:13 pm

So you know how I said a while back that in my Animal Behavior class, we'd get to build mazes for mice? Well we built our mazes SO TODAY HE BROUGHT IN THE MICE.
They were all males. We were in groups of four and so we had to choose a mouse for ourselves. GUESS WHAT?!!! I WAS CHOSEN TO CHOOSE AND HANDLE THE MOUSE!!!! So, of course, I chose a black guy. He's pretty small and has a slight chip in his ear and a healing bite on his back, poor guy. But he's a cutie, and super sweet too. He seemed to like me and didn't run away from my hand very much like the other guys did (although I dare say I was a lot better at picking them up, even though I had to hold the tank lid and therefore could only use one hand to pick him up. He seemed a bit calmer than the other guys.
My teacher saw my enthusiasm and said I could buy one from him, but of course I said I would love to, but convincing my mother would be the hard part. She's promised me a cat, and I'm pretty sure that means nothing else Laughing
BUT I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS GUY. I want him sooooooo badly!!!! Argh!
He's here till Friday, then he gets sent back to the pet store Sad
I think this is my first time actually handling a mouse and even after all this research and stuff, I was still surprised at how friendly they are.
Anyway, you'd better bet I took a ton of photos!
Here they are!
I'M IN LOVE Img_8520
I'M IN LOVE Img_8523
I'M IN LOVE Img_8521
I'M IN LOVE Img_8522

NE HOLDING HIM
I'M IN LOVE Img_8525

"This maze is far too easy."
I'M IN LOVE Img_8526

You can see the little bite on his back here:
I'M IN LOVE Img_8524

The tan one here (totally forget color names when I'm excited) kept jumping! It was funny.
I'M IN LOVE Img_8528

"Ahem, I'm trying to eat, stop sitting on my head, bro."
I'M IN LOVE Img_8527

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

I'M IN LOVE Empty Re: I'M IN LOVE

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:29 pm

Awww! Glad I don't have that class! I would take all of them home! I'd say is there is any hope in convincing your parents within the next few weeks/months, now is your oppertunity! If I were you I'd probably just smuggle one home with me. Can't help it! Shocked

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:45 pm

OOOOH MY GOOOOD I LOVE HIM. Is there any way you could arrange for your mom to meet this mouse? Or maybe you should ask her about it again and say that the opportunity arose! You already have a tank, right? So you'd need to get prepared really fast. The question is if you would be willing to trade your future cat for this little boy! Talk to your mom sooner rather than later!!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:49 pm

Aw, glad you got to hang out with a mouse! A teacher offering to let me keep a mouse at the end of the year was how I ended up with my first (before the other firsts, lol) boy, Oreo. I loved taking him home for the weekends and breaks, so my grandma said yes. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 07 Dec 2016, 4:28 pm

Maybe you can convince your mom to let you bring him home for one night, then maybe she could see how sweet he is... You could tell her that he's getting beat up by the other males and you would love to give him a little reprieve for even just a night, blah blah, he has a bite on his back, poor mouse... you get the idea.

If she lets you bring him home for one night, she is opening the door for conversation. And I'm sure your teacher would be fine with that Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 07 Dec 2016, 4:32 pm

Oooh good idea Scaredy!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 07 Dec 2016, 5:27 pm

EverythingAnimal wrote:Awww! Glad I don't have that class! I would take all of them home! I'd say is there is any hope in convincing your parents within the next few weeks/months, now is your oppertunity! If I were you I'd probably just smuggle one home with me. Can't help it! Shocked
Can't say that thought didn't cross my mind! I wouldn't dare to though, besides that that's a really bad idea, my mom would find out in the first five seconds AND I can't drive yet so I wouldn't even be able to get supplies Laughing
CinnamonPearl wrote:The question is if you'd be willing to trade your future cat for this little boy!
That's the question, all right. If only I had an answer. Argh. I'm going to mention that you can buy one from the teacher at dinner. But it's hard because I think my mom likes cats but she has an issue with rodents. She KNOWS I want this guy. I'd just be repeating the fact to her brain XD But, I mean, worth a try, right? XD
Peachy wrote:A teacher offering me to keep a mouse at the end of the year was how I got my first mouse.
That's awesome. Argh, what are you guys doing to me?! Giving me... hope? HOW COULD YOU XD I've only got till Friday. Aaahhhh help me >.<
ScaredyMouse wrote:Maybe you can convince your mom to let you take him home for one night
Thanks for the idea—I love it—but he's with a whole ton of other mice in a cage and so wereI to bring him home even for a night, I'd have to have all the necessary supplies, especially a wheel and a water bottle. I've got nothing except a ten gallon tank with a lid that I don't really trust. Lol.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 07 Dec 2016, 5:46 pm

Awww, he's super cute! Glad you got the chance to hang out with a mouse and I hope your mom changes her mind. Good luck!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:14 pm

Girl, if you're gonna give me problems.... I'm gonna give you solutions. A mouse can live without a wheel for one day, especially since you will likely be playing with him a lot.  You could make some free toys for him to play with.  You could give him water bowl for one night.  Its perfectly safe.  Of course, he could try to toss bedding into it but you will be there to give him fresh water if he needs it.  Also, you could set the dish on a little box to help prevent that. And finally, put a book on the lid. It could be a little stressful for him to sleep over, but no more stressful that his week is already with going to a classroom!

The end Wink

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:25 pm

Lol, yay Scaredy! Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:26 pm

Scaredy just nailed it! Very Happy

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 07 Dec 2016, 8:18 pm

Oh man you guys are going to make me cry :') I'll see what I can do. Thank you so much Hug

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 07 Dec 2016, 8:58 pm

Aw, kiddo, we know how much you want a mouse in your life. I just didn't want you to miss an opportunity because of a problem that could easily be solved.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:33 am

I asked her!
Surprisingly, her response: "what about Florida though?"
We're going to Florida for two weeks over the winter break. Any ideas? I'm getting closer and don't want to give up just because of that.
I suggested I could maybe take him with me, but I'd think about it. Suggestions?
Currently she's trying to get ahold of my dad to talk to him. I can't believe I've got this far!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:35 am

If you're driving to Florida and not staying at a hotel, I would just go for it if your teacher's fine with it. The opportunity is just too good to lose. So long as you have enough food and bedding for the entire trip! Did your mom seem open to the prospect at all, or was the question more of a shut down?

Also, aren't the mice going back to the pet store tomorrow? Or am I mistaken?

Edit: Wait, I think I misunderstood. XD Did you ask her to keep him, or did you ask her to keep him for a night? If the former, then yes, either take him (which shouldn't be too much of a problem so long as you're 100% prepared to travel with mice) or you can surely get a friend or family member to pet sit for you and check on him every other day.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next