Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with antibiotics

4 posters

Go down

Help with antibiotics Empty Help with antibiotics

Post by Mouse_mom Mon 21 Sep 2020, 3:45 pm

I know someone just posted about how to administer antibiotics, but for some reason every time I click the link my computer glitches and says there's an error loading the page Rolling Eyes
My mouse Betty has a URI and I was given a round of baytril to be administered 2 times a day for 14 days. It comes out of the syringe so fast, I accidentally squeezed a good bit of it into my hand trying to figure it out. (thankfully they said they gave me more than enough.) Since she only needs 0.01 Milliliters per dose would it be okay to just squeeze the baytril into my hand and let her lick it off? I'm already afraid I gave her too much, and I'm terrified of causing an overdose. What's the best way to help Betty get better? SOS!
Mouse_mom
Mouse_mom

Back to top Go down

Help with antibiotics Empty Re: Help with antibiotics

Post by L0rd-sesshomaru Tue 22 Sep 2020, 1:38 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Betty! But i'm glad you were able to get her anti-biotics Smile

Yes, giving them medicine can be tricky! You're not alone haha. When we had to give our boy Hemmy antibiotics we would apply it to his oat and he would just eat the oat without even thinking about it! Many folks recommended applying it to their favorite treat, which worked for us Smile

When we took him for his follow up visit, he was cleared!
L0rd-sesshomaru
L0rd-sesshomaru

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahAdams Tue 22 Sep 2020, 9:55 pm

When I had to give Baytril to one of my rats, the vet gave the cherry-flavoured kind and my rat took it directly from the syringe. With something as tiny as a mouse, letting her lick it off your hand - if she will take it that way - sounds fine. As long as you get it down her! Good luck and hope Betty feels better soon! Smile

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse_mom Tue 06 Oct 2020, 9:00 pm

I never got around to saying thank you for everyone's help! We have finished the antibiotics and Betty seems A-Okay!
Mouse_mom
Mouse_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyLynn Wed 14 Oct 2020, 11:24 am

So glad to hear that.
AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down