Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 47 of 64 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 55 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 47 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:51 am

Awww so sweet that the girls are taking care of him. Is he able to be in with the girls because of his age, no risk of pregnancy? He is such a cute old man!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 16 Oct 2017, 5:28 am

Awww, Yoshi! Heart

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 16 Oct 2017, 7:48 am

At the time i introduced them, the girls were young enough that if they got pregnant they would be okay. I read a study that males are likely to be infertile when they're 26 months old, and Yoshi was kind of, err, "shriveled" so I assumed nothing would be happening.

I don't know if I'd do the same for anyone else, though. Yoshi is just my special thing. lol I thought he could really use a big distraction to help him finally kick his scratching habit. I had nearly lost him once before, it would have been cruel to lose him to OCD after his 2nd birthday. Worry
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 16 Oct 2017, 8:49 am

Peachy wrote:At the time i introduced them, the girls were young enough that if they got pregnant they would be okay. I read a study that males are likely to be infertile when they're 26 months old, and Yoshi was kind of, err, "shriveled" so I assumed nothing would be happening.

I don't know if I'd do the same for anyone else, though. Yoshi is just my special thing. lol I thought he could really use a big distraction to help him finally kick his scratching habit. I had nearly lost him once before, it would have been cruel to lose him to OCD after his 2nd birthday. Worry

That is so interesting and a great idea. So very nice Yoshi has the girls tending to him and has company. So sweet Jump Hearts
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:44 pm

Yes, it's so sweet! I know it's a bit unconvential, but I don't know if he'd still be doing it on his own. Here's him with one of his angels a few months ago.
Random Thoughts - Page 47 20171018

Mouse behavior is so fascinating! There was another article that looked at how members in a colony will respond to one that's sick or in pain... mice in lower rankings are more likely to tend to the most dominant mouse, but the dominant mouse will spend equal time among her girls. I love that they're not like, "You're on your own dude!" Love your alphas! Love
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 16 Oct 2017, 10:37 pm

Peachy wrote:Yes, it's so sweet! I know it's a bit unconvential, but I don't know if he'd still be doing it on his own. Here's him with one of his angels a few months ago.
Random Thoughts - Page 47 20171018

Mouse behavior is so fascinating! There was another article that looked at how members in a colony will respond to one that's sick or in pain... mice in lower rankings are more likely to tend to the most dominant mouse, but the dominant mouse will spend equal time among her girls. I love that they're not like, "You're on your own dude!" Love your alphas! Love

Aww, such a sweet photo. Yoshi is one lucky little man!
It really is wonderful how they look after one another, they are so compassionate.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 22 Oct 2017, 10:39 pm

In April my left eye started doing this thing where it got super red for a couple days, went back to normal for a couple days, then got super red again. For two months it did that, and it was so predictable that I was able to plan stuff around it. I started taking an allergy pill and then it stopped in June. Then I stopped taking the allergy pill in mid-August. And now my right eye is doing it. So I guess it's back to allergy fighting. Sigh

But also, my T.V. broke and I can't sleep in the dark. I'm so creeped out in the dark. When I was a kid, in the dark, toys left lying on the floor were suddenly possessed pieces of wiggly poo. And once, I was thoroughly convinced that a vacuum/lamp was someone waiting in the dark. I woke up at 4 and was terrified, and then my cat jumped on me and I woke everyone up screaming. I CAN'T sleep in the dark. Ack. Stupid T.V. could have at least waited until I got paid. Crying or Very sad
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 22 Oct 2017, 11:07 pm

I sleep with the TV on too haha. I wouldn't say I'm afraid of the dark, I just don't like to be in the dark. I leave the sound on as well, I don't like silence at night, because I hear the slightest little sound outside and it scares me Nail biting

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:08 am

Ha. I like the light but not the noise. I mute the TV and then turn on one song to repeat all night. Razz
We have a stash of old Tv's in the basement so I have my light. I also have a dog, two cats, a toddler, and my husband. Couldn't be more snug! Saw a shadow outside when I went to lock my car. Scared Silly Laugh
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:32 am

Glad you got your nightlight back. Very Happy  

I have trouble sleeping without a fan running.  Mostly for the noise. When it's very quiet I tend to wake up to panic attacks. Took me a while to figure what that was and what helped.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:43 pm

It's neat that a fan works for you! It was only a few weeks ago that I figured out that picking a song to concentrate on puts me to sleep quickly. It's also a great distraction from pain! lol I bought a small fan a few years ago to keep by the bed but never stuck with it because I'm usually frozen, except for the weirdo days when I'm just hoooot. Hot

Unfortunately, the "new" TV is an old one, so there's no cable. Which means Netflix on the laptop until bedtime. Which means horror movies until bedtime. Which probably has something to do with not liking the dark. But everything else is boring!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:29 pm

I'm the same with fans too! LOL! I sleep with both the fan and the TV on... People think I'm weird, but I just can't sleep without both of those.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:10 am

Oh my, I just found these cage pictures on Google. Crazy! It's great how far we've come in pet care, I feel bad for the pets that had to live in these though:
Random Thoughts - Page 47 Chip1010
Random Thoughts - Page 47 80757f10
Random Thoughts - Page 47 Xxx_8910

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Mon 30 Oct 2017, 11:48 am

Oh wow, that's horrible! The wheel is almost bigger than the cage! Not to mention that the wire bar wheels and how uncomfortable a cage it looks for a mouse to live in.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:19 pm

I bought this old cage at a thrift store a couple years ago, but my big doofy dog squashed it and I threw it out just this morning after cleaning the garage. Razz I think I found it was from the 60s or 70s. Wonder what was used for litter then, as certainly none of it would stay inside the cage! lol
Random Thoughts - Page 47 Il_57010
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 64 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 55 ... 64  Next