Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 34 of 64 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 49 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 34 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by scaredymouse Tue 14 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

I'm not really ready to post a memorial yet... But Delilah died peacefully in my hands today. I'm heartbroken. It never gets easier. I need a nap, I don't like today.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 14 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm

Well, I guess the wicked kitty Princess Pees On Bed is staying because I just called the vet's office for a refill of her Metronidazole.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 14 Mar 2017, 6:53 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I'm not really ready to post a memorial yet... But Delilah died peacefully in my hands today.  I'm heartbroken.  It never gets easier.  I need a nap, I don't like today.
I'm so sorry Scaredy Sad
Random Thoughts - Page 34 A4053f10
Random Thoughts - Page 34 Dbe58210

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by September Tue 14 Mar 2017, 7:45 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I'm not really ready to post a memorial yet... But Delilah died peacefully in my hands today.  I'm heartbroken.  It never gets easier.  I need a nap, I don't like today.

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad
September
September

Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 14 Mar 2017, 9:39 pm

Thank you both. That's a sweet little poem, anonymous. I'm gonna go stick mouse babies all over myself, that should help me feel better. I have to separate my babies tomorrow Sad

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:27 pm

Crying or Very sad We were trying to pick my classes for next year. The teacher said biology was required and I was like "Ok, cool, we'll probably learn about animals!  Very Happy ". And then the teacher said something about going to a lab and dissecting animals and I was like:  Bad Day

Luckily, I got out of it. Turns out that part wasn't required  Smile

Then I looked up what animals schools dissect, only to see rats and mice on that list Worry  I am so relieved, I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Then my dad's lizard died today. Usually I wouldn't be that sad about it, because they aren't really my pets. However, this particular lizard has been with us for years, and he was such a funny lizard. We named him E.T. because he looks like E.T. the alien. He was really big and would always flatten out like a pancake under the heat lamp. He was a uromastyx lizard. He will be missed.

EDIT: Oh my goodness, he woke up! He showed no breathing at all, I don't know how he's alive. He shows no reaction to sound, he keeps his eyes closed, and won't get up. But my dad called and we told him about his lizard, he said to touch him and see what he does. We touched him, and he opened his eyes, moved his legs a little, then went back to sleep. I think he's dying though Worry He won't move at all and just stays there, you can't see him breathing.

Last edited by AnonymousMouseOwner on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:54 pm

In high school biology I had to dissect an earthworm and a frog. Laughing

Suddenly there are yellow mice all over the place! Maybe I just never looked at the right time before. I wish I needed two more girls, but I'm sure they'll find a home quick. lol
Random Thoughts - Page 34 Screen11Random Thoughts - Page 34 Screen12
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:59 pm

We dissected a squid. Meanwhile our teacher had another person frying some up for us to taste - yes, we had to. I still can't eat Calamari. Sick

Sorry to hear about the lizard. Sad

@Peachy, that stinks that there's now a bunch of yellow mice at a time that you aren't looking to get any more!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Mar 2017, 1:28 pm

I had to dissect a cat in college, mandatory to be a nurse. It was rough. I'm sorry about your lizard. I get attached to everything. I once got attached to a fly. I spent the first night in our new house alone and I was feeling weird and there was a fly buzzing around me all day. At bedtime, I was sleeping on the floor (furniture to comes in the morning) and he settled down beside me. I named him Ernie... He stayed with me all night, it was nice to not be alone. In the morning he was dying and passed later that day and I was really sad. I really liked that guy. I'm also really attached to a plant I got from my grandma before she died 20 years ago. That plant is at least 40 years old. It has been through countless moves, travelled across country, followed me through 2 marriages and 1 divorce, and kept me company for decades. I swear if that plant dies, I will grieve!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 15 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I had to dissect a cat in college, mandatory to be a nurse.  It was rough.  I'm sorry about your lizard.  I get attached to everything.  I once got attached to a fly.  I spent the first night in our new house alone and I was feeling weird and there was a fly buzzing around me all day.  At bedtime, I was sleeping on the floor (furniture to comes in the morning) and he settled down beside me.  I named him Ernie... He stayed with me all night, it was nice to not be alone.  In the morning he was dying and passed later that day and I was really sad.  I really liked that guy.  I'm also really attached to a plant I got from my grandma before she died 20 years ago.  That plant is at least 40 years old.  It has been through countless moves, travelled across country, followed me through 2 marriages and 1 divorce, and kept me company for decades.  I swear if that plant dies, I will grieve!
Lol, your story reminded me of a story my mom told me. She said she was living alone in an apartment, and she had a little spider that hung out with her. She loved him, I think he had a name too. But, my mom's mom came over to her apartment and when my mom was in another room, she heard "SMACK!". Then she went in to see what happened and she said "You didn't kill a spider did you?" then she said "Yeah, why?", my mom replied "That was my friend!". Laughing Poor spider.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Mar 2017, 3:40 pm

aw, what a sad story!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 16 Mar 2017, 10:24 am

I can't believe quarantine is over already for my 3 new girls.  Nervous and excited to introduce them in another week. I'm hoping swapping smells between the two groups will help things go smoother. Bouncy

Ok, so I swapped my older gals' bendy bridge for the younger gals' tube. I also placed a few pumpkin seeds inside of each for good measure. Hopefully new smells + treats = new mice associated with good things??

Last edited by CallaLily on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added to post)

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 16 Mar 2017, 11:25 am

In my biology class, we had to dissect a rat. I was totally dreading it but it ended up being not as bad as I thought it would. It was actually pretty fascinating. However, I didn't get one of the pregnant females—that would have been horrible >.<

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 16 Mar 2017, 10:05 pm

I've got introductions scheduled for tomorrow. It's time to try to blend my families! Fred (Winifred) & Sally came with George and now that George is living with her daughters and my sweet Delilah is gone... I would love to smoosh these groups together and have one less tank to clean. I already swapped out the coconuts and no one seemed to care. Delilah was always my peacekeeper, so it will be interesting to see how this intro shakes out. Fred & Sally are young, they are still a little skiddish but do really well when being held and they are very sweet to each other. My older colony consists of Jellybean, Shuggie, and Bitsy (who has become the sweetest thing) and the alpha is Shuggie. Other than some occasional aggressive humping (lol), she's pretty nice. I'm cautiously optimistic that things will go smooth. Fingers crossed!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 16 Mar 2017, 10:16 pm

My new trio of girls is so peaceful. I haven't heard a peep out of them. They don't squeak at each other, fight, nothing at all. It is so nice that I didn't have to introduce them Very Happy

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 64 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 49 ... 64  Next