Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three New Mice

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Three New Mice Empty Three New Mice

Post by CallaLily Thu 23 Feb 2017, 12:48 pm

I picked up 3 new cuties today. Wasn't really planning to but I just couldn't leave them there in the feeder bin.  They're settling in but I snapped a few pictures and a little video.

Thought this was a cute picture. They're obviously nervous but still curious.
Three New Mice 20170211

All 3 girls, of course. One broken RY, one chocolate (with a small amount of white on her belly), and one black. No names yet.
Three New Mice 20170212
Three New Mice 20170213
Three New Mice 20170214

And here's the video of them probably trying out a flying saucer for the first time.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ3RaqmgI4Q/

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Three New Mice Empty Re: Three New Mice

Post by Peachy Thu 23 Feb 2017, 1:47 pm

Congrats on your new girls! They're beautiful, and that first picture is just too cute. I want a yellow mouse too! Crying or Very sad

Lol, i can't wait to hear their new names!!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 23 Feb 2017, 2:19 pm

I have decided on names. Laughing  We'll see if they'll stick.

RY is Tilda.  She seemed a bit spunky at the pet store.  This is from a show I watch.

Black is Arsinoe.  It's from a book my middle son suggested I read, and I really liked it (the name. the book is ok too). Though I pronounce it wrong. Laughing

Chocolate is Eulyn.  This is from another show I watch  (though not a character), so I thought it sort of fits with the others.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 23 Feb 2017, 6:31 pm

Adorable! I love the mouse named Eulyn, she's so pretty!

Last edited by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 23 Feb 2017, 6:59 pm

Yay! Mice!

That same thing happened to me. I wasn't looking for any new mice but i saw those 3 pretty ladies and couldn't leave them in the feeder bin. And now i have 3 lady mice and 8 bonus babies. What a bargain. 11 mice for the price of 3, lol.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 23 Feb 2017, 7:06 pm

Thanks!

I had to go back in and add popsicle sticks in to hold the flying saucer in place. I know, I know. I should have done that in the first place.  But it's good to see they're loving it so much. The store they came from only provides the mice with those itty bitty mesh wheels.  The hams get medium flying saucers, so no idea why they don't just give them to the mice too. Rolling Eyes  Even those ridiculously tiny saucers would be better.

Laughing @ScaredyMouse. I'm hoping for no oopsie babies. I've been lucky so far with this store so fingers crossed my luck holds. I'll stick to enjoying pics of your cuties! Good vibes

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:42 am

Here's a little bit better picture of Eulyn.
Three New Mice Img_2010

I'm always so surprised by my mice. Tilda, who seemed very bold and spunky at the pet store, is such a scaredy mouse here. Not as bad as Hazel was, mind you, but Hazel was a spazz even at the store.  Eulyn is quite bold, in comparison to the other two. Arsinoe follows her lead, but is slightly more shy.  

We started taming yesterday, just introducing our hands. I say "we" because my youngest son decided he's going to be part of this process.  Today we practiced tube rides,  where they get into a specific tube and I lift them up and then allow them to step back out into the play bin - but the catch is they have to step on our hands to get down.  Eulyn found this quite thrilling and took multiple tube rides. Arsinoe even went for a few and Tilda took two.  I can already see a difference in all of them today. Dance  Other tubes and toys in the play bin are "safe zones," so they are choosing to go for tube rides.  I prefer this kind of approach to taming when possible.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:51 am

I love their names! And Eulyn's colors. My brown/suspected chocolate mice have always been pretty light.

I'm glad taming is going well. The tube rides sound like fun... it's so amusing that mice catch on to our games and actually enjoy them. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 26 Feb 2017, 3:33 pm

Yikes! How did I miss the news of your new girls, CallaLily? They're soooo sweet and it's great that your youngest son is getting involved with them...guess it offsets your involvement with his hamster Laughing .

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 26 Feb 2017, 4:24 pm

Laughing I guess it is only fair since I do step all over his toes where Hamtaro's care is concerned.  But she's sooooo cute! Embarrassed

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 27 Feb 2017, 7:07 am

These little boogers. Twice now they've emptied their dish, and both times they've left all the buckwheat! Shake head At least they're eating everything else. Rolling Eyes

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 27 Feb 2017, 7:01 pm

Pics from today.

Tilda
Three New Mice 20170216

Arsinoe
Three New Mice 20170218

Eulyn
Three New Mice 20170217

Please excuse the poo.  It happens. For whatever reason, Eulyn was the scaredy mouse today. Wacko

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 27 Feb 2017, 7:04 pm

Aww, they are so cute!!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 28 Feb 2017, 12:05 pm

Finally got a weight on these guys and administered the first part of their preventative ivermectin treatment.

Eulyn and Tilda are 32 grams, Arsinoe is 34 grams. I was guessing these guys weren't as young as some of the others I've gotten. Guess I was right? Even tub-a-tubs Celyn and Rina were only 20 grams when I first got them at around 5 weeks of age. What do you guys think?

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 28 Feb 2017, 4:21 pm

I don't think I mentioned that I am planning to introduce these 3 to my other 3 girls.  I've been thinking about which cage I should house them in at first, assuming initial introductions go ok. I'm happy to see my extra bin cage looks perfect. The inside floor space measures 27 x 16 inches.  The only other available tanks I have are too small (10g, 15g, (2) 29g) or too large (40 breeder).  Looks like standard aquarium sizes jump from room for 5 mice to room for 9 mice.  Of course if all goes well for a good amount of time, I will be trying them all in the 40B.

Has anyone else here kept 6 girls in a group successfully?  I know I've seen people in other groups keeping that many or more. Wondering my chances of it all working out. I seem to have bad luck with intros anyway.  Undecided   Off to read the intro thread for the 554334556656th time.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next