Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor Miss Pussens (and $$ poor me!)

+3
Peachy
CallaLily
MesaMouse
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Poor Miss Pussens (and $$ poor me!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Poor Miss Pussens (and $$ poor me!)

Post by CallaLily Sun 11 Dec 2016, 2:56 pm

Glad she's doing better! That hammock thing is super cute.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Poor Miss Pussens (and $$ poor me!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Poor Miss Pussens (and $$ poor me!)

Post by Artistwolf Sun 11 Dec 2016, 4:02 pm

That's great news! Very Happy

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 12 Dec 2016, 7:16 am

I'm glad she's doing better Smile I hope she continues to improve!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 12 Dec 2016, 3:19 pm

Well, the joy of yesterday morning was short-lived as diarrhea returned yesterday afternoon and vomiting joined in this afternoon (no bowel movements today so far). I just called the vet's office to let them all know what's happening with Miss P. Although pessimistic by nature, I really try to force a positive outlook on most situations but I'm not having a good feeling here. If she doesn't make progress by the end of the month, I guess Dr Danner and I will have another discussion as I just don't have any more $$ to lay out for ultrasounds, etc. C'mon, Saint Francis, patron of animals, help this poor kitty out!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 12 Dec 2016, 3:45 pm

Oh no. Sad I was hoping the update today was another good one. I hope she can turn it around again.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 12 Dec 2016, 5:28 pm

Kitty, no!!!!! This is so sad, messy, unfair for you and her, and a real kick in the financial pants. It's crazy that this came on so suddenly.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 13 Dec 2016, 2:53 pm

I heard from the vet's office today and reported no change re vomiting/diarrhea. The tech who called said Dr Danner wanted to know if I'd been able to get any of the Metronidazole pills into Miss Pussens yet. I was astonished as I'd not been told to continue to try to dose her after she'd been given that "good for 14 days" injection on Friday! My assumption (haha) was that the antibiotic was intended to seek out and treat any GI infection that was causing the vomiting and diarrhea; as Metronidazole also helps to stem vomiting and diarrhea, trying to get those tiny pills into the bits of food she was eating seemed superfluous but apparently not. Neither the vet or the tech who handled the injection and the subQ bolus on Friday said a word about the tiny pills and the tech at the checkout desk even said "at least you won't have to try getting her to take a pill twice daily". As Miss P is anxious to eat the special diet wet food, I'll slip a pill into tonight's portion and watch like a hawk to see if she ingests it. Feh!! Razz

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 13 Dec 2016, 10:17 pm

Well that's crummy that they didn't explain that better... but I suppose there is still hope that she might improve with the metronidazole! Well at least you're not bored! So much excitement Rofling

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:56 pm

This cat is quite an adventure with a new chapter and twist every day. When I was getting ready to go to the museum yesterday afternoon, Miss P decided to come into the bathroom to visit her litter box and, to my delight, left a bowel movement that was part diarrhea but part semi-solid! I grabbed the fecal sample vial and managed to get a good sample to drop off at the vet's office yesterday. As soon as I got home from the museum in the evening, I immediately smelled that tell-tale diarrhea stench but nothing was in the litter box -- the wicked walked right past the front bathroom and into Imogene's room where she left a combo-texture deposit right near the poor ham's table! To enhance the "welcome home, Mom", she had also vomited in the living room. I was not feeling sympathetic and was determined that she ingest one of those tiny pills. After giving her wet food a quick 10-second nuke to get it to room temperature, I tucked a pill into the top of the mound and watched her dive in. Guess the food was a tad too warm so she tasted the pill in the first mouthful, making "gakking" sounds and ran from the kitchen...I wasn't worried as I knew she'd come back and eat it all at some point. She did but somehow managed to avoid that little pill, leaving it in two pieces in the bowl. This morning, I put the remainder of the refrigerated can at the bottom of the bowl, slid the pill in and covered it with a spoonful from the fresh can. Thankfully, she hoovered the entire clump down in under a minute, pill and all (yay! yippee! put one over on the cat!). No vomiting or diarrhea overnight and so far today so I'm looking forward to another pill ruse tonight. Scaredymouse, how long was Kevin on Metronidazole before it put an end to his vomiting?

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 15 Dec 2016, 1:51 am

well, he stayed at the vet overnight and they gave him an anti-nausea shot of some kind. also, they sent him home on Pepcid to help calm his tummy. so, I want to say that he was better in a day or two, due to a combination of the shot/metro/Pepcid. he still barfs a couple times a month but it's because he eats too fast. we even bought a goofy bowl that makes it hard for them to get to the food but he still manages to hork it down. ugh, cats. he likes to barf up his wet food, hot piles of wet food Nah

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:51 am

A new day, a new chapter in the Miss P saga but, for once, it's a good chapter. No vomiting or diarrhea for over 36 hours -- whee!! No bowel movement since Tuesday evening until about 30 minutes ago: a nice, normal stool -- whee! and double whee!! Just got her to consume her 3rd tiny pill as she inhaled her super-expensive wet food in under a minute.

The big excitement this morning also had to do with the litterbox: for the first time since I've gotten her (one month tomorrow), she actually covered her deposits!!!! Maybe a physically better and tidier cat is slowly emerging.

The laugh of the day is also curtesy of Miss Pussens. As I was coming out of the bedroom this morning, I saw a small zip top plastic bag on the living room rug and knew she had found it somewhere to play with. I came back into the room with my trusty long-handled pinchy picker-upper and discovered that it was the bag from the vet's office that had contained about 10 tiny Pill Pockets -- apparently the little bugger not only likes to go up on the kitchen counters in the wee hours but likes to steal things, too! The bag was a mass of teethmarks and was absolutely empty! I know she's been very hungry over the past few days and probably smelled something tasty so up she went to steal it. In a way, I'm proud of her for being able to "open" the zip top bag without opposable thumbs but am a tad worried that consuming that many Pill Pockets all at once will work counter to the anti-vomiting, anti-diarrhea meds. What a flippin' adventure unspooling here Wacko .

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 15 Dec 2016, 12:07 pm

Well, she certainly seems to be feeling better. She's finally getting into some normal cat trouble!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 15 Dec 2016, 12:55 pm

Yay, good news!! :ferret2: .... <----that's supposed to be a ferret??? Confused looks like a kitty to me. Pardon

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 15 Dec 2016, 2:31 pm

Squee, I'm so glad she seems to be doing better. I hope she keeps up the improvement!

Those smilies were listed as ferrets, but I originally thought they were cats too. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 16 Dec 2016, 7:28 pm

Okay, it looks like Miss P (now nicknamed Bochy -- "Bow-chee") has gotten over the hump of GI inflammation that has probably plagued her for months and may well have been the reason she was given up. This is the third day of no vomiting, normal stools, very good appetite and general cat silliness. I updated the vet's office today and they want her to finish out the course of Metronidazole so I'll be hiding pills in the must-be-made-of-gold wet food for another 6 days.

Re "Bochy": the name won't mean anything to you unless you're a rabid baseball fan and know who the SF Giants manager, Bruce Bochy, is and what he looks like. Now that Miss P feels better and is wholly relaxed, she was sleeping on my lap last night with her head tilted so that I could see her whole face. I noticed that she has golden eyelashes that blend in on the gold side of her face but really stand out on the black side. As I was studying her, I knew she reminded me of something or someone and then it hit me: Bruce Bochy is dark-haired with heavy dark brows but one eye has white lashes, giving him an out of kilter appearance. I laughed so hard that I woke Miss P up! She seems to like the sound of Bow-chee and already knows it refers to her...clever cat!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next