Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated

+11
MesaMouse
Soren
Windmilla
stephlisa
CallaLily
Artistwolf
MouseLover
CinnamonPearl
scaredymouse
Peachy
Mouseketeers
15 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 Empty Re: Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated

Post by MesaMouse Mon 03 Oct 2016, 3:50 pm

Mouseketeers wrote:Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1182_zps6dokoggj

Curly hair coming through nicely Smile

Their coats remind of a llama Laughing !

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 Empty Re: Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated

Post by Mouseketeers Sun 09 Oct 2016, 8:56 pm

@MesaMouse "Their coats remind of a llama Laughing !" I have honestly never thought of that, now that is all I think when I see them Razz

Update
Panda's Litter was born 8/10/16 - seven ish pups.... I really need to have a better look. I don't think I have ever been more excited for pups as I am these guys. So much hair!
I find it amusing that they chose to build a nest out in the open again. The only doe who I ever knew to do this was Tigger and Panda is one of Tiggers so maybe it is a genetic thing? Laughing My black heart had a little moment when I saw dear old Zoe dutifully going through her age old routine of caring for yet another litter. She has to have over seen atleast five other does pups by now.

There is three adult mice in that nest in the photo. They have three perfectly good hides of varying make and model in their tank.  Rolling Eyes You can't tell from the photo but the height that they have built the nest up to is impressive lol. It is still pretty cool up here so they have an expensive amount of bedding.
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1452_zpshb3gezbo
For those who don't know I do tend to breed within colonies. Only one pregnant doe at a time, one litter at a time within each colony. However this means they have between 1-3 other nannies. This is what works for me, this is how I like to do things so please do your own research before attempting the same thing.

Now for Roz's litter.
They are three and a half weeks old now. I am not super happy with them. Time will tell though, bumped up their protein a considerable amount. This is the only litter who won't touch any kind of baby food Rolling Eyes. I won't enjoy kicking the four bucks out at the end of the week. They really could do with spending more time in the nest.
Little Miss just under 3wks old
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1342_zpsfelrufmp

Little Miss at 3wks?
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1340_zps67i0fqnh

and Little Miss today xD
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1455_zpscthrqiqn

I am itching for some sun so I can take some decent photos. I live in Australia, we don't know what rain is let alone have to suffer through months of it Sad I am not complaining.... just... miss the sun lol
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:50 pm

They look so soft. Oh my gosh. Thud The curls always reminded me of little lambs. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Mon 10 Oct 2016, 9:37 pm

Oh my god! You need to stop with the pictures! I cannot take this level of cuteness! Heart Eyes

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins Tue 11 Oct 2016, 6:43 am

I want ALL the mice

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Drama Queen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Tue 11 Oct 2016, 6:30 pm

Finally!! I am a bit happier with Roz's litter now. I have the majority of my mice on a reasonably low protein diet. Usually I significantly up the pregnant does protein before during and after. Clearly this time around I hadn't upped it enough Neutral

As much as I am not overly impressed with their type ( it happens ) temperament wise they went above and beyond what I was asking for. Dad is a dude but Roz was not a people mouse, her full sister is in your face 24/7 and likened to a dog. Rose not so much. But these pups didn't even popcorn. Super willing to come out of the tub and be harassed on a daily basis.

Anyways, these guys are due to be separated in a few days and are starting to pick up. I don't think much needs to be said really Razz In the litter we have six rex pups, one angora ( LC ) and one poor Texel. Nothing worthy of retaining for breeding but I'm pretty sure Little Miss the LC girl will have to stay Wink What is one more to the pet cage? Laughing

Heart Eyes
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1575_zpsmt9mib0j

We have Little Miss on the left the LC, the cream girl is a rex and the white fluffy girl is a Texel.
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 FullSizeRender_zpswolgw7od

They are impossible to photograph at this age. In a few weeks I will get nicer comparison shots of their coats.
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1551_zpsicdjec3f

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 FullSizeRender%204_zpsad6yzmb9

The texel girl is a spitting image of her dad.
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 FullSizeRender%203_zpsqdaorpmd

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 FullSizeRender%205_zpsphaqyc1e
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:19 pm

Aww, that first picture. Heart Eyes
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Wed 12 Oct 2016, 5:28 pm

Oh my goodness they are adorable! I want one so bad! Do you mind if I ask what the difference is between a texel and a rex? I mentioned I wanted another mouse to my boyfriend and he said "why don't you wait till one of your girls passes before you get another one." Gotcha Which he does have a solid point. I really do not have room for more than one cage and I am not sure I want another girl. Oh well still love your little babs!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:09 am

@abeona You wouldn't happen to be on insta would you? Someone said exactly the same thing xD ... About them being like lambs that is lol.

@Andorrici - Take them all!! I can't keep them all, despite the current trend lol.

@EverythingAnimal  - Just wait till Panda's litter grows in their coats .... xD You have seen nothing yet!

