Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mice are not getting along!

2 posters

Go down

My mice are not getting along! Empty My mice are not getting along!

Post by rebecka Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:36 pm

I had two mice , Pipsqueak and Stella, but Stella recently passed away so I wanted to get another friend/s for Pipsqueak. I ended up getting 2 new mice from the same litter to introduce to her. I introduced them on neutral ground and scrubbed Pipsqueaks cage. They seemed to be getting along fine before I put them into the cage but recently I noticed that one of the new mice (Minnie) was not getting along with Pipsqueak and seemed to be bullying her as well as not letting her sleep in the nest. Her sister (Daisy) is getting along fine with Pipsqueak and will sleep with her with no issues. I don’t know if I should separate Minnie from the other two or just wait and see if they get along eventually. I would hate to have to separate Minnie from her sister Daisy but I don’t what else I could do. If anyone could please give me some advice on what to do that would be great! Thank you!
(Also blood has never been drawn but I’m worried that it may lead to that)

rebecka

Back to top Go down

My mice are not getting along! Empty Re: My mice are not getting along!

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:51 pm

It is always difficult to see one get bullied. How about try getting all three out onto neutral territory for some play and then see what happens when you put them back in their home. Or you could try only taking Pipsqueak and Minnie for play and see how that works out. I would think eventually they will all get along, but maybe play outside the cage will help. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted on how things go. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by rebecka Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:54 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:It is always difficult to see one get bullied. How about try getting all three out onto neutral territory for some play and then see what happens when you put them back in their home. Or you could try only taking Pipsqueak and Minnie for play and see how that works out. I would think eventually they will all get along, but maybe play outside the cage will help. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted on how things go. Very Happy
I will try these out and see how it goes! Thank you!

rebecka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 17 Feb 2018, 1:03 pm

rebecka wrote:
Rodents rock! wrote:It is always difficult to see one get bullied. How about try getting all three out onto neutral territory for some play and then see what happens when you put them back in their home. Or you could try only taking Pipsqueak and Minnie for play and see how that works out. I would think eventually they will all get along, but maybe play outside the cage will help. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted on how things go. Very Happy

You're welcome! I hope this solves the problem Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by rebecka Sun 18 Feb 2018, 7:57 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:
rebecka wrote:

You're welcome! I hope this solves the problem Very Happy

Thank you so much! Your advice worked well along with what I also tried (removing the nest she was defending before so they could all build a new, less territorial nest). When I went to go check on them, the two (Minnie and Pipsqueak) were snuggled together and I later then saw them all sleeping together in the new nest Pipsqueak made. Thank you again for the advice! Smile

rebecka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 18 Feb 2018, 8:32 pm

Oh that is so great to hear!!! I'm happy I could help. Good idea about the nest, I hadn't thought of that. I'm so happy to hear they are all sleeping together! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down