Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 2 of 64 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by MouseLover Sun 19 Jun 2016, 12:30 pm

It's Honey's half-birthday today! Mice don't get enough Birthdays, so I celebrate every 6 months, i.e. half-birthdays! Honey is 18 months old now, and will be getting a party later today lol.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 19 Jun 2016, 12:31 pm

My elderly girls look like they've been dying for 6 months, lol.  It will be interesting to see how long they hang on. I think we're gonna celebrate monthly bdays for these ladies now!
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 19 Jun 2016, 12:36 pm

Good idea! Every month past 2 is something to be really chuffed about and definitely worth celebrating!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 21 Jun 2016, 3:43 pm

Today I cleaned my closet and found my medical terminology textbooks. I couldn't sell them back because they're loose leaf, but I didn't know what to do with them and it seemed silly to just toss them into the recycling... Wonder if I can shred them. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:04 pm

I have so many obsolete (expensive) nursing books I sitting in my living room.  I have been trying to figure out what to do with them.  I guess I can take them to the thrift store.  someone might want to learn stuff recreationally, I suppose.

also, I found a lot of grey hairs on my head today Tearful
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:25 pm

Set up a little play area for my hamster (who I have decided to name Archie) but he'd rather climb around on me. I put him back down to play but he turns around and runs straight back up my legs and then up my arms. He runs around on me super fast but he's clumsy so it makes me nervous lol. He's mental, not a sit still kind of hamster, but seems to love human climbing frames and jumping between two hands. He does his own stunts, with the enthusiasm of Tom Cruise and the co-ordination of a tiny drunk person. So I put my duvet and lots of pillows down Laughing

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:38 pm

He's a dwarf, right? They are like marshmallows. I'm not sure if he's fat yet, he might be too young. But they get real plump. They probably bounce when they fall! They sure do love rough and tumble play. So fun. I love chasing mine around and tickling her. She loves to play. Always begging to come out and when she's got free range time, she always comes when I call her. Ack, she's such a good girl!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:39 pm

Yes he's a dwarf, a winter white Very Happy he is sooo squishy it's ridiculous, he looks like a ball of fat and fur. Especially when you're used to lovely slim athletic mice. He's so boisterous and nutty, I love him, he's completely manic climbing all over me.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:49 pm

Ah, I wonder if the library would take in my books... probably not.

MouseLover wrote:He does his own stunts, with the enthusiasm of Tom Cruise and the co-ordination of a tiny drunk person.
This is the funniest description! Archie sounds like a blast. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:34 pm

I love how round their butts are. They are like tuny little baby bear cubs. I can't get enough of that fat little body type!
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:46 pm

I had a dwarf hamster once and it was really crazy,  any item that went in the cage got attacked, including human fingers. My friend adored my hamster so she decided to pet it when I left the room one day (After I warned her not to), and I came back and she said it bit her. It bit my dad, too, and now he's afraid of rodents, including my mice Razz. I got bit by her as well and it really  stung. That's when I decided never to get a dwarf hamster again, that was scary. She lived 4 years!
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:49 am

That's a shame you had such a bad experience. Archie doesn't bite (except for gentle "testing" nibbles sometimes) and is a lot of fun, so dwarf hamsters are definitely not all bad. I wouldn't write them off.

They do seem to have such a bad reputation though! Maybe lots of people buy dwarf hams that haven't been socialized properly at pet stores?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:35 am

MouseLover wrote:That's a shame you had such a bad experience. Archie doesn't bite (except for gentle "testing" nibbles sometimes) and is a lot of fun, so dwarf hamsters are definitely not all bad. I wouldn't write them off.

They do seem to have such a bad reputation though! Maybe lots of people buy dwarf hams that haven't been socialized properly at pet stores?
I bought mine from a private breeder, she was a sweetheart for about a week, then things went downhill. I handled her every day until she started to act like that. Some people say they are the best pets, others say they make horrible pets, it's weird. My experiences with mice seem to be a lot better, and I'm happy with mice. Just wish they lived longer, it's kind of sad they only live around two years, if you're lucky Sad. After she started to act like that it was really scary to clean her cage and feed/water her, but somehow it was managed with not too many bites...
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:00 pm

Mice are such gentle souls, I'm glad you're having a better time with them Smile Just put my hand in Archie's cage and gave him a stroke - he started licking my hand Smile guess I got lucky!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 22 Jun 2016, 3:03 pm

We've had a few hamsters over the years. I say we but really they were my sons' pets, I just supervised their care. We did have one very territorial winter white. I teasingly called her "Psycho Ninja Hamster" because she once took a flying leap across the cage to bite my hand when I reached in to adjust a toy.  I didn't see her coming until it was too late and I was bleeding.  She mellowed some after a while but remained more of a watch don't touch pet. The first dwarf we had was the sweetest hamster and loved to be held and petted. The second dwarf (the ninja was the third) wasn't too into being held but tolerated us somewhat. I don't remember what species those first two were.  We had a Syrian at the same time as the ninja (housed separately of course) that was a sweetie. Then the last hamster we had was another Syrian who was an absolute sweetheart. She passed in 2014 I think.  I've been so tempted to pick up a roborovski for a while now but I'm really at my pet limit. Well, over with the kittens but hopefully we'll find homes!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 64 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 64  Next