Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 30 of 64 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 30 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:40 am

Eek! We found a bunny rabbit!
http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/134579-we-caught-a-rabbit/#entry1467065

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit Cat Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:39 pm

I love how Cotton comes out whenever I'm in the room.... His little belly is so cute! Very Happy

Pets: Bandit (cat), Yahtzee, Peanut, and Gingersnap (gerbils), Cotton (mouse), Calypso and Merlin (bettas), my 60 gallon fish tank, discus tank, shrimp tank, guppy tank and a new bearded dragon called Simber!
Bandit Cat
Bandit Cat

Daring

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 09 Feb 2017, 8:48 pm

What major city are you near? I could reach out to some rescues I know to see if I can find one near you. The really small ones (like me) aren't listed.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:26 pm

I'm not really comfortable with saying anything other than the fact that I'm in CA. Thank you for willing to help though, Scaredy! I think if I can't find any rescues I'll put an ad on Craigslist with a high rehoming fee... like $40, do you think that's enough? And the pet store I will try to make my last resort, because if I give him to the pet store, they will likely sell him to someone that will give him a small pet store cage. If he gets adopted through Craigslist, I am going to make sure to research and put together a paper for the person who adopts him - That way, they'll at least have a paper on proper care. I'm waiting to hear back from a rescue that one of our dogs came from - they are a really nice rescue and hopefully they'll accept him.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:45 pm

Anyone ever look into Amazon Smile? I just learned about it today! I guess they donate a percentage of your order payments to a charity that you choose. Sounds kinda cool! I chose a bat conservation group that I donate too, lol. Don't know if this is the forum where I've gotten into my bat-love before, but I love bats. Love Bat Love
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 16 Feb 2017, 6:59 pm

Yayyyyy! I found an 8 inch mesh wheel at a thrift store today for 2 bucks!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 16 Feb 2017, 9:29 pm

Peachy wrote:Anyone ever look into Amazon Smile? I just learned about it today! I guess they donate a percentage of your order payments to a charity that you choose. Sounds kinda cool! I chose a bat conservation group that I donate too, lol. Don't know if this is the forum where I've gotten into my bat-love before, but I love bats. Love Bat Love

I've always been a bat fan, too. Do you watch the Fruit Bat/Vampire Bat cams on Explore.org? They went online in October and I'm in love with all of them, especially the humongous Flying Foxes!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 20 Feb 2017, 9:56 pm

It's so frustrating when people insist mesh wheels are dangerous and tell you your mice are at risk for bumblefoot, broken limbs, etc. Even after you explain why mesh wheels are fine, they still correct you. It makes me just want to go buy solid wheels for all the mice, even though there's nothing wrong with mesh. This is me right now lol:
Random Thoughts - Page 30 Holida10

I have a feeling even if I got solid wheels, people would find a problem with them too. Undecided

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 21 Feb 2017, 7:49 am

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
I have a feeling even if I got solid wheels, people would find a problem with them too.  Undecided

They would. There's always going to be someone who finds fault in what you do. You can't please them all!  You just have to do the research and make the decision you feel is best for your pets. You can offer them a little insight when they complain or link them to a more up-to-date source but after that it's up to them what conclusions they come to. I recently saw someone insist flying saucer were terribly unsafe for hamsters!  Laughing Rolling Eyes  I also recently saw someone claim Carefresh and other paper beddings were absolutely horrible for mice. To me both of these claims are ridiculous but it's just their point of view. Don't Know

Bottom line is, all wheels have their own pros and cons. We know mesh wheels work great for mice and any risk people claim there is, is actually really low. All wheels have some risk of freak accident. There's a gentleman on Facebook (the mouse palace guy) who's kept many many mice for many many years and he says he's never had a mesh wheel related injury. And he keeps very large groups - way past what we tend to recommend here.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:12 pm

I'm so in love with this boy. He's nearing 28 months old, and is officially my oldest mouse ever! Love
Random Thoughts - Page 30 Dscn9410
Random Thoughts - Page 30 Dscn9411
Random Thoughts - Page 30 Dscn9412

And look at these noses that love their coconut! I've found all seven girls trying to fit themselves in there at once. Might have to buy another one. lol
Random Thoughts - Page 30 20170216
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:45 pm

He's catching up with my record holding Furgie! I love Yoshi... may you have more months together! He looks super healthy Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:47 pm

OMG Anonymous, that picture!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 25 Feb 2017, 5:41 pm

I'm an active member on 3 forums now! Lol. Two mouse forums and a hamster forum. I'm going to be busy.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 26 Feb 2017, 6:12 pm

Ahhhh! My dad loves reptiles so we went to a reptile show with him today. There was a booth with the cutest little mice, all male though, otherwise I would have come home with a trio! I wanted them all Worry They also had hairless rats (being sold as pets) and robo hamsters! Oh oh, and I heard there was a hedgehog, I didn't get to see it though Sad

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 27 Feb 2017, 2:18 am

That sounds like so much fun! And a hedgehog! Even more fun. Razz Shame you didn't get to meet him.

I've heard you can often find some pretty neat varieties at reptile shows. Do you know why there were only males? I wonder if they would have let you adopt females if you asked.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 64 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47 ... 64  Next