Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belly problems

2 posters

Go down

Belly problems Empty Belly problems

Post by Roseheart Thu 07 Feb 2019, 10:32 pm

I had fleece in my baby mice cage and now there bellies are swollen so I fear they ate some so I changed the bedding but I don't know how to fix it pls help Worry Worry
Belly problems 20190221
Roseheart
Roseheart
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Mellow

Back to top Go down

Belly problems Empty Re: Belly problems

Post by MouseLover Fri 08 Feb 2019, 7:06 am

Was the fleece actually missing bits that had been eaten? I've had mice fleece but I've never seen them attempt to actually ingest any. Are they pooping normally? How old are they?

There are a few things that could cause a mouse to have a bloated stomach and it might be something easily treated like worms. If you're concerned maybe have a vet look at them?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseheart Fri 08 Feb 2019, 7:56 am

It feels hard and there 4 weeks old and there's no vet near me that deals with mice
Roseheart
Roseheart
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Mellow

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 08 Feb 2019, 1:25 pm

Are they pooping normally? As that would be my biggest concern if they have eaten something they shouldn't. If they aren't pooping, we could be talking about an intestinal blockage of some kind. You didn't say if there is fleece actually missing or what exactly makes you think they ate fleece?

Ideally a vet would take a look at them as unfortunately no one on the forum that I know of is a vet, and even if they were it's really impossible to tell what if anything's wrong without doing a proper examination Worry If they're pooping normally and they appear to be fine, then it's possible they may have an internal parasite. Some pet stores sell small animal spot-ons which will deal with some external and internal parasites, but it's much better if you can get a vet to actually give a diagnosis.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseheart Fri 08 Feb 2019, 9:13 pm

Ok there pooping normally and after a day the bellies started to get softer and I didn't get to look a the fleece as I got rid of it to see if that was the problem and after that they started getting better
Roseheart
Roseheart
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Mellow

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 09 Feb 2019, 6:46 am

Great. Hopefully all is well then Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy