Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Things About You

+27
Daydream
KaylaLovesMice
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AnonymousMouseOwner
Mice Are Cute
Paula
hesitantbullets
Blackthorns
Mouseketeers
CanadianExport
Nestmouse
MesaMouse
lupus_corde
Rodents rock!
River
Barbiefly
Artistwolf
GabbiLuvsMice
EverythingAnimal
stephlisa
CallaLily
MouseLover
CinnamonPearl
Brynne
scaredymouse
Soren
Peachy
31 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

5 Things About You - Page 3 Empty Re: 5 Things About You

Post by scaredymouse Sat 06 Aug 2016, 6:34 pm

oooh, mesamouse, you are interesting! congrats on attaining your lump of coal! i was actually a retail pharmacy tech at the local hospital. that was a rough job. it's funny, i really liked the work... it's just all the people that were difficult. i liked figuring out insurance Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 07 Aug 2016, 1:49 pm

scaredymouse wrote:oooh, mesamouse, you are interesting!  congrats on attaining your lump of coal!  i was actually a retail pharmacy tech at the local hospital.  that was a rough job.  it's funny, i really liked the work... it's just all the people that were difficult.  i liked figuring out insurance Smile  

Insurance was one of the banes of our existence at Walgreens, especially on the late shift when you couldn't reach many of the insurers by phone, primarily because people paid no attention to changes in pharmacy coverage ("Oh, I have to go to CVS now?") or that they hadn't brought us their new insurance card and were amazed that we couldn't magically intuit who their coverage was with -- the other was the drive-through...ARGH! I worked the evening shift and loved the job, my colleagues and 95% of our customers but those other 5% could really ruin your day. It got to the point with a few of the real "gems" that, when we saw one of them approaching or pulling into one of the drive-through lanes, there were a frantic few seconds of "It's your turn! I dealt with him/her last week!" followed by "But I already took care of Mr/Mrs/Ms So-and-So today so I shouldn't have to deal with X, too!" Even the pharmacists would duck and cover and would have to be summoned out of hiding if the "gem" had a question/complaint (which was always Laughing ). I was down to working just one shift a week due to my increasing difficulties with arthritis -- virtually impossible to stand, bend, scurry around for even my 5-hour shifts -- when, after one insanely painful evening, after I clocked out I asked the assistant store manager in charge of personnel if I could just leave and not come back. Steve, bless him, said that he didn't know how I'd lasted those last few months as he'd be in pain just watching me hobble around, clutch on to shelves to move from place to place, etc. Have to say, though, I was always cheerful and helpful to customers, many of whom would share their arthritis woes with a fellow sufferer.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Nestmouse Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:50 am

First, want to agree with something above: Soren, to me you look neither masculine nor scary but like a very attractive young female; and I love your great style of looks.

1- Since 1980, I've sung and played guitar...in streets, restaurants, and occasionally on the stage. It's been my only main source of income ever. My last gig was at a charity concert in August this year. I've never studied music and have never recorded anything which I didn't throw away later.

2- I have no family: no parents (since 2010), wife, children, siblings, cousins, uncles, aunts, whatever. A so called 'lone person'.

3- I was born in Germany in 1963 but have lived in England since 1989.

4- I practice transcendental meditation.

5- My current long term mission is to physically trace a part of the world travels of my self chosen life guide Katy Perry. I've just been to Greece and there are still places in Europe left but my goal right now is California. The plan is, to be based in her town of birth, Santa Barbara, for a month and take trips to San Francisco and to the Broad Museum in Los Angeles from there. (My daily meditation was also inspired by her.)

Tried to keep it short - think I succeeded? Haha, anyway a good idea this topic! Dance

Nestmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 04 Oct 2016, 9:57 pm

Eek, I love how musical many of us are. It's great to hear more about you, Nestmouse. Your travel goals sound like too much fun!! Who would want to stay home after all that? Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Sun 09 Oct 2016, 6:24 pm

This is kinda fun. Everyone sounds super interesting and this forum is quickly causing me to post way more than "a little." lol.

Sooo a little about me.

1) I am in my last couple of months of my Masters of Professional Accountancy degree. I will be officially done December 9th.

2) I am originally from Canada and recently got my American citizenship in February. So I guess you could say I am a newly minted American citizen.

3) I have a 12 1/2 year old chihuahua named Viggo. He loves the sun and hates winter and spends the entirety of it on his heating pad bed or on my electric blanket. I have had him since I was 16 and he has moved from Texas, to Florida, to a lot of places in Washington state with me. I love him to pieces, he is my heart dog. 5 Things About You - Page 3 Imag1110

4) I am working on getting my CPA license and have passed 1 of the 4 parts of the CPA exam. This exam is literal hell and harder than the bar exam but it will be worth it when it is done. Which will hopefully be next summer. I will be starting work in a CPA firm in January after I have graduated.

5) I was a cabinet maker for 5 years before the economy forced a major change in life direction and I went back to school for accounting. Which I guess leads back to #4 so i guess I got all turned around lol.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 09 Oct 2016, 6:35 pm

CanadianExport wrote:

4) I am working on getting my CPA license and have passed 1 of the 4 parts of the CPA exam. This exam is literal hell and harder than the bar exam but it will be worth it when it is done. Which will hopefully be next summer. I will be starting work in a CPA firm in January after I have graduated.

Yikes! I feel for you. The bar exam was horrific and I'm so glad that I aced it the first time through -- several friends had to sit through it more than once!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Sun 09 Oct 2016, 7:37 pm

MesaMouse, it is pretty much the same for the CPA exam. The pass rates are about 50%, I have 18 months to finish the other four before I lose the exam I just passed. I just keep telling myself that this is so I can have all the animals I want in the future and so I can travel! My little meecers and my pup help me cope with everything.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Sun 09 Oct 2016, 7:59 pm

Considering I am turning 25 in a few weeks time and not loving anything about that. You are all making me feel nice and young so thank you Razz

You all have such interesting lives! Mine is boring in comparison.

