Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+29
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AppleCheeks
admin
Blessed
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Drago
PastelMouse
September
Goldehwolfeh
olimarthemouse
Asteria
CanadianExport
EverythingAnimal
Mouseketeers
River
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
Brynne
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Bandit Cat
MouseLover
Soren
Peachy
33 posters

Page 32 of 64 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 64  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by scaredymouse Sat 04 Mar 2017, 6:46 am

*****There is gross stuff in here. Read at your own risk*****

I've seem something similar! When I had mice as a kid... So I don't remember the details. But I will stress that I was a child. I think my mouse got away from me, we has cats, so the mouse would have got eaten if I didn't catch it. I went to grab but it was too fast and all I got was tail...tip of tail. About 1/3" of skin came off and left a bloody mess and a string. Well, that string was bone.

As you know, tails bleed like crazy. But because of such great blood flow, they also heal well. My mouses talk healed fine and fast. But the little string of bone was still there. It didn't fall off like anticipated, so we made a trip to the vet. They literally just snipped it off with some scissors, put a little Neosporin on it and that was that.

She should be fine but it sounds awful for her and you! And surely painful!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 04 Mar 2017, 7:32 am

Shocked Ack! I hope she heals up well. Probably not as scary as it sounds/looks.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 04 Mar 2017, 12:32 pm

We're going to go see our regular vet later this afternoon, just in case he recommends antibiotics or something. It's wonderful to hear that your mouse's tail healed fine!

I don't remember any injury that freaked me out the way this one did. I did figure the "string" was bone, but the length of the bone-string made that idea even freakier! Laughing A big portion of her tail is gone now.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 04 Mar 2017, 2:08 pm

I know, it's insane that a large portion of her bone is just hanging out! And she's okay about it! What a bada$$. Seriously, they amaze me. Even the regular stuff amazes me, like when Georgie just dropped eight babies and them immediately started spider mousing and wheel running and wanted to play. Immediately. Gilly carried around that giant tumor like it was nothing! Mice are pretty incredible Smile

Anyway, good luck at the vet. It definitely sounds like an injury. She should be fine. Will you? You're not gonna have ptsd, are you? Wink

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 04 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

Ugh. My pets have made sure that I've seen a small share of gross, but something about that mouse tail. Laughing I'm already over it, though. It looks great today. I wish I could've seen it in the daylight instead of at 2 in the morning.

The vet cleaned her tail again and sent us home with some ointment, suggested we come back if she doesn't finish grooming it off. It looks like she's got a long hair poking out of the tip. lol
Poor Cora is hardly 6 months and she already has a ripped ear and half a tail. For such a sweet little mouse, she's been a lot of trouble!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 04 Mar 2017, 4:23 pm

I saw this girl that had a mouse on YouTube once, with a little stub for a tail. She had a video explaining what happened and apparently the mouse's tail was sticking up through the mesh lid of her tank, and her cat bit it. She just cut that gross string thing herself (I don't recommend that). Seems like it would get infected if you cut it? But I guess if it's just bone it's fine? Hope everything goes well Smile

I'm on vacation right now and I just scored some amazing deals at a pet store we visited! The big giant bag of Kaytee c&c that is "for multiple pet households" was only $13! When I get home later tomorrow I will post about it Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 04 Mar 2017, 6:29 pm

Fyi, amazon prime people- Amazon usually has white kaytee clean and cozy for cheap! I usually pay $8.79 for a 1000 cu bag, which usually sells for $20 at the pet store. And I get free prime shipping Smile

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 04 Mar 2017, 7:06 pm

I bought two bags! It turns out it's not my favorite, but $16 for 3x what I get for $12 was pretty cool. We'll see what the mice think. They like the Kaytee off brand stuff. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 04 Mar 2017, 7:07 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Fyi, amazon prime people- Amazon usually has white kaytee clean and cozy for cheap!  I usually pay $8.79 for a 1000 cu bag, which usually sells for $20 at the pet store.  And I get free prime shipping Smile
The bags I got are 1728 CU! It's a great deal, these bags are $30 in the pet store! I can't buy off of Amazon but that's a good deal too! Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 04 Mar 2017, 7:16 pm

I'm so excited to get home and let the mice and my hamster use everything I got! This was an old pet store packed from floor to ceiling, everywhere you went you ran into something or stepped on something lol. I got one of those space pod thingies, a knot nibbler, one of those hanging coconuts with a ladder, 2 gigantic bags of white Kaytee bedding, a small bag of blue Kaytee bedding, a small bag of purple Kaytee bedding, a small bag of birthday cake Kaytee bedding, 4 XX small Whimzees, a bag of dried bananas, and a bag of hemp seed. Then we went to a PetSmart (Yes, I visited PetSmart on vacation lol) and it was so different from our Pet Smart. I got a bendy bridge, millet spray, and some chews shapes like veggies at PetSmart. Oh, and we always take our doggy on vacation with us now, and PetSmart gave her a free sample of dog treats! Razz

Last edited by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My bad, Pet Smart, not Petco :P)

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 06 Mar 2017, 1:35 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Fyi, amazon prime people- Amazon usually has white kaytee clean and cozy for cheap!  I usually pay $8.79 for a 1000 cu bag, which usually sells for $20 at the pet store.  And I get free prime shipping Smile

Thanks for the tip. After shopping around some today I ended up just ordering from there. I'm not a prime member so I had to add onto my order for free shipping. It only lets you order up to 3 bags but I've been wanting the toys I added on for a while now anyway. Ended up spending a bit more than I needed but hey, the meece are worth it. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 07 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

These two got names today! The new boy is Mika and the new girl is Dulcie. Neither of them have time to sit still for my camera, and I couldn't trust either to not jump away if we stepped outside. I'm going to set up a "photo booth" tank and take it out in the daylight next time we have a warm day. Applause

Random Thoughts - Page 32 Dscn9515
Random Thoughts - Page 32 Dscn9427
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 09 Mar 2017, 1:14 am

If the pet store has mice tomorrow, I might be getting some girls.. Just in time for my birthday! It all depends though. We don't get to go to the town that has pet stores very often, and every time we get to go, they don't have any! Usually we go on weekends though, and I think they told me they "stock" their mice on Wednesdays, so there should be a lot of girls to choose from tomorrow if they just got them in today!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 09 Mar 2017, 9:46 am

The pet stores here get new stock every other Friday. I lost track of which Friday it is now, but I used to go check in regularly. lol I hope you'll meet some nice mice!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 09 Mar 2017, 3:32 pm

Peachy wrote:The pet stores here get new stock every other Friday. I lost track of which Friday it is now, but I used to go check in regularly. lol I hope you'll meet some nice mice!
Thanks! There was a ton of girls today. I saw a black one with a little tiny white dot on her back Laughing It was so funny. There was also a yellow mouse and a yellow/brindle mouse. Tons of colors, patterns, and personalities to choose from! I picked mostly based on personality, but the girls I got also had some neat coloring.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 64 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 64  Next