Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild mouse in my unit

2 posters

Go down

Wild mouse in my unit Empty Wild mouse in my unit

Post by git_mcgee Sun 06 Jun 2021, 3:06 am

Hello all, I understand this is not exactly the normal around here as this is a forums about pet mice but since you guys know all about mice I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I live in Australia and we currently have apparently the worst mouse plague ever recorded with over 2.5 billion mice and now I live in units further down south and I heard a scratchy noise in my kitchen about 2am and I was like what the hell is that, I went out and no sign of anything so I went back to bed and when I woke up in the morning there was mouse dropping all over my kitchen bench around my microwave and on the sink. I am getting a little paranoid as I do not want to be the one responsible for a mini mouse plague in these unit complexes and so I was wondering what I should do. I am curious if its just one mouse and will leave on its own or if its a family trying to take over. I don't really want too use poison as it might kill other animals and people have a lot of pet dogs and cats around here and traps are messy and I am really hoping it will just leave and never come back I haven't heard him for 2 nights now but I think he's taken camp in here before.

git_mcgee

Back to top Go down

Wild mouse in my unit Empty Re: Wild mouse in my unit

Post by CuriousWhiskers Sun 20 Jun 2021, 8:01 am

My suggestion would be to set up a live catch trap where you saw the droppings, and take the mouse out somewhere where there aren't many houses and release it. I don't know how doable this is for you. Oh, and after you catch it(if you decide to do that), you should probably leave the trap out for a few more days, in case of other mice.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Curious

Back to top Go down