Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol

+12
CanadianExport
MesaMouse
Mouseketeers
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
MooMouse
River
CallaLily
Bandit Cat
maygins
AnonymousMouseOwner
Peachy
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Empty Re: The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol

Post by Mouseketeers Tue 11 Oct 2016, 6:57 pm

Hehe, if only I could send you some of mine xD Hands down one of my favourite colours.
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Empty Re: The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol

Post by Peachy Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:11 pm

Squee, that'd be the best. Love

CanadianExport, my boy Yoshi turned into the best mouse, but when I first got him he leaped out of my hands and landed in a shoe! Laughing I hope your girl will settle down for you soon.

Earlier I caught her sleeping in a hammock. Hooray! I threw out my bin cage so all I had for quarantine was an old CritterTrail-like cage. It's terrible for pictures. Tearful
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:22 pm

the eye closing is so cute!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 12 Oct 2016, 9:09 am

SO CUTE!!!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Wed 12 Oct 2016, 5:23 pm

In my pet stores here you rarely get anything beyond black, agoutti, or PEW. I got my satin yellow and my black fox from a local breeder i found on Craigslist.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 14 Oct 2016, 10:25 pm

Hahaha, I wonder if she might actually be brindle. She's got a couple dark spots I didn't notice before. Oh well, she's cute. Not as jumpy as I thought either, tonight was our first session in the tub and she was actually really sweet. She climbed up to my shoulder and chewed my hair. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 17 Oct 2016, 4:54 pm

You guuuuys, in only a week my pretty yellow mouse has turned into a polka dotted freak. She even got one under her ear!
The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Dscn8231The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Dscn8323

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Dscn8318The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Dscn8410

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Dscn8321The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Dscn8322

Think her official name is Cora. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Mon 17 Oct 2016, 4:55 pm

I like the name! Also that is amazing that she has changed colors! I didn't even know mice could do that??
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 17 Oct 2016, 4:59 pm

I had a brindle boy that changed a lot, too, but I didn't know it could happen that quick!

Last edited by abeona on Mon 17 Oct 2016, 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 17 Oct 2016, 5:01 pm

Interesting! I've read about mice changing colors/patterning before but I don't think I've actually seen before and after pics until now.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 17 Oct 2016, 5:05 pm

This is the boy that changed, but he changed over a few months. It was January, May, and then I think January-ish again.
The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 2 Lucas_10
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 17 Oct 2016, 5:22 pm

Aaw so cute, where did all those spots come from?! Laughing I've never had a brindle mouse before, this is all very cool to me Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 17 Oct 2016, 6:00 pm

You know what, I think I did see those pictures. Did you share them on TFM or have I lost my mind. Wacko

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 17 Oct 2016, 9:30 pm

I did share that comparison on TFM. Smile

I think I've had more brindles than any other variety, but Lucas and Cora have been the only two who changed so noticeably. It's apparently not uncommon for them to change so much that they look like a totally different mouse, but all I've really found on WHY is "it's just a strange thing they do." Scratch It'd be interesting to know!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:10 pm

Cora? My first ever female guppy was named Corah. Short for decorah, because I really like watching the decorah eagles. If you google it it is a 24/7 live stream of a bald eagle's nest. Nesting starts soon! (But don't look at it of you don't like seeing dead things being torn apart by birds, obviously). It's kinda funny because when the eagles aren't nesting mice will often live in the middle of the nest and come out and scamper around for the camera up top! Don't worry, they've never been caught! Anyway, that's off topic. I think she looks beautiful with her new colors!
What is it in the genetics of brindle mice that makes their fur just change like that?

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next