Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay Safe Tonight!

+9
River
maygins
AnonymousMouseOwner
MouseLover
MesaMouse
EverythingAnimal
CanadianExport
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stay Safe Tonight! Empty Stay Safe Tonight!

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 08 Nov 2016, 2:00 pm

I hate to get political. But I just wanted to copy over this post from Tumblr for everyone here who lives in America. Stay safe tonight!

"This is a plea to those in the US on tumblr about election night:

If you can, please, for your own safety, stay home.

Regardless of who wins, there will be violence.

If Hillary wins, then all the violence Trump has been encouraging will come to a head. His supporters have already said they believe the system is rigged, and there is a growing movement to “take up arms” and “fight back” if Trump loses. This is especially important for those of you in smaller, more rural, white-dominated communities. Trump supporters are plenty there, and as someone who lives in one, I can tell you the chances of people having guns on hand are very high.

If Trump wins, then all of his ideas about “law and order” being enforced by self-policing neighborhoods and his terrifying ideas of vigilantism being an acceptable form of law enforcement could come to fruition. People will most likely be protesting if he wins, and there is a heavy chance that Trump supporters may decide to shut these protests down with violence. They may decide to get a jump start on kicking people out of America. They may decide to commit hate crimes because Trump being elected reinforces their belief that violent rhetoric and actions against minorities is acceptable.

This is not an exaggeration. There will be violence on Tuesday night. There will be hate crimes. There will be people hurt. Do absolutely everything you can to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.

Either way, please look after yourself Tuesday night, especially if you are a minority and/or live in a conservative community.

Please reblog this so everyone can see it. I never ask for reblogs, but this is extremely important for people in the U.S."

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Stay Safe Tonight! Empty Re: Stay Safe Tonight!

Post by Peachy Tue 08 Nov 2016, 4:07 pm

This is awful... have people always been so darn crazy?! Sad

I remember following the 2012 election results and actually being excited just to watch, but I don't know if I can handle this one. I might go with "ignorance is bliss" tonight. Thud
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Tue 08 Nov 2016, 4:12 pm

I have an exam tonight from 8 to 10 pm. I have already decided I will probably just check in the morning.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Tue 08 Nov 2016, 4:59 pm

I still think that may be a bit of exaggeration (even if it says its not). Sure, people can be really passionate for who they want to win (or not win, really), and there are some crazy people out there, but this makes it seem like everyone is out to get one another if they don't get there way! My area has been known to be pretty civil about things like this, then again many of us have the same opinions, and so far this election has been far different from all others, so there is no knowing what might happen.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 08 Nov 2016, 5:05 pm

The post is hyperbolic to an extent, but considering the things some of the candidates have been promoting and the mental instability of a lot of republican voters, it's something to make note of. If you live in a civil area, good! But who knows what can happen? This country already has a good amount of violent crime, and tensions are high today.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 08 Nov 2016, 5:17 pm

Exaggerated was my first thought too, but there are plenty of examples of violence that sounds unreal... plenty of stories that are still recent. Hopefully nothing wild will happen!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 08 Nov 2016, 5:33 pm

There's already been one shooting at a poll in Azusa, California an hour and a half ago. Everyone, please stay safe!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 08 Nov 2016, 6:04 pm

While I agree that that post is a bit too gloom-and-doom, there will, indeed, be repercussions, some of them physical, tonight and for days/weeks/months ahead if The Donald loses (as is likely). The fallacious message that "the election is rigged" and the semi-serious "Second Amendment supporters will know what to do" urgings will be enough impetus for the more hot-headed among us to respond with violence. For the first time in ages, Arizona (where I am) is considered a "purple" state instead of its usual "red" status and a big turnout from the Hispanic community could flip it to "blue" today. When I went to vote this morning, the poll workers actually thanked me for showing up (I was only the 166th voter at that polling site as of 11:45) and wholly understood when I declined an "I Voted Today" sticker when I was leaving. As I explained to that person, this is the first time in over 40 years of voting in local, state and national elections that I wasn't proud or excited to have my say.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 08 Nov 2016, 9:40 pm

I really feel like you guys are stuck between a rock and a hard place... both Trump and Hillary really suck, for different reasons of course Sad

Hope whatever the outcome is turns out to be a good one!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 08 Nov 2016, 9:52 pm

Can't we have a do over with normal people? lol Kinda looking like Trump so far. It'd be an interesting few years, at least. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 08 Nov 2016, 10:11 pm

Right now it's neck and neck. California and Oregon threw Clinton forward. I've been keeping close tabs for hours now. As a bisexual, the prospect of Trump and his vice president winning is terrifying.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 08 Nov 2016, 10:22 pm

It's not over 'til it's over... but she's looking pretty doomed. Sad
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 09 Nov 2016, 3:42 am

Well, it's over now! I'm so happy this election is finally over! It was such a crazy election! Wacko

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 09 Nov 2016, 6:28 am

Welp... I guess that happened. We'll see how it goes.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:53 am

Ahh, I am not old enough to vote yet, but this seems like it was a hard election. There's a lot of full fledged Clinton supporters and same for trump, and a lot who hate both of them and gave their vote up to the third party, or didn't vote at all- In my opinion, Trump is pretty silly. He doesn't seem to me very much responsible, but I suppose he's a good business man. Hillary concerns me, something seems a little fishy about her. I won't get into a rant!

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Drama Queen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next