Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 3 of 64 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by MouseLover Thu 23 Jun 2016, 9:55 am

Roborovskis do look really fun, so tiny and fast Smile I was tempted.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 24 Jun 2016, 2:01 pm

Well, the Brexit went through, so I guess Britain is leaving the EU now! This ought to be interesting.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:07 pm

Lol, my grandma's been running around yelling that she'll never be able to retire now. She'd be much happier if she watched less news. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 24 Jun 2016, 6:52 pm

Not sure how much you guys hear about the Brexit stuff over there, but the EU is run by unelected officials, and of the 72 times Britain has disagreed with EU they have been voted down 72 times by other countries. So unelected people decide the fate of 28 countries. It's not a proper democracy, so I voted to leave. There are a lot of valid concerns over the economy, but I'd rather be poorer and free than rich and dictated over lol. That's my point of view, as one of the 52% anyway.

It's been crazy here today, a lot of very angry people, everyone talking politics all day. Kinda scary, but an interesting moment in history to be a part of. No one has ever left the EU before!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm

I've heard a little bit about it, here and there. My sister was watching a daily show episode about this stuff.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:14 pm

Interesting, MouseLover! I don't follow any particular news stations or whatever (I find what I like and if it's a big enough story I hear about it somehow, lol), so most of what I know is what you've said there. Embarrassed
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:15 pm

We're sorta happy because it makes our dollars go further now that the pound's value has dropped!
I haven't really looked into it much, as I don't follow politics, but whatever. Still sorta interesting. Just watching the world...

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Sat 25 Jun 2016, 4:18 am

The uni-student population of Cambridge in the UK has gone absolutely crazy over Britain leaving (at least the ones I know). My facebook newsfeed was an angry mass of posts about it, and continues to be so today - I posted a cute picture of Colin and left them to it - a cute mouse photo solves all problems...right?

There's currently a petition doing the rounds asking for a 2nd referendum because it was so close (52% for leaving, 48% for staying). I can't decide whether this is a good idea or just 'sore losers' (possibly a harsh term). Personally I'm in the 52%, much to the annoyance of a lot of my friends, but while they don't think the same way, they at least admit I've reached my decision in as logical, well-informed manner as possible! (Oh and I don't believe that we'll suddenly get a large amount of money going to the NHS...)

I'm quite amazed at how engaged everyone has become by it - so much more so than a general election! I know its a big decision for the country, but suddenly all talk eventually drifts back to the referendum! Makes a change from football or Glastonbury I suppose!

That ended up quite a long random thought hahaha...its been a big thing here though and I'm not the most politically minded, although becoming more so recently - voting is a way to try and make a change for what I believe might be good for this country!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 25 Jun 2016, 11:41 am

MouseLover and stephlisa, I've been reading about the Brexit issue for months and, typical Libra/lawyer, see the validity of the arguments on both sides. Were I in your position, I, too, would have voted to leave the EU for the reasons you both noted plus others. Bottom line is that it was a very brave decision to make by the 52%, knowing that there will be, at minimum, negative economic ramifications for the foreseeable future. That said, having more control over immigration, how national monies are spent, regaining a stronger sense of national identity, etc, are positive tradeoffs to me. We here in the US will be facing a similar dilemma this fall when we vote for our next President...kind of a "between a rock and a hard place" decision with no clear wholly positive outcome.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 25 Jun 2016, 5:31 pm

Stephlisa - sounds like we were in the same boat. Are you under 25 by any chance? Most young people voted to stay and were absolutely raging about it all over facebook. Disappointment, I can understand, but the things that were said about the 52% that voted to leave, quite frankly, were disgusting. I voted leave because I believe in democracy. I do not want to be ruled by unelected people who we cannot vote out. I believe that we did a brave thing, taking a leap into the unknown, choosing freedom over fear. But instead I was called a xenophobe and a racist idiot. I am anything of the sort. And I hate Nigel Farage! Elitist youths are looking down their noses at the old and uneducated who were most likely to vote leave. In my eyes, the older generation are more experienced (some remember life before the EU) and are more engaged with news and politics... I would rather trust them than people who have been adults for a few years!! And as for the "uneducated" (people holding no formal qualifications), this simply means working class people, who at the end of the day, are the ones who are most affected by issues such as immigration, so it is understandable if they want to be able to control numbers. Those who have money have an attitude of (as the British say) "I'm alright Jack", so of course they would be less likely to vote for change.

