Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

behold, the critter room

+8
Peachy
AnonymousMouseOwner
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
MouseLover
Rodents rock!
Artistwolf
scaredymouse
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

behold, the critter room Empty behold, the critter room

Post by scaredymouse Sat 02 Jul 2016, 8:33 pm

There are a lot of animals in here.  I got a chair today, so i'm no longer sitting on the floor.  There used to be a bed in here but I had to get rid of it so I could fit more critters in here.  It's my favorite room Smile  The pictures are in order, sort of a panoramic view.  The last picture is what I saw after I took my last picture... someone heard me in here and wanted to say hi Smile

I feel bad, everyone has big tanks except my little foster mouse... he's in a 10g... which is perfectly adequate, but he's gonna think I love him less Sad

behold, the critter room Wp_20206

behold, the critter room Wp_20207

behold, the critter room Wp_20208

behold, the critter room Wp_20209

cute little Jellybean on the coconut!  hi mom!

behold, the critter room Wp_20210
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

behold, the critter room Empty Re: behold, the critter room

Post by Artistwolf Sat 02 Jul 2016, 9:02 pm

Ooh, that's awesome! Where are the chinchillas?

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 02 Jul 2016, 9:20 pm

That is really nice. Thanks for sharing. And Jellybean is a cutie!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 02 Jul 2016, 9:22 pm

Shocked It looks like heaven Love so many critters! I am officially jealous!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 02 Jul 2016, 10:16 pm

Nice! Super jealous here. Day Dream

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 02 Jul 2016, 10:17 pm

The chinchillas have their own room Smile Our house is waaaay too big for me and my husband. So the chins are in a really big cage in their own room so I can let them run around free range sometimes. They also have a TV, because they are really smart and need a lot of stimulation. I put our spare bed in that room, so that will be where I take my naps. Would you believe that they like to watch me sleep, just like we like to watch them sleep. I slept in there the first night and every time I woke up, they were staring at me!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 02 Jul 2016, 10:24 pm

How funny. I think I'd have trouble sleeping though, being watched. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sat 02 Jul 2016, 10:36 pm

AMAZING! I'm so jealous. If I ever had a lot of critters, I'd totally do something similar. Though with me, I like to keep things minimal. I especially love how everyone's tank is labeled.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 02 Jul 2016, 11:00 pm

Yeah, it's a lot of critters. As you can see, I'm at maximum capacity! I'm glad I sticky notes on everyone, it's impossible to keep track of birthdays. But at least I can remember everyone's names.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sat 02 Jul 2016, 11:38 pm

Scaredy, I gotta ask. How do you do it? Like with me, I'm already feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of having two 10gal tanks, but you've got over five of the big ones! It would just be so daunting to me!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 03 Jul 2016, 12:11 am

Wow, that is amazing! I love it! I'm jealous of your play area, I wish I had room to set up a kiddie pool like that! Awesome!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 03 Jul 2016, 12:20 am

What an awesome room! Your dedication to so many pets is incredible... the most cages I've had was 11 (or 12?), and it made me super bonkers. Silly

I've thought about moving everyone into Anna's room... it'd be so nice to have a corner dedicated to the mice. I'm down to three cages now, and ready to get rid of some of their unused stuff, so hopefully I'll feel less cluttered soon. Can't wait! lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 03 Jul 2016, 1:30 am

I am currently managing 7 tanks, 2 cats, and a chinchilla cage. The cats need the sandbox cleaned daily and fed twice a day. The chins need their poops swept up daily. But the tanks aren't that big of a deal. I have 3 tanks with mice which need to be cleaned weekly. But the hams only get cleaned every 3 weeks.

So other than the animals with the daily maintenance, I spend about 4 hours once a week cleaning mice and spot cleaning hams. Then I have one really horrible day every 3 weeks cleaning everyone. It's really not that much work. I have a routine and it goes pretty quick.

And if I don't have the time to really spend with everyone, I have found a way to entertain many solitary animals at once. I can put a ham in the ball, let one run free range, put one in the playground and hold a boy mouse at the same time. Everyone has fun and it doesn't take me all night to play. My numbers increased pretty slowly, so I had time to get used to the extra workload. And then there was a point where you just go into the zone. Like when I agreed to foster Andy, at this point, adding a 10 gallon tank doesn't change my life.

It makes me happy to provide sanctuary to all these critters, even though it is a lot of work. Almost all of them are rescues or have medical conditions or behavioral issues. So, I had to put a lot of work into taming them all and gaining trust. When they are happy, I'm happy. So, cleaning tanks is lame but also really rewarding when you see how happy they are afterward.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus_corde Sun 03 Jul 2016, 4:49 am

aww, what a fantastic room! I love it Smile

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 03 Jul 2016, 7:42 am

Random question - do chinchillas make any noises at all?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next