Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 33 of 64 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 48 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 33 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Peachy Sat 11 Mar 2017, 1:44 pm

My Pigsly had something green for lunch! Laughing
Random Thoughts - Page 33 20170315
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 12 Mar 2017, 6:10 pm

Aww, cute, Peachy! Also a little scary at the same time! Lol.  Laughing

Look at the size difference here!
Blossom on the left, Clover on the right, and Holly in the middle. Aww!!! This group of girls always snuggles out in the open Smile
Random Thoughts - Page 33 Img_4111
Random Thoughts - Page 33 Img_4110

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 6:14 pm

He likes to ram his cheeks into his water bottle, which must be what made it run. Usually lettuce doesn't stain his face so much, just a little on the sides. Rofl2 Love

Cute girls. Smile

Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 13 Mar 2017, 2:54 am

Whoa, what a funny group of mice! Cuddles are the bestest Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 13 Mar 2017, 2:11 pm

I picked up some chicken for Hamtaro. Just freeze dried, white meat chicken. Nothing special. My cat (Abaddon) is going crazy trying to steal it! Cat18 I was barely even in the door from the store and he already poked a bunch of teeth holes in the bag. Brat.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 13 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

lol, kevin does stuff like that. but maya is a real PITA. she'll jump in the kiddie pool playground, refuse to leave and start eating the hamster/mouse food in the dish. she loves it. she wants to be a little critter so bad.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 13 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm

Now that is funny! Happy Though I imagine she makes a mess of the play pool.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 13 Mar 2017, 3:24 pm

she sure does. she's usually really sweet but when she's in there and I try to get her out.... she hisses and growls! so bizarre.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 13 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm

On the subject of cat weirdness, here's one for you all that's hard to top. Bochy has developed a new very bad and deliberate habit: if I don't get out of bed fast enough to suit her when she thinks it's time to be fed, she jumps up on the bed and pees right next to me!!! This first happened about 2 weeks ago and I was wholly unaware until I woke up and found wetness (I knew I didn't do it). Stripped the bed, laundered all of the bedding, sprayed the mattress with pet odor getter-outer, turned on the ceiling fan to dry the bed. The same thing happened three days later on a different part of the bed! The only solution was to bar the cat from the bedroom and the hardship was on me as I don't like sleeping with doors closed. She doesn't like me trying to trim her nails (a nice chomp through the tip of my finger to get her point across) so I brought Bochy to the vet for a nail trim last Thursday thinking that maybe she'd gotten her long claws caught on the comforter, panicked and peed. Friday night I let her back into the bedroom and all was well, cat and Mom all snuggly...until this morning. She's usually fed at 7am and started to pester me at 6:30. When I told her she'd have to wait a bit she jumped back up on the bed, climbed across my chest and peed on my elbow!! I wasn't too stunned to swat her on the butt, yell BAD CAT and chase her from the room. Mattress cleaned, bedding washed once again, I actually looked into turning her back into Animal Control but there's a $51 charge to surrender your own pet so that's a no-go. I'm so angry at her: between the whole IDB mess -- million dollar food, ongoing meds and vomit on the rugs (not her fault, of course) -- and now this vile peeing thing (which is her fault), I'm swinging at the end of my proverbial rope. #$@! cat Bad Day

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 13 Mar 2017, 7:20 pm

Oh my goodness! What a little shiitake mushroom! Wow. I don't even know what to say about that! You know, $51.00 isn't that bad, considering all that you have spent already... If is really that bad. I'm sorry you got a funky cat. I've never had to deal work anything like that before. Does she do anything good?

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 13 Mar 2017, 7:29 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Oh my goodness!  What a little shiitake mushroom!  Wow.  I don't even know what to say about that!  You know, $51.00 isn't that bad, considering all that you have spent already... If is really that bad.  I'm sorry you got a funky cat.  I've never had to deal work anything like that before.  Does she do anything good?

The sad thing is that she's a very affectionate cat, quite content to sit on me as soon as a lap is formed, purring away, giving little love bites and raspy kisses. That's just what I wanted from a cat at my stage of life. That and the fact that she doesn't have the least bit of interest in Imogene, even when the latter runs into her with the exercise ball, make her a good cat but the rest of it.....

