Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 55 of 64 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 59 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 55 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Peachy Fri 26 Jan 2018, 11:04 pm

Baby Verity has something going on with her coat. Mom and siblings are broken black, maybe they're weird markings? She's got a couple light grayish spots on her back and a larger area on her tummy. Will have to try to get her out for official pictures!
Random Thoughts - Page 55 20180147
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sun 28 Jan 2018, 6:43 pm

I was rearranging the cage today and I could have sworn I had seen both the mice in a box, so I took their usual hammock out and laid it on the floor and halfway through redesigning I noticed my little Penelope Garcia...crawling around on the carpet. Apparently she had somehow hidden herself between the fleece of the hammock without my noticing.

Luckily she's pretty tame, though. I scooped her up for the first time in a while and put her back in. I've been letting her settle and avoiding stress so I didn't notice but holy cow.

She is one heavy mouse. She's not incredibly fat or anything -- nothing at all like the squishy chub Maier was. She's proportioned just fine, but big and muscular. She feels dense as hell. This mouse has the body of Derek Morgan.

I handed her to my sister for a second and she immediately said "i think this is a hamster." Laughing

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:21 pm

I'm glad you saw her in time and she didn't get away, River!

My syrian hammy, Granite, hasn't forgiven me for cleaning his cage weeks ago. Ever since his cage has been cleaned, he freezes up at the very sight of me, and waits until I'm not looking, then runs and hides.  Sad We're going to have to start taming all over again, cleaning his cage made him lose his trust in me! This is a pic of him from tonight, staring at me, frozen lol. Poor guy!
Random Thoughts - Page 55 Img_0215

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:46 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:I'm glad you saw her in time and she didn't get away, River!

My syrian hammy, Granite, hasn't forgiven me for cleaning his cage weeks ago. Ever since his cage has been cleaned, he freezes up at the very sight of me, and waits until I'm not looking, then runs and hides.  Sad We're going to have to start taming all over again, cleaning his cage made him lose his trust in me! This is a pic of him from tonight, staring at me, frozen lol. Poor guy!
Random Thoughts - Page 55 Img_0215
Oh, that's a bummer when stuff like that happens! Undecided

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:48 pm

Hey, did you guys know--speaking from experience--that if you can't yet tell your mice are males or females (like if checking underneath the tail isn't obvious right then), then you can lift them up to your nose and smell them? The male mice stink a little bit, and the females--by themselves--don't have any known odor! Smile At least, that's what I've found..

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 03 Feb 2018, 9:32 pm

@Blessed - I've never had any doubts whether my mice were male or female, but if I did I think I'd rather check by looking under the tail, it's a more sure way to tell. It's quite easy to tell if you have a male as long as he's mature.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sat 03 Feb 2018, 9:54 pm

Oh, I was just throwing that out there for anyone who weren't sure...like if their male's (what I like to call)> 'balls' weren't out (since I read they can 'shrink' back inside the mouse's body). Smile

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 03 Feb 2018, 10:04 pm

Sniffing your mouse's genitals is one of the most interesting sexing ideas I've ever seen! Laughing Checking for a vaginal opening is actually very simple. I don't know why people don't try it more often.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sat 03 Feb 2018, 11:45 pm

Agh... lol! Razz Hmm. Not sure I heard of doing it that way,^ Peachy. =)

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 04 Feb 2018, 9:42 am

From our Sexing Mice page,

Below are pictures of 2 adult mice, one buck and one doe. You will notice that there is a larger gap between the anus and penile shaft of the buck than that between the anus and vagina of the doe. The distance between the anus and genitals is called the "anogenital distance." You will also notice that the female has a Vaginal Orifice, whereas the buck does not. Checking for the Vaginal Orifice, or lack there of, is the best method of sexing possible.
Random Thoughts - Page 55 Adultl10
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 04 Feb 2018, 7:35 pm

Ugh, I ordered the hamster a wheel from Amazon. It was supposed to be "Used - Like New" but it's actually badly cracked and missing a very essential piece. How does Amazon not realize that? Why on earth would anyone want that? Scratch
She has a wheel already, but she builds her nests around it. I figured with two she could choose her favorite and... hopefully not nest around it. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sun 04 Feb 2018, 11:41 pm

The sore on Grahams back has been healing nicely, but she's got another scab beneath the fur near it and the ear only gets worse. Scratching is a nasty thing. My cuddly heart mouse has grown to dislike me, as I disrupt her scratching and put nasty creams on her. She runs away now, and treats don't dissuade her.

But I finally found a vet I think I trust! Out of 117 reviews, only 5 were remotely negative. They're known around to rescue stray animals. I'm calling in tomorrow about appointments and all that jazz. The staff was very nice last time we spoke, so I have high hopes. I'm lucky I'm in Florida, most the vets around here are exotic.

Wish us luck! Hopefully there's something we can do about this.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 05 Feb 2018, 9:46 am

Peachy wrote:Ugh, I ordered the hamster a wheel from Amazon. It was supposed to be "Used - Like New" but it's actually badly cracked and missing a very essential piece. How does Amazon not realize that? Why on earth would anyone want that? Scratch
She has a wheel already, but she builds her nests around it. I figured with two she could choose her favorite and... hopefully not nest around it. Laughing

That sucks. Can you return it?

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 05 Feb 2018, 7:43 pm

Peachy wrote:Ugh, I ordered the hamster a wheel from Amazon. It was supposed to be "Used - Like New" but it's actually badly cracked and missing a very essential piece. How does Amazon not realize that? Why on earth would anyone want that? Scratch

Hopefully you can return it with no return shipping charges.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 05 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm

I do plan on returning it tomorrow, I'm just kind of perplexed. It'll be a dollar off the refund because I don't have a printer to print the label.
They left the wheel it in its last beat up shipping box, it still had the original address on it (it went to Pennsylvania before me), and just stuck it in a bigger box to send to me. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 64 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 59 ... 64  Next