Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'M IN LOVE

+5
scaredymouse
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
EverythingAnimal
Artistwolf
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I'M IN LOVE - Page 5 Empty Re: I'M IN LOVE

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 09 Dec 2016, 5:47 am

Artist, you're a different person now! You've learned, you've changed, and you've grown, and I think the universe knows this and gave you a gift. An incredible gift! Think of it as an incredible challenge. You're going to learn so much and make an incredible new friend. Smile Don't let your worries stop you from doing this.

Trust me, I can relate. I am bad at taking care of pets! I lost motivation with many of the animals I have ever had and made mistakes. Before I got mice, I just lost my parrot when she was only four, and my dad had told me he didn't believe in me enough to give me a rabbit. I was anxious and scared of doing my girls wrong. But when I got them and started to take care of them, I realized! Caring for mice is ridiculously easy (for the most part), and I fell head over heels! I've connected with these animals more than any animal I've ever had or had experience with, and I think you will too.

The universe is giving you a last chance to prove how far you've come. Take that chance and prove the universe right (and your parents wrong)!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 09 Dec 2016, 7:22 am

I knew it! I knew it I tell you.
I went upstairs this morning and my mom said she just can't handle it, I can't have a mouse because she just can't bear the thought of having a mouse, she knows she'll hate it, and she just feels like she's making a huge mistake.
Ah well, that's me back in the drawer. At least I've still got that future cat to look forward to.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 09 Dec 2016, 7:29 am

Artistwolf wrote:I knew it! I knew it I tell you.
I went upstairs this morning and my mom said she just can't handle it, I can't have a mouse because she just can't bear the thought of having a mouse, she knows she'll hate it, and she just feels like she's making a huge mistake.
Ah well, that's me back in the drawer. At least I've still got that future cat to look forward to.

Ask her to at least give it a chance. Considering how much you care about this mouse and how much she's gotten your hopes up, that's only fair. If she still can't handle it, then you can take the mouse to a shelter. Even if you're feeling iffy on it, do it for this mouse. Imagine how much better it'll be for him to go from that hectic classroom to a nice, warm, loving home instead of some pet store.

You know, my mom thought for certain she was going to hate my mice, too. But they really grew on her and now she loves them almost as much as I do.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:03 am

Oh come on! >Sad That's sort of cruel to get you excited and then shut you down. Try to calm her down and ask her to give it a chance. I really do think she'll change her mind if she just gives it a few days.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:05 am

Wow, I don't even know what I can say... I think I'm going to need to bite my tongue, though. Artist, what your mother did is cruel. To put you through all of that... And say yes... Then talk to you after... And now this. Cruel. I know there is a part of you that is relieved and that's okay. New things are scary. But I'm proud of you for asking for something that you wanted. You have every right to do that as kid. And it's a parents job to evaluate the request and say yes or no. Not yes, *then* no. I am very saddened to hear that your mom handled this so poorly. Hang in there kiddo.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:14 am

Reading through the other recent posts, I don't think you should push for it anymore. If your mother is this uncertain, she could freak out at any time. You don't want to bring home a mouse, invest time/money, and fall on love only to have her decide she can't take it and make you get rid of it.

I guess if she reconsiders on her own, that would be different but pressuring her isn't going to do you any favors.

I'm so sorry about how this turned out. I'm still in shock that she could do that to you...

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:17 am

It's just mean. Sad I'm so upset over how this turned out.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:17 am

I know. I agree. But yeah, Scaredy... I feel the same way. I don't think it's a good idea to keep trying and end up having a mouse in a house where my mother is at constant risk of wanting me to get rid of him again. But I also can't really blame her... she feels bad about it, I know that. She says she feels like a terrible mom for it all. There's not much for me to do but accept that though :/ It's pretty upsetting but I'm keeping together for now. I don't know... maybe at a later date, she'll be more okay with it. She was afraid of the smell, and then she apparently did research and looked on "mom forums" and got turned off of the whole thing, especially male mice. Maybe I can convince her to get three females in a year or so. I don't know. I don't know anything anymore. Argh. We'll see if she decides to change her mind on her own, but I don't think she will.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:36 am

Oh, wow, what a downer to get to the end of this thread. I was tearing up to read you were given the go-ahead and then just broke down in tears to read the decision was reversed at the eleventh hour. This ongoing "no-yes but with guilt trip-no" rollercoaster has been playing an enormous role in your harboring doubts as to whether or not you'd be able to care for this mouse (or any mice) -- you will be a great mouse-Mom when given the chance and, deep inside, you know that. You also know your family better than we ever could through reading your posts over the last few years. As scaredymouse said, unfortunately the time has come to just back away from the mouse situation and look forward to the promised cat next year. I know I speak the truth when I say that our collective hearts are breaking for you so accept lots of virtual hugs and wait for the day you're on your own, maybe in college, when you can fulfill your heart's desire.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:40 am

Couldn't have put it better myself, Mesa!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 09 Dec 2016, 12:03 pm

Exactly what Mesa said is what I'm feeling.  And I'll follow Scaredy's example and bite my tongue.  Mad

One day you will be a great mouse parent, Artist!  Group Hug

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Fri 09 Dec 2016, 12:49 pm

I can't believe how this story has ended! I'm heartbroken for you! At least you still have the future cat to look forward to. (I just can't believe she got your hopes up, and then *crash*! Wow.)
Hope you're doing alright, we all feel for you right now!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 09 Dec 2016, 12:55 pm

Aww, Mesa... thank you so much. I think that really does describe exactly how I feel... and why... yeah. Well... someday.
Thanks guys Smile I'm fine. I'm just sort of acting like nothing's happened because that's the kind of person I am. I don't show my emotions very much... but... that doesn't mean I'm not dying inside. I passed the animal behavior room earlier and it was so hard to not just poke my head in there and see the guy who was almost mine. But I don't want to see... I don't know, I'm just done with this whole thing. I can't win. So.. sorry, I'm not making sense right now. I'm feeling really confused. But yeah, thank you, guys. You've helped me a lot, even if it didn't really work out well at all in the end.

I wish she had just said no right from the beginning.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 09 Dec 2016, 12:59 pm

She really should have. What a cruel thing to do. >.>

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 09 Dec 2016, 1:44 pm

Yes, she should have said no right in the beginning rather than this back and forth, guilt tripping nonsense.   I know I said I'd bite my tongue but it's this crap right here that had me angry before I even knew she changed her mind.

Artistwolf wrote:Now my mom's crying and I am too and she's saying I should never have brought it up because now I'm going to guilt her into it ahhhh what should I do?!?

Artistwolf wrote:
She told me to not feel too too guilty, but that I was kinda guilting her into it,

Changing her mind is heartbreaking enough but that right there is not at all how this should ever have been handled, imho. It strikes a nerve with me, having grown up with similar emotional games -- but maybe I'm reading into it too much because of that.  There is zero reason for you to feel guilty at all.  I just wanted you to know that. Sorry to overstep.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next