1. I am more often than not explained as a paradox. Alongside a large amount of arrogance and a large ego.
- It took me a long time to realise that the world owes me nothing. Now I do what I want, when I want and how I want.
Usually getting what I want in the process.
- " Quintessential embodiment of a paradox" Laughing My best mate responded with this when I asked her to explain me in five words. She rolled her eyes when I took it as a compliment.

2. I live and breathe horses. Have done for my entire life. However spending 12 hours a day with them in a job scenario has seen me lose some of my passion for them. I don't see that as a sad thing, I know horses will always be an insistent, if not slightly annoying part of my life. I couldn't walk away from them for anything. My relationship with them has just changed, as it will no doubt continue to do.

3. I am not super affectionate. I don't get attached to many things. I am very loud and opinionated though and very much a people person. However I prefer my own company if I have the choice. I do great in customer service situations because I befriend everyone Razz

4. I have a very black and sarcastic sense of humour. My horse is called Glue, an ongoing threat of sorts " if you don't behave I will turn you into ..." xD Words can not even begin to explain how much I love that animal. I am not an emotional person, but this horse brings out the best and the worst in me.

5. I see everything in shades of grey. Nothing is ever simply black or white. There is always a grey side..... Apart from my ridiculous over the top dramatic fear of spiders.

6. I grew up with your stereotypical fast cars, destructive, jail time kind of crowd. Because of this I am as sober as possible and a bit of a mother hen.
- To this day I find it hard pressed to find people who were more kind, supportive and accepting as those in my teens.

7. I live in Australia in an apartment alone. Which explains why I am slightly fearful and slightly curious by the buzzing noise going on behind the curtain near my head as a type. Last time this happened it was a stuck european wasp ( a wasp that Australia has managed to take on and turn into a bigger, more ferocious version of their european cousins Rolling Eyes ). That is best case scenario, worst case it is a spider and I will spend the better part of my day off hugging a bottle of raid fearing for my life. Wink
Actually best case would be a snake, I will take a snake over a wasp or a spider to be honest.
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Sun 09 Oct 2016, 8:05 pm

Mouseketeers your sense of humor sounds amazing! Your horse's name sounds like my nicknames for my dog, I had a conversation while camping with friends about the kind of meal my dog would make and we ended up with him being called Soup. Your relationship with horses sounds like what happened with me and dogs. I LOVED dogs and was obsessed with dogs when I got Viggo but over the years I have come to realize that dogs are just not really a good fit when I am a grad student and will be working 12 hour days come February (Viggo is not going anywhere I will just probably take a break from dogs after he passes). It is good to know I am not alone when it comes to a change in passion.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:42 pm

Hey, I'm 25 in six weeks! I'm not as freaked out as I was that time that I concluded that it was practically 30, though. Giggling

It's so fun to read these, I'm glad you both shared. Your Viggo is super duper cute, CanadianExport. I can live without big dogs (which is what I have, ugh!) but I like the little ones.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 09 Oct 2016, 11:00 pm

Mouseketeers and Abeona, you're killing me! Turning 25 is not the end of the world: it just signals that you're undeniably in adulthood (or should be Giggle ). I'm far, far closer to the end of the world as I turned 67 yesterday so if anyone is groaning, it should be me (and I am because my arthritic hips and knees are causing me much grief today).

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 09 Oct 2016, 11:25 pm

Darn it. I saw your birthday in the birthday list for two weeks, but forgot to check yesterday I guess. I hope you enjoyed your day!! Bday8
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackthorns Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:41 am

- Unneeded selfie;
5 Things About You - Page 3 Image_zps2foy8jvx
- I am apparently the youngest who has posted so far? I turned 16 in late august.
- My best friend and I have been inseparable since kindergarten.
- I have three half siblings, and I've only met the one
- I've only been to one concert, but at that concert I met the lead singers wife, Aja Volkman, and their daughter. I completely embarrassed myself in front of her but it was worth it because she came over and said hi
- Imagine Dragons follow me on twitter (but I used to be a super huge and crazy fan of theirs)
Blackthorns
Blackthorns
User Removed

Leo Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 10 Oct 2016, 3:32 pm

MesaMouse wrote: I turned 67 yesterday

I hope your birthday was a good one! Bday8

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by hesitantbullets Sat 13 May 2017, 9:27 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:
5. I've lived on Long Island my entire life, but I was born in NYC and lived there my first five years. I don't miss it. But when I grow up, I actually intend to get dual citizenship and move to Canada. So I'm planning to go to vet school there, or perhaps go even earlier during my undergrad years. (If anyone has any tips on that, I'd appreciate it!)
aw hey i've lived on Long Island my whole life too! I was born here, though

anyways,
1. along with my mouse, i also have a dog (jack russel terrier) named Bo. i named him after the comedian, Bo Burnham, and he's almost two years old. i also have 8 fish (various tetras, catfish, and a betta). Their names are Bruce, Poussey, Gerard, Dean, Phil, Kenny, Duck, and Theodosia. in the past i have owned hamster, several fish, a few dogs, and a cat.

2. I'm 16 years old

3. I am a visual artist and was recently in my first ever art show! It was very exciting and I can't wait to have more experiences like that. I think I'd like to pursue art as a career, but I have a long way to go

4. My favorite band is Green Day and my favorite solo artist is Aurelio Voltaire. I recently met him and he told me I had a very nice smile, and i think that will always remain one of my favorite moments

5. I am huge advocator for LGBT+ rights, women's rights, racial equality, etc.
hesitantbullets
hesitantbullets
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next