Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crusty belly?

3 posters

Go down

Crusty belly? Empty Crusty belly?

Post by Moose Thu 08 Apr 2021, 5:28 pm

Hello again! So I noticed my boy has matted and crusty feeling fur under his tummy? Sometimes it’s there and sometimes it seems he grooms it out and I’m wondering what it could be. It doesn’t smell and there’s no bald spots, and if I could guess I’d say it was bits of food as if he’s grooming with a mouth full of food or something. It doesn’t seem to bother him, and I’ve looked up if I could give him a warm shallow bath to maybe help loosen it up but I’ve read that a mouse being wet isn’t good for them. Thank you!
Moose
Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Crusty belly? Empty Re: Crusty belly?

Post by M O U S E Thu 08 Apr 2021, 6:40 pm

Does it cover all of his belly or some of it? I would personally use a damp towel or something to clean it. I would also check for an infection or some other injury or reddening just to be safe.
M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

Moose and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu 08 Apr 2021, 7:27 pm

Some mice are less brilliant at cleaning themselves with old age, so it's not too surprising, but it's an interesting presentation. I second a baby wipe or damp towel if needed.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Moose and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Thu 08 Apr 2021, 7:49 pm

M O U S E wrote:Does it cover all of his belly or some of it? I would personally use a damp towel or something to clean it. I would also check for an infection or some other injury or reddening just to be safe.

Thank you for the advice, I’ll see if a damp towel helps! It covers some of his belly and sometimes his paws, but he usually grooms it off his paws himself! I’ve checked all over him, around his butt and tail and everywhere else he’d let me, parted his fur and all but I see no irritation whatsoever! Just clumpy fur Confused
Moose
Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

M O U S E and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Thu 08 Apr 2021, 7:53 pm

River wrote:Some mice are less brilliant at cleaning themselves with old age, so it's not too surprising, but it's an interesting presentation. I second a baby wipe or damp towel if needed.
Thank you! I assume an unscented baby wipe, right? I’ll see if I can pick some up tomorrow! He lets me pet his belly so I’m sure he’ll be alright with me helping him groom a bit! Smile
Moose
Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down