Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chattering teeth

3 posters

Go down

Chattering teeth Empty Chattering teeth

Post by Denimoore808 Thu 22 Apr 2021, 4:12 am

Hello everyone!
I have recently been noticing one of my female mice chattering her teeth. She's honestly probably a little over weight but as far as I can tell she's overall healthy. She doesn't do it all the time but she's done it a handful of times now over the past week and its to the point where I'm getting a worried. It's so loud I can hear it the minute I pick her up. Is this a normal mouse behavior? Is it something I should be concerned about and take her to the vet? Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thank for your time everyone.

Denimoore808

Back to top Go down

Chattering teeth Empty Re: Chattering teeth

Post by River Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:24 pm

Chattering noises can be from a URI or a vocalization. Most mice are completely silent, so URI's are more common. Smile
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Denimoore808 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaTheCabbage Thu 22 Apr 2021, 11:56 pm

Mice are very good at hiding symptoms. Could be respitory. Have you noticed any squeaking-like sounds (kind of like a mouse marking) or her sneezing a lot? If so you should probably get her seen by a vet. Although make sure they are good with small animals. My vet said they saw mice although found out later on Mine were the only mice they ever saw and their meds were 10x weaker than they should’ve been. Respitory progresses fast. My mice had it (I’m very new to mice). Most of them died but I’m currently treating the last with antibiotics and she’s holding on. I’d suggest you may want to look into getting some antibiotics online just incase (if you don’t wanna take her to vet). You can get enrofloxcine and doxycycline online at bird stores. Each container is about $10-20 each. And doses are around 5-10mg/kg every 12hours for at least 3 weeks.
Do you have a vid we could look at?

EmmaTheCabbage

Denimoore808 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Denimoore808 Mon 26 Apr 2021, 6:15 pm

EmmaTheCabbage wrote:Mice are very good at hiding symptoms. Could be respitory. Have you noticed any squeaking-like sounds (kind of like a mouse marking) or her sneezing a lot? If so you should probably get her seen by a vet. Although make sure they are good with small animals. My vet said they saw mice although found out later on Mine were the only mice they ever saw and their meds were 10x weaker than they should’ve been. Respitory progresses fast. My mice had it (I’m very new to mice). Most of them died but I’m currently treating the last with antibiotics and she’s holding on. I’d suggest you may want to look into getting some antibiotics online just incase (if you don’t wanna take her to vet). You can get enrofloxcine and doxycycline online at bird stores. Each container is about $10-20 each. And doses are around 5-10mg/kg every 12hours for at least 3 weeks.
Do you have a vid we could look at?

I don't have a video of her chattering. And she has since stopped. However, one of her sisters has started a new thing now just recently and I would describe it best as chirping. She has never done this before and the best way I can describe it further is she's vocalizing from her chest. Its not her normal squeak and I just don't know what to think about it. I will make an appointment for all my girls to be seen to rule out any issues. I will also try post a video of my new girl chirping.

Denimoore808

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down