@CanadianExport
Not at all, texel is essentially just a Angora ( LC )  and Rex coat together. So you have the angora length and the rex curls.
The above litter is Frosty a Texel crossed with Roz a rex. So I could have ( and did ) ended up with, rex coat, long coat or texel coats.

You can have poor examples of the coats, Roz is a pretty poor rex so I wasn't expecting a huge amount.
Frosty isn't too bad considering he is first gen Texel ( mum was a poor LC and dad was a poor Texel )
Looking at this litter I see a huge improvement over the rex coats already and we have one really nice LC girl.

However! Frosty has recently been crossed with Panda. Panda is my nicest Texel girl to date ( still plenty to work on though). So these pups texel x texel.
Super excited for their coat to come through, their whiskers are already super curly.

You can never have too many mice. At least that is what I tell myself. Once you have one, two, three, seven.... ten cages. What is one more really? Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing

This is how you know my mice wouldn't last five seconds in the wild.... Rolling Eyes
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1706_zps7hf5oorc

Yep to the right is a wooden house that I left in longer than I would have liked because they had original nested in there near due date. And yep there is a blue hide at the front of that photo ( they have converted that into a toilet Rolling Eyes ). There is another hide on the other side of the tank too. But no. below zero temps and they are playing out in the open.
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_1704_zpsltgrh9wu

Tigger and her offspring have always nested in the open xD
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Sun 16 Oct 2016, 4:57 pm

Mouseketeers, hahaha you can when you start downsizing apartments. That is my big concern though I am tempted to add another once we move because I just realized that I have a breeder about 2 1/2 hours south of us that breeds rexes! Come next year who knows there might be a new little meecer in the family!

I love your mice they are amazing!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Tue 18 Oct 2016, 7:38 pm

Hehe, well I am super excited for you xD Rex's are adorable ... But I am a bit biased... Razz

Sooo, what happens when you try and add some length to the texel coat? You get no texel's and lots of LC's... But! I can't complain too much Razz

This is Little Miss, I keep trying to convince myself I do not need to keep her. Then she does silly things like flip under the food bowl and play upside down, or suddenly disappear during a photo session and I find her grooming herself on my foot. So I guess she is staying .... what is one more? Razz
Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_2104_zpsykj2rmme

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 FullSizeRender_zpsn6m9tijc

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 FullSizeRender_zpsjmovtayv

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 IMG_2102_zpsvsgvwtrt
Some filler litter photos till Panda's are old enough to photograph. These guys are almost full siblings to Little Miss. The yellow broken marked brindle buck is a potential keeper.

On a slightly depressing note, Panda tossed a lot of LC and little to no Texel. Murphy's law really.
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 19 Oct 2016, 8:48 am

Aaaaw Little Miss Love so fluffy! She sounds like such a character Laughing

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Mon 14 Nov 2016, 3:26 am

It is funny how life takes little dips and turns. So instead of resigning my lease I decided on a whim that I need to buy a place. May or may not have had something to do with turning 25. Unfortunately this leaves me with a very short amount of time to find and purchase a place. I anticipate some time will need to be spent at my parents place. Understandably they are balking at the *cough* 12 tanks. So some reshuffling will need to take place / has already begun. Unfortunately this probably marks the end of these lines as all bucks will need to be rehomed / by the time I am settled again my does will be too old.

But who knows, when there is a will there is a way. It has been one hell of a ride up to this point. If nothing else I am excited to get my special girls whittled down to a few tanks and finally get them the attention they deserve. By the way this number is still upwards of 12 odd does ... Razz

I still have Panda's litter to photograph and show off. They are a testament to the theory that good friendly mice are bred not created. Hardly handled and within a few days they were pocket pets again. Makes it all the more harder to accept that this marks the end of this line.

However! A hiatus not an ending of the project. We will be back. Not to mention you all get to be spammed with adult photos for once instead.

You guys have been amazing this last year! No one can begin to imagine how much easier it made cleaning one million tanks and handing way too many mice a day. Knowing that I had a community behind me. So thank you.

Here is a short 5 second clip of Little Miss. She could play this game all day xD
Direct link because PB hates me https://vid1360.photobucket.com/albums/r656/Mymouseketeers/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.D8118F2F-C89F-4E70-A98F-0C924879D6D9_zps0ix1qhc7.mp4

Current and upcoming litters - Constantly updated - Page 6 Th_trim.D8118F2F-C89F-4E70-A98F-0C924879D6D9_zps0ix1qhc7
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Mon 14 Nov 2016, 8:51 am

I hope everything goes well for you! I wish you the best in finding a place to buy and in rehoming your bucks!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 14 Nov 2016, 2:22 pm

Moving is such a monster, regardless of the circumstances, but it sounds like you've got a sound long-range plan so best of luck finding a permanent place. Sad to hear that the move(s) will entail the end of the genetic line you've had but you certainly can be proud of what you've accomplished. We'll miss more baby pics but will look forward to following the does you're keeping.

PS: Photobucket hates everyone!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6