Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found a use for these Critter Trails

2 posters

Go down

Found a use for these Critter Trails Empty Found a use for these Critter Trails

Post by SarahAdams Sat 24 Oct 2020, 2:22 pm

I hated seeing these nearly-new cages wasted so I took them apart, flattened the front section with the door, took off the mesh from the fronts of the bin cages, and replaced them with the grill.

Now I don't have to lift and set aside the large bin covers every time I want to get the mice out, change food, water etc. Also, swooping in on the mice from above didn't seem the best way to get them out. Now they can again come out on their own and seem happy to have their doors back.

Found a use for these Critter Trails Po5pCus

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Found a use for these Critter Trails Empty Re: Found a use for these Critter Trails

Post by chiroptera Mon 26 Oct 2020, 12:29 am

I did the same thing with my first bin! Although I only had the door part, so it ended up being a bit difficult for me to open due to how the door worked on the original cage.

It was definitely nice being able to get them out that way, though! My girls' bin has a sliding door on it now, though I still tend to use the top, as it ends up being more convenient to get to things. (And doesn't cause bedding to escape...)

I enjoy having the option, though! And yours looks great. I'm sure the mousies will appreciate it. c:

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Found a use for these Critter Trails Empty Re: Found a use for these Critter Trails

Post by SarahAdams Mon 26 Oct 2020, 6:29 pm

I saw someone on YT who made a sliding door for a bin cage. Very cool.

The doors are high enough so that no bedding or food can be kicked out. Yes, I still need to lift the lid for certain things, like major cleaning, but it's nice not to have to remove these big lids with their dangling toys, sputniks, and tubes, for every single thing I want to do like replenishing food bowls, refilling water bottles, or even scattering food for foraging. My stinky boys do seem to prefer leaving and entering the cages under their own mouse-power. Laughing

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down