Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemade mouse diet proportions

2 posters

Go down

Homemade mouse diet proportions  Empty Homemade mouse diet proportions

Post by kyara_cresci Fri 02 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm

So when I first got my mouse I noticed that where I live there’s no actual mouse food, only hamster food. I decided I wanted to create my own mouse mix after doing my own research. So i’ll Type in the list:
-Oats
-Barley
-Wheat
-Rice puffs
-Uncooked pasta
-Flax seeds
-Sunflower seeds
-Pumpkin seeds
-Sesame seeds
-Split peas
-Rye
-Canary grass(?) seeds
-Millet
-Quinoa
-Dried Cranberries

I think I got everything. I also used to have plain Cheerios and cat food to the mix but my vet advised to remove those ingredients. Anyways i would like to know if this is ok and what proportions should be good? I think my mix is around 1/3 Oats and barley 1/3 of all the bird seeds and 1/3 of the rest. Using a small amount of the sunflower seeds and cranberries Smile

kyara_cresci
kyara_cresci

Back to top Go down

Homemade mouse diet proportions  Empty Re: Homemade mouse diet proportions

Post by Robin~ Sat 03 Aug 2019, 3:04 pm

Have you tried looking for parakeet food? That can also make for a great diet Smile

As for proportions, you would have to know the GA to do that. Here's a calculator (doesn't work on mobile--it's within the topic. Disregard all the hamster stuff haha) :
http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/102287-hamster-nutrition-iii-calculating-the-guaranteed-analysis-of-a-mixed-diet/page-1

And here's a site I like to use to find the GA:
https://nutritiondata.self.com

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down