Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amigurumi Mice!

+5
essentiallysue
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amigurumi Mice! Empty Amigurumi Mice!

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 26 Jun 2016, 10:49 pm

So I can't remember whether I've mentioned this or not, but for the past year or so I've really wanted to get into crochet. Well, last month or so, I found out that one of my friends is a crochet expert, so she taught me how! It was hard at first, especially frigging magic circles, but I've finally gotten the hang of it. And since I'm a lover of all things cute, I pretty much immediately took to amigurumi, and my favorite thing to make now are amigurumi mice! And since I happen to know a bunch of people who like mice, I thought I'd show you guys the little fellas I've made.

Amigurumi Mice! D_ange12

This is the first one I made, named D'Angelou the liberal Republican by one of my acquaintances. I messed up with the eyes and ears and the tail is a bit wonky, but I think he otherwise came out alright for a first try! (Just don't ask him his opinions on immigration.)

Amigurumi Mice! Goose14

This is the second one I made. I think he's a big improvement. I never properly named him, but I accidentally started calling him Goose! Hope you don't mind, Scaredy. Smile

Amigurumi Mice! Maggie12

The fourth one I made! Her name's Maggie. For some reason, she came out way smaller than the first three, even though I didn't do anything different? Kinda weird. Might just be the yarn though. I especially like the way her face came out!

Amigurumi Mice! Valent12

And the last one, who I made earlier tonight. I call him Valentino. He was pretty much me experimenting with using a different color for the ears. Came out okay, but he looks messy on the bottom from when I sewed the ears on. Tricky tricky. This pattern just isn't meant for dual colors, which is a shame, cause I still wanna make my broken ladies in yarn form! (Look at Little Cow's tail on the bottom. She was trying to ruin my photo shoot the entire time I was taking these!)

That's all of them! There is also Jessica, who's light pink with a brown nose, but I gave her to my sister, so I don't have her on hand. I kinda wanna open an etsy shop to sell these someday, or start a project where I recreate all my girls in yarn form. Egg, Rosie, and Lilith would be easy, but Mabel and Cow would require some complicated patterns to nail the broken look. But yeah, I hope you guys enjoyed my cute mice!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Amigurumi Mice! Empty Re: Amigurumi Mice!

Post by Peachy Sun 26 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm

Cute! I taught myself with a book. Razz I have so many amigurumi to-do's, they're so much fun. Thank goodness I know a bunch of young kids, I can just give them all away. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 26 Jun 2016, 11:49 pm

Aww, they're so adorable!! I found a super awesome mouse knitting pattern, I just am not into knitting at the moment Razz I could never understand crocheting!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 26 Jun 2016, 11:52 pm

Is it crocheting in circles that got you? It's difficult to do at first (I totally messed it up my first try) but it becomes easier with practice. I've heard most people say it's easier than knitting but uses more yarn.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 26 Jun 2016, 11:53 pm

I couldn't even figure out past chain stitch or whatever it's called Laughing
I'm so used to two needles that one needle seems like a ridiculous idea. To me, knitting is way easier—once you know a basic stitch, you can do practically anything!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 26 Jun 2016, 11:56 pm

Aww, really? Well once you chain, all you have to do is turn around and make single crochet stitches into all the chain stitches, and keep going to make a square. But, uh, that very poor explanation was probably no help. Laughing

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 27 Jun 2016, 1:09 am

Cute. And Goose loves attention, so he would be pleased that you used his name. I feel like i could maybe even crochet something like that!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 27 Jun 2016, 1:11 am

I could send you the pattern I use if you want! I have a PDF of it. Boy, I had no idea there were people into crochet on this forum. ^.^

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 27 Jun 2016, 1:21 am

yeah, send it!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue Mon 27 Jun 2016, 7:02 am

The mice are adorable!! I crochet, but I don't know how to do that. I would like the pattern too. Or better yet, I would like the ones you did!! Yeah.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:50 am

Too cute! I love crafting, though never thought to try crochet Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:00 am

I'll email it to you when I'm on my computer Scaredy. Essentiallysue, do you wanna PM me your email? I'll be able to send it then. I don't really know another way to send PDFs via the forum.

Last edited by CinnamonPearl on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced comma with period)

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:58 am

Cute!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 27 Jun 2016, 1:16 pm

AHHHH!! They're so cute!!
I may have just forced my partner to come and look...Very Happy

I love crochet, but I get frustrated with amigurumi...I have a problem with crocheting (and knitting) with too tight a tension...I'm trying very hard to loosen it Razz

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 27 Jun 2016, 1:23 pm

Thank you! I had that same problem when I first started, but I got better at it once I learned to hold the yarn nice and loose.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next