Those wanting a re-vote are a disgrace to democracy. Shall we keep voting until they get the result they want? Laughing Let's not forget- about 50% of the rest of the EU countries want their own referendum!! It's not just Britain, clearly something isn't working here. I know many people across Europe who feel inspired by our vote and hope that we lead the way and that other countries will follow Smile I hope it happens for them.

MesaMouse - I don't envy your next vote, I don't like either Trump or Hillary Clinton Sad from the little I've heard I think I would have liked Bernie Sanders better.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 25 Jun 2016, 10:57 pm

My current thought is mouse related, but I thought I'd post it here anyway Razz. I'm getting two new girls tomorrow! I'm going to have a colony of four once I introduce them in a week or two - can't wait! I wonder what colors and adorable faces there will be to choose from..

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Sun 26 Jun 2016, 4:05 am

MouseLover: yep under 25, well only just, I'm 24 and now living close to where I graduated from uni. I'm in the uni's ceilidh band which doesn't actually care if you're a student or not, hence I know a lot of 18-25 year olds! And a few older ones.

The majority wanted to stay in the EU but I know of a couple who voted to leave as well!

I'm actually terrified of telling them that I voted to leave! I'm not a xenophobe or racist, most people who know me know I couldn't hurt anyone intentionally and I'd be more likely to step in and help! I just believe that leaving is going to be the best option, but what they say about people who voted leave feels hurtful and I just wouldn't be able to cope if it was aimed at me intentionally! We have the right to a secret vote, I'm just sad that people take to Facebook and twitter to complain bitterly and hurtfully.

I've been brought up to respect the elderly, and I hate the way people are saying its their fault. I also trust the decisions of most elderly people in this matter because they are often more informed. I know people who say that Oxford, Cambridge and other uni towns voted remain and say that that's clearly because they are well educated - I think its actually because they know EU nationals or they want to be able move into EU to study without the hassle of visas (I'm cynical sometimes!)! I would call myself well educated...I voted leave.

We did win by a majority, however small. And I don't see why a second referendum will change that. I've seen people regretting their 'leave' vote in the news based on the affects the news has reported, I don't regret my vote! We just have to work through this, with a good leader I think we will do well l and manage to negotiate a fair deal - I say fair, not necessarily everything we want!

I hope other countries get a referendum too if they want one!

The main thing I hope for the country is that we can stop being divided, I really do hope that.

MesaMouse: I don't envy the US votes either! And yes, despite the short-term economic impact, I think having more control will be great too!

Anon: yay! Exciting! Don't forget about quarantine time - I recall its about 3 weeks but I've not had experience with female colonies!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 27 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm

I have jury duty coming up! Yay. The last time it was some murder thing, a drive by shooting. They never got to me for questions (thankfully) but it took three days before I was dismissed and it was so interesting to watch! I kept the juror badge and used it as a bookmark for a couple years. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:25 pm

I first read the "yay" as sarcastic abeona, but it sounds like you actually enjoy jury duty? I thought that most people hate jury duty? I've not had to do it before so don't know what it's like Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:37 pm

I think it would be fascinating for someone with a long attention span. Does your jurisdiction pay you for jury service, Abeona?  In Rhode Island, I got $15 for one day back in 2003.
Here in L.A, there is no pay. Not even luch or transportation. Since they don't call it 'slavery' or 'indentured servitude,' I presume that it is voluntary. It can NOT be legal by anyone's legalese to force someone to work for no pay. In '10, 11 and 12, I got the paperwork sent to me every twelve months to the exact week. Then my driver's license expired in 2012, so I've not been called. Only people on the DMV rolls are used for juries!
I've been considering getting a new ID soon, but it is going to result in the resumption of jury duty notices, so I'm going to have to ponder a while longer.

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 64 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33 ... 64  Next