Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critter Nation cage

2 posters

Go down

Critter Nation cage Empty Critter Nation cage

Post by CanadianExport Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:25 am

I was wondering if anyone has ever modified a critter nation cage to work for mice? I know the bar spacing is too wide and you would need to mesh it, plus creating some kind of pan for substrate at the bottom. I was just wondering anyone has actually ever done it. I know it would also depend on the mice you have and how you set it up as to whether they would be comfortable in something so huge.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Critter Nation cage Empty Re: Critter Nation cage

Post by scaredymouse Tue 18 Oct 2016, 12:46 am

I don't know of anyone who has done that. It seems like an awful lot of work for something you don't even know if they will like. I have a critter nation for my chinchillas, and I wouldn't recommend it for mice. That said, if it was something that you were planning on doing anyway, I will tell you that they make Bass pans that are stainless steel with 2" sides all the way around to hold litter for other critters the cages are intended for, so that would solve your problem for holding substrate.

http://www.bassequipment.com/foundations/store/scresults.asp?category=245*Critter_Nation_Replacement_Pans

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Tue 18 Oct 2016, 4:35 pm

Thanks for the info scaredymouse. I am just exploring ideas as I will not be changing cages for a few months since I will be moving in December.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down