Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol

+12
CanadianExport
MesaMouse
Mouseketeers
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
MooMouse
River
CallaLily
Bandit Cat
maygins
AnonymousMouseOwner
Peachy
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 3 Empty Re: The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol

Post by Peachy Tue 18 Oct 2016, 1:52 am

I've seen the Decorah eagle cams! Decorah is a couple hours from me so the news channels report on them sometimes. Razz I followed them closely some years ago and checked back into it a few months ago. Definitely very cool!

I think she's pretty too. Smile Back when Lucas changed the second time (his third picture) I spent a lot of time looking into pigmentation and hair cycles and blahblahblah. I didn't really find anything helpful though, mostly just studies about things like phenotypes within a litter.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 3 Empty Re: The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 18 Oct 2016, 6:28 am

Congrats on the new girl! Is it really hard for people to find Ry mice? I end up with them more often than not! XD

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 21 Oct 2016, 1:12 am

I've only seen one RY and it was at the shelter a long time ago. Sad I sometimes think about visiting little stores when we go on road trips but that might be a little nuts. lol

I fall more in love with this girl every day. Oh my goodness. She's darkened up a bit more too... what a trickster! I brought her home because she was yellow and the first week here she changes color on me. Laughing
She went to the vet today for a URI and some parasite treatment but already looks much healthier than she did at the store. She's so active and always looking for attention! I think she might go crazy all alone in her little quarantine cage for another 5+ weeks.
The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 3 20161017
The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 3 20161018

The Halloween napkins were such a great idea. She gets cleaned every two-three days so these are a fun way to still decorate. Love
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 21 Oct 2016, 6:05 am

Thank goodness she tricked you into taking her home then Laughing She's adorable.

Hope she makes a speedy recovery!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 21 Oct 2016, 9:13 am

She's so cute! I hope she is feeling better soon.

I've seen a few RY mice around here, but only brought one home (Twix) so no idea if the other ones I've seen were truly RY.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Fri 21 Oct 2016, 10:57 am

She is so pretty! That is one thing I wish I knew about Charlotte was whether she is actually a recessive yellow, I have no pedigree on her to know for sure.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 21 Oct 2016, 11:34 am

If she has yellow coloration and you're located in the USA, the odds are overwhelmingly that she's Ry. She could be brindle, but obviously yellow mice are usually Ry unless they change, and lethal yellow is a really rare gene in pet type mice.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Fri 21 Oct 2016, 12:36 pm

Oh that is good to know. I didn't even know there were two genes until after I got her. That makes me feel a bit better about her now.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:37 am

Eek, now Cora's torn her ear. I'm not sure what she got caught on... maybe she was trying to escape through the homemade lid? That stupid mesh scratches me but it's folded so that she shouldn't be able to get to the pokey parts. Sad

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 3 Dscn8413The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 3 Dscn8415
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 28 Oct 2016, 12:41 pm

Oooh, ow! Hopefully that doesn't get infected.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm

It's been one thing after another for this poor girl. The extended quarantine makes me wish I would've brought her home with a friend. I cleaned her ear well and she's already on two antibiotics, so fingers crossed that nothing more comes at her. Thud
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:06 pm

In pictures, I have noticed a tiny chip out of Clover's ear. She's always had it though, I wonder what happened to her before I got her. Definitely not as bad as Cora's ear though, poor girl. Do you think it will heal back together or stay that way? If you look closely at Clover's ear, you'll see the chip I'm talking about. The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 3 Clover11

The reason I stay out of pet stores. lol - Page 3 Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:20 pm

Henry has those too! I wonder about them sometimes, but I figured considering his background, some injuries may have occurred.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:41 pm

Rina has a little notch in her ear too.  But not like that tear, ouch! Probably a pretty easy place for them to injure.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:16 pm

Ouch! Mice's ears are so delicate, like tissue paper Sad

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next