Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'M IN LOVE

+5
scaredymouse
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
EverythingAnimal
Artistwolf
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I'M IN LOVE - Page 2 Empty Re: I'M IN LOVE

Post by Artistwolf Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:55 am

I asked to keep him. Lol. Good, I'm fine with traveling with him, or we do a lot for our neighbor so she could check in every other day if my mom doesn't want to travel with him.
Question, is it normal to be able to see skin through the fur? Does he look healthy to you guys? Photo:I'M IN LOVE - Page 2 Img_8529
I'M IN LOVE - Page 2 Img_8529
I'M IN LOVE - Page 2 Img_8530
I'M IN LOVE - Page 2 Img_8610

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 08 Dec 2016, 12:05 pm

That's not normal,  his coat should be full. Is his skin clear and smooth? Bumpy or flakey?

I'd guess he'd heal up well with mite treatment, good food, and space away from other boys. Parasites, bad food and stress will all affect coat quality.

How exciting!! I hope your parents agree to let him come home. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 08 Dec 2016, 12:27 pm

Thanks Peachy! My mom is making my hopes way too high right now XD

Ah, yes, mite treatment will be high on my list of things to do if I can get him. He's also on wood shavings; could that also maybe be a possibility? I hate to choose a not super healthy mouse but I love him so much already XD Vet stuff shouldn't matter too much, as I'm pretty sure my parents are on board and in like six months I'll be 18 and be able to drive. Hm, what else... Of course, in the small change my mom will give me the okay, we'll have to rush out to Petsmart to buy stuff (which is more than okay by me! Lol
His skin looks pretty smooth, no bumps (except for that little scab on his lower back, from the healing bite), and no dandruff or anything.
A few times as I was holding him, he'd stop and sit there and his sides would sort of move a little like he was taking deep breaths every like three seconds or so. It seems to irregular to be a symptom of a URI or anything, and he's not sneezing or anything... what do you think? I have to be sure what I'm getting into here. Lol

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 08 Dec 2016, 12:55 pm

If he's allergic to wood bedding, it could affect his fur and his breathing... especially if it has any sort of scent. But it's hard to say whether his breathing might be a symptom of a URI or something else. Or even something normal.

What is he doing when it happens? Is he alert? Eyes open and bright, ears perky? Is he actually gasping, like he's trying to catch his breath, or do his sides just move? If he's alert and breathing normally, not gasping, no sneezing, he doesn't sound congested, and he isn't making any clicking or chittering noises, my first guess wouldn't be that it's a URI. A vet would be able to tell you for sure, though.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:31 pm

Hm, well, there's absolutely no sound to his breathing, and when he's moving around (which is most of the time), you can't see his breathing. Even when that's happening, his eyes are bright and his ears are alert... in fact, I think he was doing it in a couple of the photos I just posted. I agree, probably not that then. And it doesn't happen regularly enough to be with every breath, IMO. Not that I know how often mice breathe XD I'm starting to realize how little I know about mice! What's normal, and what isn't? I don't know! XD
I just would prefer not to have to take him to the vet as soon as I get him, because seriously, my mom would be so mad at me Laughing I don't know... should I choose a different guy instead? But I've really fallen in love with this guy, even if he doesn't seem exactly like the "right" choice.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:36 pm

Go with your heart. If this mouse is your spirit animal, then take him and promise to care for him. See how he does on paper bedding and then make your decision. It honestly looks like bedding allergy to me. Fur loss plus breathing problems is a telltale sign.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:42 pm

How long are you going to Florida for? And you're going by car?

I agree with Peachy, he doesn't look super healthy but he also doesn't look sick either. My Goose looked unhealthy his whole life and almost lived to be two. I would be inclined to think that he would improve with paper bedding, being alone and getting treated for mites. Oh, and good food. He looked okay in the other photos, good weight, bright eyes, and he ran the maze! The deep breaths you described could have also been nerved. Its probably pretty scary for a mouse to be in a classroom.

Mice oftentimes choose us. This is the mouse that changed your mothers mind. Also, about the possible need for a vet, I'm going to PM you later about that...

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:44 pm

Well now you have me curious, Scaredy. XD But I won't pry.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:46 pm

I actually don't see anything abnormal in the pictures you've shared. I'd choose him, especially since it sounds like you two have already bonded!

For reference, this mouse came from Petco with a URI. After several rounds of antibiotics, the vet decided it was likely to be lung scarring and/or Myco. She sucked in her sides, and then you could see her sides poof back out to normal. With every breath, there was no missing it!
I'M IN LOVE - Page 2 Sam_0210
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 08 Dec 2016, 2:09 pm

I'm just catching up on this thread and am keeping my fingers crossed for you, Artistwolf! This little guy looks like all he needs is a good loving home, decent food, paper bedding, a round of Ivermectin and no other male mice around.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 08 Dec 2016, 2:33 pm

Cinna: You're right. He's the one! Heart
Scaredy: We're going for two weeks and we're driving all the way in one shot (to be able to make an appointment my dad's got there—I won't explain it all but it's not really a fun vacation sotuation that's taking us there, and we'll be staying in a Home Away place). So it's like 14 hour drive, I think.
That's true. That's actually the first impression I got—that he was nervous and trying to calm down. Like me when I see blood. Lol
Great, thanks! PM me all you like Smile 

Peachy: Oh, wow, well he certainly didn't look like that! Just a slight movement of his sides that seemed a little more than what I would imagine as normal. Although I don't exactly have a point of reference Laughing Great! Thank you so much Very Happy

Mesa: Thank you!!! I'm so hoping this all works out. We'll see soon enough...

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 08 Dec 2016, 2:36 pm

Does this Home Away place allow pets? Check their website or call and ask. If not, it wouldn't be that bad to just leave him at home and ask a friend or a neighbor to change his food and water every other day or so. I would try not to bring him if you could avoid it; 14 hours is a long time to be traveling for a mouse.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 08 Dec 2016, 3:13 pm

Okay, thanks! I'll keep that in mind then. Things are still iffy that this'll even happen!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:34 pm

The suspense is killing me so much. My mom is literally waiting for my dad to say yay or nay, I think. She thinks that the smell will be terrible and... bad for my living space. Idk. I don't know what's happening and I'm just dying from suspense. It's horrible because I know I'm a minute it can all go south, but even that I could almost deal with if I just knew. Argh.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:36 pm

I know the feeling, trust me. XD When does your dad make his decision?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next