Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 4 of 64 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Peachy Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:44 pm

I was 19 and "babysat" a 10 and 12 year old four days a week for 10 hours a day, so it didn't bother me that I had to go. I can see how it would be inconvenient to people with better things to do, though.

I think for three days, I got like $86. Had to find my own lunch, though. The only close place I knew of was Burger King. lol It's weird that you don't get paid, and would definitely suck to get summomed so often! My mom has never had to go. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:49 am

In Arizona, jurors are compensated for mileage or are given a rail/bus pass. There is a small daily stipend but, if you are employed, your employer is obligated to pay you while you're on jury duty so no stipend; if you're unemployed or retired, you will receive the stipend. I've been called several times but have never been chosen -- the prosecution has often wanted me when they discover, during voir dire, that I'm an attorney (long out of that field now) but I was always 86'd by the defense!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 28 Jun 2016, 5:00 pm

Laughing How neat, lucky you! My favorite part was when a firefighter said he wouldn't want to be responsible for deciding, and the defense laughed and said that made her want him more. lol

I was watering my plants and saying stuff like, "Afternoon, Phil. Thirsty?" Hope I'm not the only one who names everything. My truck is named Trucky Wucky. Wink
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:18 pm

I saw a weird article once about how plants remember people who talk to them nicely... Wish I could remember where I read it, or at least remember the specifics lol. But keep at it abeona Wink lol

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm

Aw, that's so cute!! We name all our cars. We have Suzie (the Suzuki Vitara) and Sienna (the Toyota Sienna) at the moment. So we're not super creative, but still Laughing
The mosquitos spraying here seems to have killed all the butterflies, just when my milkweed is growing really well. Grr. SadMad

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:40 pm

Interesting, MouseLover! Plants are so fun. I love watching my leaves open and close during the day. My grocery store had little fly eating things near the registers last year. I so wanted one, but I had no space. lol

My first car was a 1993 Chevy Lumina named Lola. After a year, Lola's tire caved in so I sold her for $200 and bought Trucky Wucky. Not creative either. Laughing

I hope some butterflies will find their way back to you soon! On the plus side, no mosquitoes? Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 29 Jun 2016, 2:20 am

I talk to all my plants in the garden and give them words of encouragement if they don't look happy, and sometimes I might pet a leaf.  My neighbors probably think I'm nuts... I don't hear them talking to their plants.

oh my gosh, I am eating a croissant donut right now and its pretty great Smile

Last edited by scaredymouse on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : donuts!)
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 29 Jun 2016, 8:34 am

Artistwolf wrote:Aw, that's so cute!! We name all our cars. We have Suzie (the Suzuki Vitara) and Sienna (the Toyota Sienna) at the moment.

Yay! Most of my family thinks I'm nuts. My car is Delphine. The one before her was Adelina. Addy for short. She passed on to my nephew for a time. I'd always ask after her and it would take him several minutes to remember who I was talking about. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:24 am

For me, everything alive or that can move gets named! All animals, of course, including the hermit crabs. My current car is Charles and going back from him was Harrison, Bunny, Big Bird, Daphne, Elwood, Doug and Max. Their names have always had to do with either their make/model (i.e., Harrison was a Ford -- heehee -- Charles is a Cavalier and the Cavaliers were supporters of King Charles) or their personal quirks (Bunny, a Datsun hatchback, had a very rough ride, sort of like a rabbit hopping; Elwood was a very used & trashy-looking Pontiac that never broke down anywhere it wasn't safe so he was named for Elwood of the Blues Brothers with that old police car of theirs that kept going until it got them to their final destination!). For really bad arthritis days (both hips and one knee need replacing) when my cane just won't suffice, I rely on Rosie, my wheeled walker -- she can move so she got named, too Laugh .

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 29 Jun 2016, 2:00 pm

i had a cyst on my wrist, I named him Ike. He was with me for 2 years and I would talk to him sometimes. So when I got him removed, I kinda missed him. He must be so lonely.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:11 pm

I thought cars were always feminine because they are chambers, like a womb. That almost everything in life is either yonic or phallic, "a hole or a pole."  For example, the binary system that our computers use is simplified to just zeroes and ones. 

(Does zero take an e in its plural form?)

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:27 pm

Yeah, I've heard that cars are feminine. Both of our cars have female names Wink Interesting to know the reason behind it—thanks, Brynne (and I still almost wrote October)!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 30 Jun 2016, 7:48 am

Most vehicles are considered feminine, like boats/ships are always "she".

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:52 pm

Public bathrooms are really gross sometimes. I'd thought I'd seen everything in the school bathrooms until I went to a bathroom in Quiktrip. It took me a second to realize what I was looking at. And I'll stop there XD
Sorry, random thought! XD

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:00 pm

I loved cleaning bathrooms (and the lobby) when I worked at McDonald's. I know that sounds weird, but I love cleaning anyway, so I got to spend about two hours avoiding customers and making the bathrooms and lobby perfect. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 64 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34 ... 64  Next