Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Food with cayenne pepper and Pineapple?

4 posters

Go down

Bird Food with cayenne pepper and Pineapple? Empty Bird Food with cayenne pepper and Pineapple?

Post by AmyLynn Sat 12 Jan 2019, 3:53 pm

So, I am always looking for non-corn based food. I noticed that several brands of bird food has just the right amounts of nutrition but some have cayenne pepper in them? Has anyone had any experiences with foods or mixes that includes it? Pineapple as well.... Thanks guys!

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
Does:                             Bucks:                    
Ruby                            Pepper
Princess Fluffles       Stuart
Bianca                         Chestnut
Dottie                          Tiny
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Bird Food with cayenne pepper and Pineapple? Empty Re: Bird Food with cayenne pepper and Pineapple?

Post by MochiMice Wed 16 Jan 2019, 9:03 am

I have tried some similar mix once with my mice, and though it didn't seem to have any adverse effects I would suggest being wary hen you first try it out. I did notice my mice ate much less of it then they did with their old mix, though whether that's due to the cayenne pepper I'm not quite sure.

I'd suggest that you try a small portion with your mice and see how it effects them/how they react?

Milk, Malt, and Muesli c:

LINK // LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MochiMice
MochiMice

Back to top Go down

Bird Food with cayenne pepper and Pineapple? Empty Re: Bird Food with cayenne pepper and Pineapple?

Post by CallaLily Wed 16 Jan 2019, 12:38 pm

Small amounts of dried pineapple is fine. Hot peppers however are not. Look for a mix without them.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Bird Food with cayenne pepper and Pineapple? Empty Pepper mixes very dangerous

Post by Moonsownsister Wed 17 Apr 2019, 10:39 am

Please do not feed any mammal food with spicy peppers. They may get the oils on their paws and faces, and then into their eyes. I know personally of several mice who were blinded this way. Even serving this seed mix taking out the peppers isn’t safe, because the oils have spread around the seeds while in the bag.

Moonsownsister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down