Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are my mice sick or pregnant?

2 posters

Go down

Are my mice sick or pregnant? Empty Are my mice sick or pregnant?

Post by Ssmousy Tue 10 Sep 2019, 6:05 pm

Hello, this is my first post. I got three mice from a pet store was told they were all female one turned out to be male. As soon as I figured it out I separated him. Since then the female mice don’t really come out of the house much. For the first couple hours they ran around and played. Then went in the house and only come out for a little food and water. Cool I might be sick, or are they just pregnant? Neither show any visible signs of pregnancy as of yet. Additional note I’ve had them for about a month. Thanks for your help in advance!
Ssmousy
Ssmousy

Back to top Go down

Are my mice sick or pregnant? Empty Re: Are my mice sick or pregnant?

Post by Robin~ Tue 10 Sep 2019, 9:25 pm

I would try to weigh your girls every few days to see if there’s a lot of weight gain/loss. That’s usually a good sign of illness/pregnancy. Pregnant mice tend to get a pear-like shape to their abdomen, so keep an eye out for that.

I personally find my girls don’t like to come out until the room is pretty dark; perhaps that’s having an impact on their activity? Other than that I’m not sure....

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmousy Wed 11 Sep 2019, 6:30 am

So I weighed them this morning. They were both around 28g. Also when I came to check on them this morning they were both out eating and scavenging.. so it maybe a light issue. I will weigh them again in a day or two. Thanks so much for your help!!
Ssmousy
Ssmousy

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Wed 11 Sep 2019, 6:31 am

Ssmousy wrote:So I weighed them this morning. They were both around 28g. Also when I came to check on them this morning they were both out eating and  scavenging.. so it maybe a light issue. I will weigh them again in a day or two. Thanks so much for your help!!

Sounds like a pretty normal weight so far to me. Hope all goes wells for your girls either way Smile
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down