Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can mice eat these

4 posters

Go down

can mice eat these Empty can mice eat these

Post by tish982 Mon 14 Jan 2019, 8:21 am

Can my new mice eat whimzee ' s dog bones? Cat treats like greenies chicken or tuna, or temptations treats by whiskas? 1 more question can they have baby Gerber puffs? My hamster loves his Gerber puffs and whimzee bones.

tish982
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

can mice eat these Empty Re: can mice eat these

Post by CallaLily Wed 16 Jan 2019, 1:19 pm

Whimzees are ok as an occasional chew, pretty similar to how it’s recommended for hamsters (not too often, remove if they try to gobble it all up too fast). I can’t remember for sure what it was with Greenies but I remember deciding to skip those and just stick with the occasional whimzee instead. I think whimzees have much simpler ingredients...?

I would skip the Temptations too. Pretty junky treat, IMO.

Gerber Puffs are usually fine and liked as a treat, just double check ingredients to be sure.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

can mice eat these Empty Baby Puffs

Post by AmyLynn Tue 22 Jan 2019, 3:50 pm

My mice LOVE toddler/baby puffs. They like the Little Duck I Love Puffs the best. They have lots of real fruit and vegetable in them. I have also used Happy Baby. My mice eat 2 puffs a day. One for "afternoon treat" and one for "bedtime snack" I never want to give too much for their little mouse bellies. Some brands of puffs do have added probiotics. I never give them more than one that include the probiotics each day and i have never had any problems with any of my 10 mice. My mice did not like the Gerber ones as much...but that may be their preference. Plus they include added sugar. Plums is also taste and my mice like them but I use them only if I cant find the others since they also have added sugar. There are many other brands that I have not tried. I just steer away from added sugar.

Last edited by AmyLynn on Tue 22 Jan 2019, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo and added info)

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
Does:                             Bucks:                    
Ruby                            Pepper
Princess Fluffles       Stuart
Bianca                         Chestnut
Dottie                          Tiny
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 23 Jan 2019, 5:27 am

I'm not sure what some of those treats are, but whimzees are certainly safe. If your mice were always eating the whimzee instead of their food, I'd start to be concerned as whimzees aren't nutritious. But they're certainly safe as a chew toy that gets worked on slowly over time.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down