Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems, Problems :/

+2
stephlisa
Blessed
6 posters

Go down

Problems, Problems :/ Empty Problems, Problems :/

Post by Blessed Sat 18 Nov 2017, 11:22 pm

Hey, everyone!
My three mice are Daniela, Irene, and Lydia, for those of you who don't know their names.
And I'm wondering if Lydia has a respiratory infection, as she tends to sneeze plenty, I believe. And from what I've read, that's not at all common of mice to just be making noise randomly like that. I'm also wondering if she has mites or allergies...not sure which; as she's been scratching her ears I think to the point of making one of them bleed (I'd originally thought someone beat her up, but I don't really think that anymore). And I also think she has either an abscess, or cancer, as she's gotten a huge lump on her throat pretty recently. What do you guys suppose any of that stuff is, like, do you think my guesses are 'accurate', so to speak?
And Irene... Irene, well, I think she has an upper respiratory infection.. At one point, mainly when she saw me up-close or I had her out, she was clicking her teeth and stuff like that, but she doesn't do that anymore, so I think God healed it mostly if she did have one, and maybe she just has a light one now. Also, I read that those URIs are contagious, so I'm slightly wondering if Daniela got a super, super light one now because of Irene or possibly Lydia. Other than that, I wouldn't have thought Daniela might possibly have one, too. And either Daniela is fat, or she's bloated? As she has a big belly (and no, she's not pregnant for sure). I actually never thought she might be bloated until I started seeing posts on that recently, so she probably really isn't, as she doesn't seem to be in any pain. None of them seem to be, actually, as they're all moving around normally. But if you guys have any thoughts on this, please comment. Smile Thank you!
P.S. Sorry this post is so long; I just want to know what is wrong with Lydia, especially, and possibly the other one or two.

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Problems, Problems :/ Empty Re: Problems, Problems :/

Post by stephlisa Sun 19 Nov 2017, 2:04 am

I don't know what any of it is sadly, but I vote for a vet visit for all of them...

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:52 am

If you suspect any of them have a respiratory infection or an abcess, please take them to see a vet. Call around and see if any near you have any experience treating pet mice or other "pocket" pets. Even a dog/cat vet that's willing to see them is better than nothing. Good luck. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 19 Nov 2017, 1:45 pm

I agree, a visit to the vet is in best interest of your mice.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Sun 19 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm

I suggest setting up a "hospital tank" for them to stay in for a while, and keep it obsessively clean, to help them with the respiratory problems. But, most importantly, it is time for them to see a doctor. Respiratory infections can be treated with antibiotics, and their quality of life will improve as a result. Moving to a hospital tank can help you determine if any allergies are at work.

As for Lydia, lumps and itching are two things that can quickly go from "meh" to bad to worse, and we do not want that to happen -- whether or not any of her symptoms have a common cause.

Remember that it is mouse instinct to try to hide any weaknesses from the outside world, where potential predators could be lurking, waiting to take advantage. By the time you notice that your little mousie is not acting or looking like itself, it may have been feeling unwell for a while. So come to its rescue quickly. Good luck and good health!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute Sun 19 Nov 2017, 2:06 pm

My mouse Grayson did the same thing. I am still trying to cure his itch, due to reacting too late. He is now scratching his neck and ears, and has swollen eyes, but his sneeze subsided. I'd take her to the vet.

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:39 pm

Thanks guys for wanting to help. @MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop, thanks for that info!
To be honest, I'm mostly concerned for Lydia...and mostly the large lump on her throat, more than the other stuff I mentioned. Smile

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down