Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay Safe Tonight!

+9
River
maygins
AnonymousMouseOwner
MouseLover
MesaMouse
EverythingAnimal
CanadianExport
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stay Safe Tonight! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stay Safe Tonight!

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:57 am

Stocks are already crashing once he was elected. If that trend keeps up, it's not gonna be good. Some analysts are predicting one of the worst recessions we've ever had. That may be extreme, but even so, stocks are still nose diving last I checked.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by River Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:59 am

Trumps win was the end of the LGBT+ civil righs movement for the next two decades, if not our lives. As someone within the community, this is a deeply saddening reality to me. I definitely don't feel safe in America anymore. 

I wonder if I can bring the mice to Canada?  Laughing

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:04 am

I'm in your boat, River. For the next four years, we're squashed. And I've checked- you can bring mice into Canada without a permit or anything!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:13 am

Everyone on here putting down Trump and the comment about the 'mental instability of some republicans' really made me upset. I'm republican and I'm rejoicing on this day! I find the very fact that people act as if republicans are stupid insulting. I think we're very logical and reasonable people, while liberals want their way and no other. They're interested in changing us and our opinions, but wouldn't even consider changing themselves/opinions. I just know for a fact that we could not have trusted Hillary as commander in Chief. Trump wasn't my first choice, but I'm going to tell the truth and say that if Hillary was elected I would have been terrified. The media over exaggerates half of this stuff about Trump anyway and hides everything bad about Hillary. I wish everyone would stop fighting and be hopeful.
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

https://www.youtube.com/c/HannahsAnimals

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:26 am

Mod Note:
This isn't directed at anyone, it's just a reminder that we need to keep our opinions in check and remain respectful towards each other. If this can't happen, the thread will be closed without a second warning.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:31 am

olimarthemouse wrote:I wish everyone would stop fighting and be hopeful.

Olimar, no one here had been fighting or saying anything with a hostile connotation until your post.

But anyway, Peachy, maybe we should lock down this thread. I only first made it to make sure everyone would stay safe on election night, and since that's passed and some people are starting to bristle, it's probably not serving the forum any good purpose. This is a mouse forum, anyway; I'm sure plenty of us are stressed enough as it is without us bringing the politics here.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:35 am

I wasn't trying to start fighting or arguments. I get so tired of it all, though. I was trying to remain respectful as well. I just saw a few of you putting opinions about Trump and the whole election, so I wanted to share mine. And I tried to do so as respectfully and politely as possible. I apoligize. I didn't want to get anyone riled up.
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

https://www.youtube.com/c/HannahsAnimals

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:38 am

I think you were respectful olimar, and don't mind that you shared your opinion. Like I said, it was just a reminder. I know how intense these discussions can get!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:39 am

I hear you, olimarthemouse, and hope you don't find my observations insulting or grating. I have been an independent for 46 voting years, always voting for the person and not the party, so whether a candidate is Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or Green doesn't matter to me if I agree with their platform but I do care about the character of the candidate. As someone who grew up in NYC at the same time as Trump -- we're only a few years apart in age -- and saw how he crassly conducted business, mistreated people, believed himself to be on a higher plane than the average Joe so laws did not apply (unless they favored his position) and essentially felt that the City (state, country, world) should bow before him, I truly fear what he will attempt to do nationally and internationally now that he thinks he has absolute power. Fortunately, our good old Constitution -- a document with which Trump has only a passing acquaintance -- has built in a series of checks and balances that even "King" Donald cannot "trump." Our country will, nevertheless, suffer socially and economically, especially once he discovers that other countries will not negotiate trade and defense issues, particularly not with someone who cannot admit ever being in the wrong. Friends in Canada have already been in touch, offering sanctuary, but, dammit, this is my country for good or ill and, hopefully, there will be more valid and sane choices in four years from now. End of diatribe: time to suck up and live as much as possible in my own little part of the world.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:51 am

I'm with you, Mesa. I've been tempted by dual citizenship in Canada for a few years now, but the Great White North is calling my name more than ever. I have Hispanic friends... I'm scared for them. And I'm scared for myself and every LGBTQ friend that I have. My favorite artist is lesbian, my webcomic group includes people who are bi and agender, my new friend is genderfluid. And we're all at the least uncertain and at the most terrified.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:34 pm

Post removed

Last edited by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removing my post)

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:36 pm

Oh, you should see some of the conversations on other forums/sites. They can get absolutely intense, insults fly everywhere! One of the most peaceful I've seen is right here. Neutral

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Drama Queen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:36 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
Andorrici wrote:Ahh, I am not old enough to vote yet, but this seems like it was a hard election. There's a lot of full fledged Clinton supporters and same for trump, and a lot who hate both of them and gave their vote up to the third party, or didn't vote at all- In my opinion, Trump is pretty silly. He doesn't seem to me very much responsible, but I suppose he's a good business man. Hillary concerns me, something seems a little fishy about her. I won't get into a rant!
I can't vote either - but I felt the same way about both of them!

Oh lol Smile

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Drama Queen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:54 am

For anyone who's deeply concerned about Trump being president - I think it's worth remembering that he's not going to be running the country by himself. He's going to find a lot of red tape everywhere and I really doubt he'll be able to pass anything too extreme.

I dislike Trump, but I really think the way that the media exaggerates and twists things is actually quite irresponsible. People are genuinely frightened as if you've just elected Hitler or something. You haven't. You live in a western democracy in 2016 and you will be okay. Take a deep breath. Who knows, maybe Trump will be able to negotiate some good trade deals for America. This isn't the end of the world Thumbs Up

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri 11 Nov 2016, 11:56 am

I agree. We will make it through this.

I'm gonna put a few hotlines below due to a few tragedies + attempts I have heard of lately. This is not meant to sound dramatic or fabricated,or to attack anyone in any way. As you know, I respect all political views! This is just acknowledging that there have been people who are much more sensitive to this election than others and might need these today. I hope this won't bother anyone, as again, it isn't meant to!

National Suicide Hotline
1-800-273-8255
Trevor Project 
866-488-7386
Trans Lifeline
1-877-565-8860
Crisis Textline (text "start" to this number)
741-741
LGBT+ Hotline
888-843-4564
Youth Talkline
800-246-774

Remember to stay alive. There are still people who care about you. Xo!

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next