Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing today?

+30
GGMouseCare
Drago
PastelMouse
Rodents rock!
Cal
Plapatin
maygins
Asteria
CanadianExport
Misha_usa
Blackthorns
Nestmouse
olimarthemouse
lupus_corde
stephlisa
River
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonONIagent
MouseLover
CallaLily
AppleCheeks
Brynne
CinnamonPearl
Artistwolf
GabbiLuvsMice
MesaMouse
Soren
scaredymouse
EverythingAnimal
Peachy
34 posters

Page 25 of 45 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35 ... 45  Next

Go down

What are you doing today? - Page 25 Empty Re: What are you doing today?

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 16 Dec 2016, 5:55 am

Today I'm leaving to pick up my new girls tomorrow! WOOHOOOO! My mom and I are gonna stay overnight in the city and leave to meet the breeder the next morning. Very Happy

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 16 Dec 2016, 9:28 am

That's so exciting!!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 16 Dec 2016, 9:41 am

scaredymouse wrote:Do you have an unfinished basement? Those freak me out. We have a mostly finished basement, like it's got carpet and drywall but a naked ceiling, so you can see wood and wires. I hate the idea that there could be a giant spider up there that could drop on my head at any moment Sad
At the bottom of the stairs the basement splits off into two rooms... one is unfinished and the other has drywall and a low foam tile ceiling (that my cat likes to climb around in... until he suddenly just falls through Bonk). There's one tiny room that has carpet and wood paneling over cinder blocks. But my basment floods, so we only really use it for laundry and storage. Every time I go down there I can't wait to run back up the stairs. I just don't like basements. Laughing

Can't wait to meet your girls, CinnamonPearl! Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 16 Dec 2016, 7:43 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Do you have an unfinished basement?  Those freak me out.  We have a mostly finished basement, like it's got carpet and drywall but a naked ceiling, so you can see wood and wires.  I hate the idea that there could be a giant spider up there that could drop on my head at any moment Sad

Oh, yes! The fear of any size spider dropping on me is enough to send my heart rate and blood pressure soaring! When I lived with my grandmother in my teens, we had an unfinished basement where the washing machine lived -- there were always cobwebs down there on the beams and even above the wooden steps leading into the basement. I absolutely dreaded having to go down there to put the wash in or, even worse, hang it up in the cellar during winter months when it was too cold to hang it outside. Aughhh, just remembering is giving me the willies!

On a cheerier note, now that Bochy (Miss Pussens) appears to be on the mend, I went ahead and ordered that scratching post/hammock from Petco this morning. I added a jar of freeze-dried mealworms, crickets and grasshoppers for Imogene and the hermit crabs to share and a large cuttlebone for the crabs. Everything was on sale and there was free shipping! However, when I got to the "review order" stage, the shipping charge was still there so I summoned up the online chat and got a very nice agent, Gerald, to help. He said that the scratching post exceeded the size and weight limit for free shipping. I explained that I've placed orders that were larger and heavier (that enormous and heavy bag of aspen that was the size of a quarter hay bale) and still got free shipping on those orders. Gerald was very obliging and removed the shipping charges for "a valued customer." The scratching post may not get here before Christmas as it may not be coming from Petco's California warehouse but, as Bochy doesn't know that "Sandy Claws" is bringing it, she won't mind a late arrival Haha .

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sat 17 Dec 2016, 4:15 pm

Looking longingly at the 14 mice at my local humane society. Guessing it was an accidental litter. Feeling a little sad/lonely today. They haven't got an all black guy though.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 18 Dec 2016, 6:14 am

Merry Christmas Bochy, hope you enjoy your new scratching post! You should see if your mom has a towel or pillowcase she can put on the hammock, so in case you barf, you won't ruin your present

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Merry Christmas Bochy, hope you enjoy your new scratching post!  You should see if your mom has a towel or pillowcase she can put on the hammock, so in case you barf, you won't ruin your present

Laughing Laughing but knock on wood! We're into Day 5 with no diarrhea or vomiting so I'm going to get the steamer out today and start to tackle the carpet in Imogene's room first as it was the primary target of Bochy's loose bowels. Poor ham has had to deal with not only the diarrhea odor but with the Woolite/Oxyclean spray I used to get up the worst of the spots and now with the carpet cleaner smells (light and pleasant but not anything she needs to be breathing in) -- it's a good thing that she burrows to sleep and packs bedding all round her to block light and, hopefully, smells!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 18 Dec 2016, 11:30 pm

My guinea pig had a vet visit this afternoon because his eye got all cloudy. Didn't seem to bother him but the last time we put off having an eye issue checked out they had to remove it. Thankfully it just needed cleaned out, and we got some eye drops. But oh man, eye drops. My eyes water just thinking about it. Laughing My poor piggy boy.

Did a bit of Christmas shopping for the kids in the family, too. And my Yoshi-boo got some baby foo...d. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:46 am

How did I miss/forget that you had a guinea pig? Heart I hope his eye is doing better.

Started making cookies today. Glazed Anise and Shortbread today. Do any of you bake holiday cookies? If so, what kinds?

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 21 Dec 2016, 12:34 pm

He's still pretty new, and he doesn't have a name yet. We've just been calling him Mr. Piggy. Razz

I haven't baked this year because we still don't have an oven, but last year I was all about baking. lol We like to cut out sugar cookies and then decorate them with colored frosting. Smile

I have an interview for my internship next semester. Squee. I gotta figure out how to get wrinkles out of dress pants without an iron or a dryer. Scratch

Last edited by Peachy on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 21 Dec 2016, 12:35 pm

Hang them in a steamy bathroom?

Tomorrow I'm doing my paternal Gran's version of sugar cookies. Pain in the butt but most requested by my family - on both sides. Don't tell but I honestly don't even reall like them. Ssshhh. Paper Bag

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 21 Dec 2016, 1:12 pm

Ooh, bathroom worked okay. They're not perfect, but they're fitted enough to look better than they did. Yay! My graduation gown was wrinkled and we borrowed a steam thing from the neighbor, but it stained it. Eek.

I don't really like sugar cookies, just decorating them. lol My favorite treats are the chocolate covered saltine cracker things.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 21 Dec 2016, 2:03 pm

Sugar cookies are my husbands favorite, but I don't really like them either and they are so labor intensive! But, once a year I just make the cookies for my husband. And he only eats a normal amount of them, so I end up throwing most of them away since it's just the two of us. *Sigh*

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 21 Dec 2016, 3:28 pm

I LOOOOOOOVE sugar cookies!! And so does Annie, apparently. My sister made some earlier and she won't stop licking my fingers!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 21 Dec 2016, 5:32 pm

Not for holidays, but we used a South African recipe to make 5 pounds of "Cookimatic" biscuits. They're really good and pretty. They've got desiccated coconut in them and they have those bright green glassy cherry things in the center of the flower shape.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 45 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35 ... 45  Next