Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedding

2 posters

Go down

Bedding Empty Bedding

Post by pattgal Mon 28 May 2018, 9:10 am

So I got a bunch of shavings from the carpentry shop at work, there is no Cedar but I find it dusty. Alternatively I have Some Boxboard soft litter left over from the bunny we rehomed and Some Yesterdays news. The boxboard soft litter is a bit expensive, Is yesterdays news an acceptable alternative in a bind?
pattgal
pattgal
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Creative

Back to top Go down

Bedding Empty Re: Bedding

Post by CallaLily Mon 28 May 2018, 9:43 am

I believe the Yesterdays News is safe. It’s paper based right? As long as it’s unscented of course.

I would skip the shavings if they’re dusty and you’re not 100% sure on what type of wood they’re from. Honestly with mice I prefer to skip wood based beddings entirely. I found many of mine would get weepy eyes when I tried aspen bedding and it’s supposedly the safest choice of wood based bedding.

What is the boxboard soft litter? Cardboard?

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by pattgal Mon 28 May 2018, 9:50 am

CallaLily wrote:I believe the Yesterdays News is safe.  It’s paper based right?  As long as it’s unscented of course.

I would skip the shavings if they’re dusty and you’re not 100% sure on what type of wood they’re from. Honestly with mice I prefer to skip wood based beddings entirely. I found many of mine would get weepy eyes when I tried aspen bedding and it’s supposedly the safest choice of wood based bedding.

What is the boxboard soft litter?  Cardboard?

the Boxboard is basically cardboard recycled and crushed into a fluffy unscented bedding with no dyes. Its not supper fuzzy but there is no dust involved and is very absorbant.
Yesterdays news is kitty litter from recycled newspaper formed into pellets.
I might try and take the shavings outside and shake it through a colander to keep the better parts of it
pattgal
pattgal
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 28 May 2018, 10:08 am

Boxboard would be safe too. I don’t think they sell bedding like that here. I pretty much only see paper (like carefresh) and wood shavings.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by pattgal Mon 28 May 2018, 10:12 am

CallaLily wrote:Boxboard would be safe too. I don’t think they sell bedding like that here. I pretty much only see paper (like carefresh) and wood shavings.

They have some bleached versions and multi color. I think its overkill lol. It would be like buying pink toilet paper haha. Just why??
pattgal
pattgal
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down