Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here!

+3
CallaLily
Peachy
MesaMouse
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Empty Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here!

Post by MesaMouse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:47 pm

Sorry, but the pics just aren't posting. Apparently, there's a system problem at Photobucket today Mad

Boy, did I luck out at PetSmart last night! They had a number of Syrian ham girls, short-coated, long-coated and TeddyBear, to choose from but...only one was fully awake. She was running on her wheel, jumping on and off, coming up to the glass to "visit" and being absolutely irresistible! The associate came over to ask if I wanted to hold her (Yes!), opened the tank and actually let me pick up the ham -- I had to scoop her but she really didn't resist; she didn't struggle once I had her out of the tank and held against me and was comfortable enough to explore my shoulder...and then down my back so a good thing the associate was there to snatch her before she ran all the way down to the floor Laughing . The associate said that their hams are usually "3 or 4 months old" and, given her length and heft, that sounds about right. As best as I can determine, her coloring is dove over white, sort of a splash pattern. Once home, she excitedly explored her new digs (20L tank), chewed on everything, ate, drank, ran through tunnels and logged quite a bit of time on her wheel.

Photobucket is not very cooperative today as I can't see my pics, just the titles, so I hope these photos will post successfully.

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Imogene%20drinking_zpsicgmu1tl

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Imogene%20eating%203_zpsgccjsmh7

Pulling a face
Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Imogene%20pulling%20a%20Face_zpsvk2apuu7

Tank set-up
Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Imogenes%20Home_zpsrzpkce1e

Does this acorn make my butt look fat?
Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! This%20Acorn%20makes%20My%20Butt%20Look%20Big_zpsu7dkbg5a

There are three hides in the tank -- under the platform (large), the pink barn (medium) and the acorn (smallest) -- so where do you think I found her this morning? Stuffed into the acorn, of course, with food debris all around the entrance Laughing ! By late morning, she had moved under the platform to continue her beauty sleep.

I'm still not sure "who" she is yet: either Imogene (Celtic for "maiden"), Clare ("bright") or Rhonda (Welsh for "noisy"). Giselle is a bit too delicate a name for her, I think, because she certainly is boisterous!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Empty Re: Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here!

Post by Peachy Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:58 pm

Yay, congrats! She sounds like lots of fun already!

Maybe try using ServImg for pictures? Click the button I circled here and a little window thing will pop up for you to select your pictures.
Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Host10
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Empty Re: Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here!

Post by MesaMouse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:03 pm

Okay, let's try your suggestion, abeona.

Well, that didn't work, either. I selected, the pics showed up in the box but, when I hit "Send" nothing posted. Feh! Hopefully, Photobucket will get their act together today -- I'm just frosted that there was nothing overtly posted when you log on to Photobucket warning about the current technical glitches -- I had to go into the Help section and found a large notice in bold red!

Last edited by MesaMouse on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:08 pm

Awww, I can't see your pics but she sounds adorable. I love love love the name Imogen/Imogene.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:11 pm

Oops, after you press send you have to press "insert all."

Edit: You can see the pictures if you open them in a new tab. She's so pretty!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:12 pm

Omg, Rhonda is a great name for a ham!!!! I can't see the pics either bit she sounds awesome! Congrats!!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:13 pm

CallaLily wrote:Awww, I can't see your pics but she sounds adorable. I love love love the name Imogen/Imogene.  

I'm leaning towards "Imogene". It's a fun-sounding name and makes me think of the great 1950's comedienne, Imogene Coca, Sid Caesar's long-time TV partner...and this ham is definitely on the goofy side!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:25 pm

Aww, what a cutie! Congrats on your new hamster! Smile

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 14 Oct 2016, 12:06 pm

I think Rhonda would be a good name. Syrians have such brutish proportions as far as rodents go, and the name makes me think of the MMA fighter Ronda Rousey. So I think it's a good fit!

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 14 Oct 2016, 12:10 pm

Ooh, I can see the pictures now! What a cutie!

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 14 Oct 2016, 12:20 pm

I can see them now too. She's so pretty!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 14 Oct 2016, 12:58 pm

I can see her!  She's magnificent and shiny, too!  She looks a bit like Splotchy except Sable and Satin.  She's a very pretty lady.  Have fun, you are going to love, love, love that ham.  I want to hear all about it!

They also like egg cartons, just like mice

Exhibit A

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Wp_20169

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 14 Oct 2016, 6:51 pm

Imogene tried some broccoli last night and wasn't wholly sure she liked it

Imogene (or Clare or Rhonda or Giselle) is Here! Imogene_zpsmcqjucza

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 14 Oct 2016, 9:06 pm

Oooh, I like her a lot! Try kale, that seems to be the favorite.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 15 Oct 2016, 7:52 am

Her face! She's looks like a kid that's just been told to at least try it. Haha

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next