Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amber's introduction + a small question..

3 posters

Go down

Amber's introduction + a small question.. Empty Amber's introduction + a small question..

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 16 Nov 2017, 9:21 pm

Sorry, I didn't get it on video this time! However, I just wanted to say how Amber's introduction went. It was a very unusual one, lol! I put her in neutral territory, and immediately, Clover walked up and sniffed Amber, then Clover started to groom her, oddly enough Laughing She only groomed her a little though, then went off and ignored her.

Then Blossom walked up, they froze and made some eye contact, but she cowered down and let Blossom sniff her, and then Blossom sniffed her over real good and all was peaceful.

Autumn, on the other hand, completely ignored her the entire time. It's like she was invisible to Autumn, isn't that weird? Autumn didn't even want to sniff her to see who she was.

So my question is, do colonies pass down "traditions" to each other like a family of people would? Why I'm asking that is because I feel like I've observed that in my girls. I have 2 colonies of girls, and one colony is pretty afraid of me, while the other colony (this colony) is super brave around me and doesn't mind me picking them up very much. I don't work that hard to tame them either, so I feel like they teach each other that I'm not a monster Laughing Then this particular colony has always been very good at doing teamwork to complete nests, it seems like each mouse has their own "job" in making nests. One mouse will go out and collect the material, then pass it on to another mouse who puts it in the nest, and another mouse will take it and flatten it out to make it comfy. I don't observe these things in my other colony. I just find it funny how a whole colony of mice can have a certain characteristic, while another colony might not, I feel like they pass these things down to the newcomers, who pass it on to future mice.

Amber's introduction + a small question.. Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Amber's introduction + a small question.. Empty Re: Amber's introduction + a small question..

Post by CallaLily Fri 17 Nov 2017, 6:07 am

I think definitely if one or more mice are or aren't afraid of you, the others will follow a lot of the time. I feel like I've seen it with mine too. I also think some groups work together better than others and some mice are just tidier than others.

Glad introduction went so well.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Amber's introduction + a small question.. Empty Re: Amber's introduction + a small question..

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 17 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm

Happy to hear introductions went so well. I do believe animals learn from other animals. When I used to have rats Brandy was so shy from the get go. When I adopted her from a rat rescue, she was paired up with Gus Gus (Brandy had been spayed). Gus Gus was nice to Brandy, but he was not friendly with me, but I loved him anyway. Gus Gus became ill and unfortunately had to be put to sleep. Poor Brandy was all alone now. So I adopted Cleo from the Humane Society. Cleo was young and very friendly and outgoing. Brandy learned from Cleo to come out of her shell. Brandy became a totally different rat with her new sister Cleo. I sure do miss those girls.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down