Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chew block

3 posters

Go down

Chew block Empty Chew block

Post by Veganboi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 9:57 am

About a week ago i went out and bought this chew block that ive heard is good for mice/rats/etc to help keep their teeth healthy and such!
However either my mice dont like it, or they have no idea that it IS for chewing haha

Is there any way i can make them use it? I was thinking of putting some peanut butter on it or tahini but at the same time im wary about possible nut allergies Sad

Anyone done anything similar?

kale mudpie chia

Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts
Veganboi
Veganboi

Aries Insomnious

Back to top Go down

Chew block Empty Re: Chew block

Post by CallaLily Fri 11 Aug 2017, 10:46 am

Honestly, my mice mostly love chewing cardboard. Apple and willow sticks are well liked too. Willow or raffia balls are quickly shredded. I've also seen them chew on loofah, corn husk toys, sisal, hay, popsicle sticks and other wooden toys, seagrass twists, bamboo chopsticks, coconut shell. I've never had to try to tempt them into chewing.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Veganboi Fri 11 Aug 2017, 9:06 pm

CallaLily wrote:Honestly, my mice mostly love chewing cardboard. Apple and willow sticks are well liked too. Willow or raffia balls are quickly shredded. I've also seen them chew on loofah, corn husk toys, sisal, hay, popsicle sticks and other wooden toys, seagrass twists, bamboo chopsticks, coconut shell. I've never had to try to tempt them into chewing.

Cardboard and TP rolls are a hit with my girls, so i guess at least its good i have lots of that for them!

kale mudpie chia

Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts
Veganboi
Veganboi

Aries Insomnious

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 11 Aug 2017, 9:37 pm

i wouldn't put anything on it to try to entice them.  They are very smart.  They will just lick it off and leave the chewing block untouched.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down