Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 28 of 64 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 46 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 28 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 23 Jan 2017, 9:35 pm

What an odd find, CallaLily! I use Clean and Cozy for my hamster and I haven't noticed any foreign objects yet, but I'll be on the lookout!

Is it in any way possible that i'm allergic to..... medical tape AND band aids?!?! Confused

I've been allergic to actual band aids for a while and don't use them anymore. I was always ok with medical tape though. And when Scout bit me, I used medical tape as a band aid. Now it's even worse than when he bit me, so apparently I shouldn't use medical tape OR band aids anymore! I wasn't allergic to medical tape before...? Don't Know

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 23 Jan 2017, 9:46 pm

Hehe, never tried medical tape but I always have a bandaid shaped rash after using a bandaid. Laughing

Today I bought a cat tree. I'm so amused that it costs less than my mouse cage (which is cheaper now than when I bought it... grr, lol). I always wanted to buy one but didn't do it because of the price. Now I've spent almost $300 in like three days. What the heck has gotten into me? Rofl2
Random Thoughts - Page 28 20170134
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:37 am

Is it the materials the bandage and tape are made from or the adhesive? That stinks. I've recently developed a few allergies I never had before starting around August. I can't eat raw fruit without breaking out in huge hives. Ragweed (I think) and I'm starting to suspect cats. I'm thinking about talking to my doctor about it and see about testing to confirm.

Nice, @Peachy. I always eye the cat trees at the pet store but haven't splurged on one yet. Looks like your cats are loving it!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 24 Jan 2017, 11:02 am

Whee, we've officially lost the ".forumotion" part of our address.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 24 Jan 2017, 2:43 pm

CallaLily wrote:Is it the materials the bandage and tape are made from or the adhesive?  That stinks.  I've recently developed a few allergies I never had before starting around August. I can't eat raw fruit without breaking out in huge hives. Ragweed (I think) and I'm starting to suspect cats.  I'm thinking about talking to my doctor about it and see about testing to confirm.

Nice, @Peachy. I always eye the cat trees at the pet store but haven't splurged on one yet.  Looks like your cats are loving it!
I really don't know! Just when ever I put on a band aid or medical tape now, the place where the band aid or medical tape was will blister up. This time not only did it blister up, but a big cut formed in the top layer of my skin. I have no idea how an allergy could do that. But now not only do I have a bite from Scout on that finger, I have blisters and a cut, and I can't use any band aids or it'll get worse! Rolling Eyes

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:13 pm

Peachy wrote:Whee, we've officially lost the ".forumotion" part of our address.
Awesome! I still type the .forummotion because I've gotten used to it lol, but that's ok, it redirects me Razz

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm

I was going to pay for it, but I think we actually got it for free because of our forum's activity. I haven't bothered to change it in my bookmarks either, though.

The best part is that we were able to set up mailboxes. Like peachy@petmousefanciers.com. Gmail's security made it kind of tricky for scaredy and I to share an account. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 25 Jan 2017, 3:38 pm

Hooray

That's great!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 01 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm

I just ordered stuff for my new cage... which is supposed to come in the next couple weeks! I cannooooot wait. Those little baby mice I've got have good timing, showing up when I feel like shopping. Haha

One of the colored bridges is for Frog, though. He has an egg carton leading to his homemade topper, but it's not as sturdy as we'd prefer.

Random Thoughts - Page 28 Screen20
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 01 Feb 2017, 6:26 pm

Nice! Love that little house.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:06 am

I just saw 2 mice for adoption on Craigslist for FREE, which rarely happens. I really want to adopt them if they are girls, but I don't think I have the time to give another boy attention. The owner has them separated because they "Don't get along", which could be a sign that they are males. I definitely have the resources, I have an empty ten gallon and plenty of bedding, toys, and food to go around. Is 9 mice too much though? I'm perfectly fine with caring for them and all, but people think I'm crazy already because I have 7. If I get 2 more, will people start calling me the "crazy mouse lady"? Laughing (instead of the crazy cat lady). For people with a lot of mice, do you ever get things said to you like that? People tell me 7 is a lot, is 2 more going to make a huge difference? Lol, people can't believe I know each of them as an individual and know each personality and name.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 02 Feb 2017, 6:04 am

If you have room for them and any extra cages you might need, the necessary supplies and money for possible vet visits, and time to interact with all of them. I say go for it.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 02 Feb 2017, 12:19 pm

I agree that if you have all you need to properly care for them and you want them, there's not really any good reason not to give them a good home. And as long as you're able to be responsible about it, there's also nothing wrong with enjoying and caring for a different species, or with animal fancy as a hobby. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:12 pm

Yeah, I have an allowance for monthly things like bedding and anything that needs to be replaced if it suddenly breaks. I have a vet fund which I am constantly putting money into and promising myself I will not open the jar and once that money is in there, it stays in there (And you know me, I have a coupon for a free visit to one of the best exotic vets in the area as well Laughing ) So I get my first visit to the vet free, then I have the vet fund after that (Let's hope I have no need to use my vet fund though!). I definitely have the time for more girls, but since boys need more attention, I probably couldn't handle another boy Smile

Also, how would my colonies work? My 20g long is at it's max capacity with 5 girls, so these "girls" let's call them for now until I know for sure, would have to be their own pair in the 10 gallon, would it be best for me to keep them in a trio.. as in getting another girl for them? Or will they probably be fine as a pair?

The owner has their cages outside on the photo, and boy do I really hope that was just for the photo Shocked

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:15 pm

If they seem to get on well as a pair, you could just leave them that way. If there's lots of squabbling then you could either adopt a third girl for them or evaluate your group of five for someone who might do well with them.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 64 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 46 ... 64  Next