Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selina on the loose!

+9
Unicorn
EverythingAnimal
CallaLily
stephlisa
scaredymouse
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonONIagent
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Selina on the loose! - Page 3 Empty Re: Selina on the loose!

Post by Unicorn Wed 11 Jan 2017, 9:36 pm

Nope, she's just hiding- she's tiny! You saw her and know she's alive and still in the house, so there's hope!!! Bait a live trap and put it close to where you saw her heading. I am waiting breathlessly for news, I hope everything turns out okay! <3
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 11 Jan 2017, 9:53 pm

No, it can't be! Keep trying! At least you know she's still well. If you can find her once, you can find her again!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:08 pm

I put some water and apple bits out for her in my room. Hopefully that will entice her out of hiding, or even just into my room if she's no longer in it.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:14 pm

I think live traps are really the way to go in this situation. I have a victor catch and hold I used for wild ones in my crawlspace a while back and it worked fantastically with a small smear of peanut butter or plain yougurt (if your afraid of peanut allergies) on the inside wall. She can smell from a mile away it and it has a bit of moisture.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:16 pm

EverythingAnimal wrote:I think live traps are really the way to go in this situation. I have a victor catch and hold I used for wild ones in my crawlspace a while back and it worked fantastically with a small smear of peanut butter or plain yougurt (if your afraid of peanut allergies) on the inside wall. She can smell from a mile away it and it has a bit of moisture.
The only problem is that my mom isn't gonna go out and buy me live traps, and I can't afford them as I just dropped $250 on a new CPU for my gaming PC and am thus broke.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:28 pm

AnonONIagent wrote:
The only problem is that my mom isn't gonna go out and buy me live traps, and I can't afford them as I just dropped $250 on a new CPU for my gaming PC and am thus broke.
This trap is only $5 or less, and they can be found anywhere, I think I got mine at Walmart. They also sell cheaper like $2 live traps "Mouse Cubes" I believe. Try to convince her to get them, they might not work but its worth it to give it a shot to get Selina safe.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Thu 12 Jan 2017, 2:08 am

Break up a few plain crackers and put them on plates around your room.

Put the wheel and some bedding and some stuff that already smells like her in the corner of the room on a towel or paper towels.

You'll be able to hear munching if she finds the crackers and she's more likely to investigate a tasty cracker. And if she has an area of your room that has her stuff in it, she's likely to set up shop there.

When you do find her, it may be easiest to put a large plastic bowl or bin over her and then gently slide some cardboard under it. (how i trap spiders or bugs).

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Thu 12 Jan 2017, 9:55 am

I caught her!

As I was getting ready to go to work this morning, I noticed Herman (one of my cats) staring at one of the drawers I pulled out of my room last night. So I pulled it up, and suddenly Herman goes racing into the bathroom down the hall. I chase after him, and find him attacking Selina. So I quickly pushed him away, and with my other hand, I snatched up Selina as she was trying to scamper away.

I gave her a cursory look-over for injuries before I put her back in her cage, but as I was running late for work, I didn't have time to do as thorough a job as I'd like, so I'll do a more complete check once I get back home. But she's home again now, safe and sound with Sally and Sarah.

What a relief!

Last edited by AnonONIagent on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 12 Jan 2017, 10:07 am

I'm so glad you caught her! I hope she's unharmed.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 12 Jan 2017, 10:40 am

WOOHOOOOOO!!! I'm so glad, Anon! I really truly am!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Thu 12 Jan 2017, 1:21 pm

Bliss

You got her, you got her! Uh, "thanks" to Herman for the "help." Hope she's unhurt, hopefully her sisters will clean her up and snuggle her and she'll feel better.

So glad she's safe!
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 12 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm

Yay! I'm so glad you found her!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Thu 12 Jan 2017, 1:29 pm

Alright, now that I'm home I gave her a thorough check-over, and she's unhurt. I gave her lots of treats and told her how much I missed her Smile

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 12 Jan 2017, 1:37 pm

Ah, I'm so so happy/relieved!!! I kept checking, just hoping you'd get her back. Who knew the cat would save the day!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 12 Jan 2017, 1:46 pm

Thank goodness for your kitty! That was how I found my gerbil a few years ago, but she was only gone for some hours. Glad that you've got Selina back and she's ok. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next