Even if I spring for the $51 and give her back to Animal Control, I'd certainly tell them about the IBD! Once they know that, she really wouldn't be suitable for adoption so they'd probably just put her down. I could have that done at my vet's office but she'd probably think I was totally nuts after spending all that $$$ on the little beast. Poor cat has been walking around all day talking to me but I've been ignoring her -- even when she sat on me earlier, I refused to pet her I'm so mad. Really don't know what I'm going to do.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 13 Mar 2017, 8:22 pm

Eek. My oldest rescue cat lived in a dog kennel her first days home... had a bed, a litter box, and food and water. It was like a little cat apartment. Giggling Maybe you could close your kitty up in a separate room overnight? Maybe after a few weeks she would knock it off.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 13 Mar 2017, 9:17 pm

Did you mention it to your vet?  Sometimes a cat peeing in odd places can be a signal that something's wrong health wise, like a UTI.  Though it does sound more like a behavioral/stress thing but I think I would still mention it to the vet just in case.  See what they think.

Another thing I want to add, but please don't take it the wrong way -I do understand your frustration- but swatting and yelling at her may actually make things worse, not better. Especially if it is stress related.  It may be better to try not to react at all.  Kind of like a child that does something just for attention.  Even a negative reaction is still giving them what they want.  If you can, try to find a way to keep her out of your room until you get to the bottom of it.

Has anything else changed?  Food, litter, your routine?  Anything that could have her more stressed than usual.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 14 Mar 2017, 12:21 am

CallaLily wrote:Did you mention it to your vet?  Sometimes a cat peeing in odd places can be a signal that something's wrong health wise, like a UTI.  Though it does sound more like a behavioral/stress thing but I think I would still mention it to the vet just in case.  See what they think.

Another thing I want to add, but please don't take it the wrong way -I do understand your frustration- but swatting and yelling at her may actually make things worse, not better. Especially if it is stress related.  It may be better to try not to react at all.  Kind of like a child that does something just for attention.  Even a negative reaction is still giving them what they want.  If you can, try to find a way to keep her out of your room until you get to the bottom of it.

Has anything else changed?  Food, litter, your routine?  Anything that could have her more stressed than usual.

Yes, I know reacting/overreacting is not the optimum way to go and I immediately rued giving her a butt swat; however, it was such a smack in the face to have her do that after all of the nothing-but- kindness I've shown her these past four months. I tell her that she's bankrupting me with vet bills, Rxs and special food but I still provide them as well as a lap handy for napping and lots of petting.

The weird thing, CallaLily, is that Bochy is her usual self other than for this new dreadful pee thing. She doesn't go up on the bed or into the bedroom during the day. I did change to a lighter weight comforter because we're already up to the high 80s out here and did change her litter from the disgustingly heavy-scented Tidy Cat 4-n-1 Scoopable to Tidy Cat Glade Scoopable -- the former litter was playing havoc with my allergies -- but she uses the litter box at all other times, regardless of the litter within. My routine has been the same for over a year as I've become more disabled: I'm always home except for my Wednesday and Friday morning shifts at the museum.

Bochy will, once more, be barred from the bedroom as I'll have to keep the door closed again. This is hard on me for several reasons: the master bedroom is the hottest/coldest room without air circulation from the rest of the house and, as I get older, my claustrophobia has gotten worse so closed doors keeping me in amp up my stress level. As Roseanne Rosannadana used to say, "It's always something. If it's not one thing, it's another."

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 14 Mar 2017, 8:20 am

I totally get it. I do. btdt. It is hard not to react - cat or kid.

You have done so much for her, I know. You've gone above and beyond what many others would have and that's so awesome! But she's just a cat. She's not thinking like that. I briefly read a few articles on stressed/anxious kitties. Some are so sensitive they will react to the smallest changes. It may just take her some time to adjust - even to something as silly as a different comforter. Do those "kitty calm" sprays/plug ins/etc work? Could be something to try. But then maybe she is just being a brat and for that only time, patience, and redirecting will work.

Is there a room you could put her in at night, instead of shutting your door? A bathroom maybe? Hopefully you don't have to add more stress on yourself. You're important too!

If it really does come down to being a brat about getting her food at a specific time and nothing else works - have you thought about an automated feeder? Though I know that's shelling out even more cash and may not even help.

I hope you can work it out. She sounds like a great kitty otherwise. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 64 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 48 ... 64  Next